Author Topic: Levin puts GOP on NOTICE: You're going to get Trump impeached!  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Levin puts GOP on NOTICE: You're going to get Trump impeached!
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »
So how many time has he put the GOP on notice??

LOL I was kinda wondering about that one myself.

Certainly not as many times as Hammity.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 05:26:22 pm »
 @Frank Cannon  Liberalism ain't pretty, no matter who wears it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:28:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 05:29:36 pm »
LOL I was kinda wondering about that one myself.

Certainly not as many times as Hammity.

I lost count to be honest..  To be honest, there is a reason why I don't support the Convention of States.. He started it and something tells me it would be a bad idea.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 05:29:47 pm »
He's saying something a bit similar to what Rick Santorum said. So, I think it's worth listening too. It may be a bit extreme in what Levin said but similar in nature. He's always real dramatic.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »
You're painting with a broad brush there pal....

Tell that to her

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:36:50 pm by jpsb »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2017, 05:33:00 pm »

I lost count to be honest..  To be honest, there is a reason why I don't support the Convention of States.. He started it and something tells me it would be a bad idea.

I abandoned my support for it when I saw Trumpers supporting it. They and Trump are progressives just like Teddy Roosevelt.

Progressives always want a shot at "fixing" the constitution.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 05:35:41 pm »
I abandoned my support for it when I saw Trumpers supporting it. They and Trump are progressives just like Teddy Roosevelt.

Progressives always want a shot at "fixing" the constitution.

I think so minor changes can be done, but when it comes to "fixing" the constitution hell no. In this day and age, no frakin way.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 05:39:29 pm »
So how many time has he put the GOP on notice??

Frequently - right up to the few weeks before election time, then he is insistent we pull the lever for the very people he says have betrayed Conservatism and Reagan's legacy.

Lesser of two-evils thing, and then he bleats all this warning crap.

Levin was the last one I listened to, and was the final reason why I turned off talk radio altogether and completely.

None of them mean what they say, it's all for show and ratings.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 05:50:05 pm »
I agree @skeeter   Impeachment would be heavenly for the GOPe, especially those in Congress.  They'll have gotten rid of the guy making them work and holding them accountable .... and Congressional republicans, now back to the minority, can shrug and claim "hey, it's not our fault".

Term limits, my friends.  Term limits.

Making them work?

Give me a break. They've done nothing. He hasn't made them do anything.

If you are going to make people work, you have to start by leading them. Since Trump couldn't even lead a horse to water, let alone make him drink, your statement is completely false.

All Trump is doing is setting up libtards for sweeping victories for the next decade, maybe more. All while not enacting a single relevant reform.

Thanks for helping push this crap sandwich on the rest of the country, Right in Virginia. You should be ashamed to show your face around here any more, but you just go right on ahead and keep leading the band while the Titanic sinks. Pathetic.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »
Some talk about India, Shapiro and Medved have their religious slant too. I think these people just might not like Trump because they are not mainstream white Americans. They are paranoid. There is nothing do explain their views except their skin color.

@TomSea

What are you talking about?

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2017, 06:02:51 pm »
Frequently - right up to the few weeks before election time, then he is insistent we pull the lever for the very people he says have betrayed Conservatism and Reagan's legacy.

Lesser of two-evils thing, and then he bleats all this warning crap.

Levin was the last one I listened to, and was the final reason why I turned off talk radio altogether and completely.

None of them mean what they say, it's all for show and ratings.

To be honest I never listened to Levin. Never did like him. However, Rush, Sean, and 99% of other talk shows, the act is old.  It is just the same old crap.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2017, 06:13:00 pm »
@TomSea

What are you talking about?

That I think talk show hosts, Shapiro and Medved basically abandon their stance on moral issues because they do not trust Trump.

@Machiavelli
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:13:16 pm by TomSea »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »
That I think talk show hosts, Shapiro and Medved basically abandon their stance on moral issues because they do not trust Trump.

In Shapiro's case, he does not tie his morality to Trump as a measure of righteousness.  Neither have I read anything from him that would indicate he equates his faith via whom he votes for and puts all his trust in.

