Author Topic: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas  (Read 36243 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas
« Reply #750 on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:13 pm »
Oh, bullshit.   You're simply lying when you accuse me of wanting to "grab guns".   I want no such thing.  I propose a regime of registration and insurance for exactly the purpose I stated - to allocate and mitigate risk.   

Then you are invincibly ignorant of history, and the notable progression from registration to confiscation, with certainty. Actually, I don't think you're ignorant of it - I think you're fine with it.

When is the last time you needed a gun? When is the last time you shot one off? I think the shit you propose doesn't effect you in the least, And because of that, you think it should be the same for everyone else -- Which it ain't.

The Constitution does not give anyone the right to expose others to deadly risk without compensation.

Actually, as @austingirl already enumerated, yes, in fact, it does.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:48:13 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #751 on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:29 pm »
Oh, bullshit.  Indeed,  your dishonesty is why I cannot respect you - ascribing to me motivations you've conjured up out of thin air is textbook bad faith. 

You're simply lying when you accuse me of wanting to "grab guns".   I want no such thing.  I propose a regime of registration and insurance for exactly the purpose I stated - to allocate and mitigate risk.   The Constitution does not give anyone the right to expose others to deadly risk without compensation.

You lied when you pretended we are reasonable people.   You lie when you deny being a grabber.  That is only a couple of a host of reasons I have the same level of respect for you that you claim to have for me.  The right to keep and bear arms is too important to leave up to a pack of leftist liars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #752 on: November 09, 2017, 10:48:38 pm »
Then you are invincibly ignorant of history, and the notable progression from registration to confiscation, with certainty. Actually, I don't think you're ignorant of it - I think you're fine with it.

When is the last time you needed a gun? When is the last time you shot one off? I think the shit you propose doesn't effect you in the least, And because of that, you think it should be the same for everyone else -- Which it ain't.

Watch him claim to own a firearm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #753 on: November 09, 2017, 10:50:16 pm »
The Constitution does not allow for regulating the right to own a firearm

Yes, it does.   Every Constitutional right is subject to reasonable regulation.  See Heller.  End of discussion.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #754 on: November 09, 2017, 10:52:10 pm »
No, the correct Constitutional response is to prosecute those criminal actors which survive and leave everyone else out of it. The Constitution does not allow for regulating the right to own a firearm, nor does it allow for anyone to lose "life, liberty or property" without due process of law, which includes being accused, tried and convicted of a crime. Writing new laws to make people guilty of something unnecessary which will not stop anyone from murdering someone in order to infringe their rights is liable to get someone unnecessarily killed, sooner or later, over something which should not have ever been an issue. In the meantime, though, the Constitution does allow for the arrest, trial, and prosecution of those who are out there performing acts of murder and violence, and those people can and do lose some of their Liberty as a result of either their actions or those of the court.

Passing another law when the Government cannot and will not enforce the very laws which it should be going by in order to stop lawbreakers which will only be created by the new law, not stopped by it, is a non-starter. I will crawl over broken glass naked in a blizzard to get to the polls to vote against anyone who votes for such nonsense, and will devote my resources to their electoral defeat.   

My rifle IS my insurance from statist jerkoffs who think they can regulate it out of my hands.
"From my cold dead fingers" means something.

I'll be damned if I am going to have my rights, especially one which SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED nibbled away at. Stuff the insurance. I will own a rifle as long as I breathe. Take your insurance scheme and shove it. You would have honest people pay for the crimes of others. No effing way. End of discussion.

:hands:

Dittos, well said.  I'm not talking any more on this thread to somebody who opened a conversation with us in bad faith.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #755 on: November 09, 2017, 11:01:00 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #756 on: November 09, 2017, 11:09:45 pm »
Who gets to define what "reasonable regulation" is? 

"Common sense" ain't so common anymore, thus, 2nd Amendment supporters should rightfully eschew any discussion with those words included. 

I am equally suspicious/dismissive of the use of the word "reasonable" in this context.

The Supreme Court, as it has done innumerable times in the past. The Second Amendment is no more absolute than is the First Amendment. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #757 on: November 09, 2017, 11:10:33 pm »
Oh, bullshit.  Indeed,  your dishonesty is why I cannot respect you - ascribing to me motivations you've conjured up out of thin air is textbook bad faith. 

You're simply lying when you accuse me of wanting to "grab guns".   I want no such thing.  I propose a regime of registration and insurance for exactly the purpose I stated - to allocate and mitigate risk.   The Constitution does not give anyone the right to expose others to deadly risk without compensation.
I would suggest that those who want to avoid deadly risk not f*ck with the right to keep and bear arms.