Medved from the couple of times I have listened to him is just another Establishment hack, so I pay him no mind whatsoever.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 06:21:30 pm »
Levin is good, Rush is fantastic, about the one I can really get excited about listening to whenever I can is Larry Elder. This board, where we can participate in it ourselves, takes the place a bit of listening to these talking heads... but what Rush says is usually or often worth listening to or reading the transcript if one wants to know what is really going on.  One can find fault with them all, Hannity tells one what is up, I listened to him with Jay Sekulow some yesterday.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:55 pm »
Making them work?

If you are going to make people work, you have to start by leading them. Since Trump couldn't even lead a horse to water, let alone make him drink, your statement is completely false.

All Trump is doing is setting up libtards for sweeping victories for the next decade, maybe more. All while not enacting a single relevant reform.

Thanks for helping push this crap sandwich on the rest of the country, Right in Virginia. You should be ashamed to show your face around here any more, but you just go right on ahead and keep leading the band while the Titanic sinks. Pathetic.

Ouch.  That slap of hard truth is going to leave a mark.

Even if the intended pretends not to notice and swallows the tears.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 06:37:47 pm »
Then we should learn from history, shouldn't we?   

Forget how we all felt about Trump before the election.   The Dems practice solidarity;  we better do so as well or we'll get steamrolled.

You could not be more right. 

I despised Trump before the election.  I was also sure he would lose.  I'm still amazed that he won but, oh, so glad.

His winning saved our country.  Four years of Hillary would have put a seal on Obama's attempt to ruin the country entirely.

So, yes, I'm for Trump.  He can be his own worst enemy but he's our Republican President right now and not doing a bad job at all.

Instead of rallying around him ... as the dems rallied around the loathsome Obama and the crooked Hillary, we mindlessly join the dems and the crooked press in criticizing him.

What do we criticize him about? Mostly his tweets and his associates.  Trump is not good yet at choosing associates but he's learning.

On major policy issues, he has the right intentions, many of which have been foiled by judges or his own party.

Republicans deserve to lose if they cannot get their act together and get over their petty grievances with their President.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 06:47:02 pm »
Have we all become such complete doddering fools that we've forgotten the GWB days? W was a perfect statesman and complete opposite of the rougher and cruder Trump.

And what happened? The media and the left savaged W with a firestorm of whipped up hysteria and propaganda just as loud and noisy as what they're pulling against Trump today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

So the Reps who are hand wringing with angst and morally outraged over every little thing Trump says and does that they find not civil enough - remember that.

And we lost Congress in '06 with the perfect  civil statesman W at the helm. Why? Because of a GOP do-nothing Congress. GOP doesn't turn out. Same scenario setting up today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Are we going to tizzy ourselves into a seizure over tweets, or demand Congress gets something done?
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 06:49:15 pm »
Have we all become such complete doddering fools that we've forgotten the GWB days? W was a perfect statesman and complete opposite of the rougher and cruder Trump.

And what happened? The media and the left savaged W with a firestorm of whipped up hysteria and propaganda just as loud and noisy as what they're pulling against Trump today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

So the Reps who are hand wringing with angst and morally outraged over every little thing Trump says and does that they find not civil enough - remember that.

And we lost Congress in '06 with the perfect  civil statesman W at the helm. Why? Because of a GOP do-nothing Congress. GOP doesn't turn out. Same scenario setting up today. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Are we going to tizzy ourselves into a seizure over tweets, or demand Congress gets something done?

Yep it's so funny that Rick Santorum, who lost his 2006 Senate re-election bid by a whopping 17%,  was blaming Virginia on Trump.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:50:22 pm by dfwgator »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 06:52:36 pm »
Making them work?

I don't disagree.  Thus far, Trump's approach is to wait for a bill to magically come across his desk for him to sign, he just thought by magic, the GOP would make it happen.  It doesn't work that way. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 06:55:44 pm »

Many of our dear friends and fellow posters have no greater joy than when they are finding something to criticize about Trump.

Why?  Maybe we all need a little time on the couch but I find no joy whatsoever in criticizing Trump.  I hate to do it and most of the time I don't.

But "they" are so much better ... so much smarter; so much more cultured.  They cannot bring themselves to support Trump because that would compromise their own morality and values.

Guess what?  Nobody is asking them to support Trump's moral values, whatever they think those values are (but we don't really know).

I'm simply wishing that they could at least bring themselves to support the Trump presidency if not the man.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 07:00:10 pm »
I don't disagree.  Thus far, Trump's approach is to wait for a bill to magically come across his desk for him to sign, he just thought by magic, the GOP would make it happen.  It doesn't work that way.

And how does it work, pray tell?

Is there anyone you can think of who could light a fire under Congress.  Anyone?

Ted Cruz is a good example.  I love all his ideas.  He's the best conservative in the country right now. 

But, does anybody think he could get the current Congress off their butts?

The main thing a President can do about getting legislation passed is to go directly to the people and Trump has done that.

Don't believe those polls.  I know Trump is popular still.  I know it because all of my contacts, some of them former democrats, like Trump.  All the posts on Facebook against Trump are heartily derided.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 07:04:52 pm »

His winning saved our country. 

Right, because we fully traded a Republic for a Dictator and one single person elected to high office can "save the country" because they all come from Krypton or something - right?

Idolatry knows no bounds by a people wholly ignorant of what we were supposed to be.

Instead of rallying around him ... as the dems rallied around the loathsome Obama and the crooked Hillary, we mindlessly join the dems and the crooked press in criticizing him.

Because people governed by principles do not 'rally' around men.  We rally around those who are governed by and espouse the principles we are beholden.  Trump is none of those things - so we do not seig-heil a man the way the rest of the country does depending on which ideology they are wedded to.  Conservatives support principles - not politicians who pay lip service just to get into power.

On major policy issues, he has the right intentions, many of which have been foiled by judges or his own party.

Sheesh, where have I heard that we must judge people based on their 'intentions' and not by their fruits before?

Oh that's right - Pelosi and Company have trademarked that slogan.  Interesting to note self-identifying "Conservatives" freely use it now too.

I know, I know - this people are grown used to the idea that the Executive is never responsible for anything negative that ever happens.  It's always everyone else's fault - despite books being sold that proclaim them to be superhuman deal-makers.

Republicans deserve to lose if they cannot get their act together and get over their petty grievances with their President.

Republicans deserve to lose because they are the same side of the Statist coin that the Democrats are, and they have illustrated that fact plainly over the last half a decade.  They no longer stand for limited government, maximum liberty and fiscal responsibility.  The GOP now stands for massive government, maximum dependency and fiscal irresponsibility.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 07:06:14 pm »
And how does it work, pray tell?

Is there anyone you can think of who could light a fire under Congress.  Anyone?

Ted Cruz is a good example.  I love all his ideas.  He's the best conservative in the country right now. 

But, does anybody think he could get the current Congress off their butts?

The main thing a President can do about getting legislation passed is to go directly to the people and Trump has done that.

Don't believe those polls.  I know Trump is popular still.  I know it because all of my contacts, some of them former democrats, like Trump.  All the posts on Facebook against Trump are heartily derided.

I thought that Trump's first year was going to be rough.  It was to be expected with an outsider, who has little experience with how DC works, and especially with those with a vested interest in him not succeeding.   But now it's time for him to take charge with Congress and to make them realize that if he goes down, they will go down with him, and they'd better figure out, for all of their sake to work together.  Now is the time for Trump to Lead.  Is he up to it?   We shall see.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 07:07:16 pm »

That may be his biggest flaw, treating Congress like a co-equal branch of govt and expecting them to do their job.

IMO, the last card to play, is for Trump to get active in particularly the Senate races to get do-something Republicans to run and win. Get the Senate up to around 60 votes and start squeezing McConnell to make the nuclear option permanent. Tell McCain, Collins, and Murkowski to sit and spin.

Then use a bully pulpit full court press for action.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2017, 07:10:12 pm »
They cannot bring themselves to support Trump because that would compromise their own morality and values.

BINGO.  You accidentally stumbled onto the truth.  How about that?

Guess what?  Nobody is asking them to support Trump's moral values, whatever they think those values are (but we don't really know).

The Democrats never really knew what Obama's were either.  Just that he was going to screw those they have been led to hate.

Wow.  Sounds familiar.

Nothing new with the change of regimes obviously.  Just more of the same with a different letter after the name on the Party card.

I'm simply wishing that they could at least bring themselves to support the Trump presidency if not the man.

I think Eastwood already did a skit with an empty chair at a convention.  Shall we do so with Trump's office as well - as if it is some kind of Holy See and ring we must kiss for it's infallibility?