See how simple that is?

You never answered how I would compensate someone for "risk", a possibility of loss or injury : peril; someone or something that creates or suggests a hazard.

You cannot compensate for risk, only damage.

In the absence of damage, the real risk was zero.

How would your insurance company pay for almost hitting another car?
OMG! You were only ten feet away! If your engine is running the whole planet is at risk!
Mighta, coulda, almost, purt'near, phooey!

Let's look at some real risks. According to this data https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8, for instance, in 2011 323 people were killed with rifles in the US. Note, too, that 728 people were killed with hands and feet in the same year in the US.

This means that people walking around with hands and feet are more than twice as dangerous as people who have rifles.

Which means that hand and foot insurance should be at least twice as much as rifle insurance. 

Because everyone with hands and feet places the population at twice the risk of a rifle owner.

See how bloody silly that is?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #758 on: November 09, 2017, 11:12:14 pm »
Watch him claim to own a firearm.

I don't give a crap if he does. He most certainly doesn't USE it, or he'd know just how ridiculous his position is.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #759 on: November 09, 2017, 11:22:12 pm »
The Supreme Court, as it has done innumerable times in the past. The Second Amendment is no more absolute than is the First Amendment.
Sure it is, by its very nature.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #760 on: November 09, 2017, 11:32:41 pm »
I'll be damned if I am going to have my rights, especially one which SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED nibbled away at. Stuff the insurance. I will own a rifle as long as I breathe. Take your insurance scheme and shove it. You would have honest people pay for the crimes of others. No effing way. End of discussion.

And that is how it's done.

Next lesson, class?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #761 on: November 09, 2017, 11:36:35 pm »
Ultimately, the courts.
Not the people?

consider you self exposed, liberal.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #762 on: November 09, 2017, 11:39:55 pm »
Who gets to define what "reasonable regulation" is?

Jazzhead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #763 on: November 09, 2017, 11:41:26 pm »
There is nothing in the Constitution that gives you the right to expose others to deadly risks without compensation. 

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives you the right to vote either.  Yet people still vote.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #764 on: November 10, 2017, 12:29:31 am »
CNN is reporting he shot animals he bought from Craig's list

He's truly a monster

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/us/texas-church-shooting-former-colleague/index.html

I can't print it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #765 on: November 10, 2017, 12:33:32 am »

He's truly a monster

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/us/texas-church-shooting-former-colleague/index.html

I can't print it.

No words..........   **nononono*

But their conversations made Edwards increasingly uncomfortable. At one point, Edwards said, Kelley praised Dylann Roof, the man who entered a South Carolina church and killed nine people during a bible study.

"He would say 'isn't it cool? Did you watch the news?'" Edwards said. "He would say he wished he had the nerve to do it, but all he would be able to do is kill animals."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #766 on: November 10, 2017, 12:34:04 am »
All insurance is a tax.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2017, 12:36:20 am »

He's truly a monster

I can't print it.

@Freya

I was going to post it, but it made me cry. I will have nightmares. What an evil b@st@ard. Bad seed personified.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2017, 12:41:29 am »
@Freya

I was going to post it, but it made me cry. I will have nightmares. What an evil b@st@ard. Bad seed personified.

@austingirl I confess, I didn't read it I just saw the headline, saw it wasn't posted here and posted it.

I'll have nightmares too. Big hugs to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:03 am »
So, which of Dante's rings is he in?
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #770 on: November 10, 2017, 12:43:59 am »

The only comfort I have right now, is that he is being punished with eternal fire.

And hopefully screaming in pain.

(Not feeling particular "Christian charity" toward this filthy beast...... )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #771 on: November 10, 2017, 12:44:15 am »

It's been a very long time since I've read it, b b but I'd guess not with Paulo and Francesca

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #772 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:50 am »

Hopefully, it is round robin on shuffle. Every "day" a new hell with no way of knowing what comes next.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #773 on: November 10, 2017, 01:17:42 am »
@austingirl I confess, I didn't read it I just saw the headline, saw it wasn't posted here and posted it.

I'll have nightmares too. Big hugs to you.

@Freya
Thanks and hugs back to you. I'm petting Hank and Harriet for comfort.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #774 on: November 10, 2017, 01:22:12 am »
Yes, it does.   Every Constitutional right is subject to reasonable regulation.  See Heller.  End of discussion.

Advocates and pushers for government tyranny like you, are the very reason we have a Second Amendment to begin with.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775