Author Topic: Things Fall Apart: Last Days Of Virginia Governor's Race Has Dems In A 'Circular Firing Squad'  (Read 657 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
townhall
Matt Vespa
Posted: Nov 03, 2017 1:30 PM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/11/03/things-fall-apart-last-days-of-virginia-governors-race-has-virginia-democrats-in-a-circular-firing-squad-n2404326

Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ralph Northam could be having one of the worst weeks in politics. Questions relating to an ad from a third party and now a liberal group abandoning him altogether after he said he would sign a bill that would ban sanctuary cities. Guy has more on that flip-flop; Northam, who is the lieutenant governor of the state, who boasted about being the deciding vote in the state Senate that blocked banning sanctuary cities. The Virginia Democrat surely isn’t acting like he’s in the lead. In fact, the attacks on Republican Ed Gillespie in the past few days have reeked of desperation. There must be something in the internal polling that has him and his people spooked because this has become a campaign that seems to be going off the hinges. First, Democracy for Action, the progressive group that called Northam’s campaign “racist” after the sanctuary city position reversal (via McClatchy):

A liberal activist group on Thursday labeled Ralph Northam’s campaign "racist," criticizing the Virginia Democrat running for governor a day after he declared that he would not support "sanctuary cities" for undocumented immigrants.

"Let's be really clear: If Ralph Northam wins next Tuesday, it won't be because he publicly backtracked on his commitment to protecting immigrant families, but in spite of it," said Charles Chamberlain, executive director of Democracy for America, a grassroots progressive activist based in Vermont.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Silver Pines

Recently Northam was up 13 over Gillespie.  Now it's tied, with one poll placing Gillespie ahead by 3. 

If it ends up that Northam screwed himself, I'm going to get several day's worth of hilarity from it.

Offline Frank Cannon

Recently Northam was up 13 over Gillespie.  Now it's tied, with one poll placing Gillespie ahead by 3. 

If it ends up that Northam screwed himself, I'm going to get several day's worth of hilarity from it.

Basing any assumptions on who is doing what in any election anymore is a fools game. For the last 6 years polls have shown the opposite of what is happening. They don't work anymore.

Silver Pines

Basing any assumptions on who is doing what in any election anymore is a fools game. For the last 6 years polls have shown the opposite of what is happening. They don't work anymore.

Yeah, you're right...I don't put a lot of stock in them.  But the tide seems to be turning against Northam.  He just can't stop screwing up.

Then again, I could end up with another freak governor next week. 

• Wulf Anson Author
Yeah, you're right...I don't put a lot of stock in them.  But the tide seems to be turning against Northam.  He just can't stop screwing up.

Then again, I could end up with another freak governor next week.

You think you got freaks?

Try living in Dannel Malloy's World of Next Tuesday Worker's Paradise.

It's SO bad in Ct that 3 months ago he polled at a 9% approval rating.

The only people here who don't wince when his name is mentioned are the kids working in burger joints who don't pay Any attention at all.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Silver Pines

You think you got freaks?

Try living in Dannel Malloy's World of Next Tuesday Worker's Paradise.

It's SO bad in Ct that 3 months ago he polled at a 9% approval rating.

The only people here who don't wince when his name is mentioned are the kids working in burger joints who don't pay Any attention at all.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Why, those kids are the future.   *****rollingeyes*****

I hear you, and yes, he's lousy.  But Terry McAuliffe...in the slime Olympics, he's a contender.

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Why, those kids are the future.   *****rollingeyes*****

I hear you, and yes, he's lousy.  But Terry McAuliffe...in the slime Olympics, he's a contender.

Silly me. Reflecting on sitting here in the post Enola Gay ruins of Ct I forgot.

Malloy's just a State wide Pariah.

McCauliffe's record is Nation Wide.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Even a perfect Democrat candidate might not be able to overcome the exodus of the Obama administration employees this past year.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What has changed the dynamics of the governor's race in Virginia was that ad with the white guy in the black pickup with the Rebel flag.

This is what happens when you let "the most progressive of the progressives" run your campaign for you.
The ad certainly was hard-hitting -- very well done.
But... the only problem is that the folks gettin' worked up over it aren't "the intended audience".

It's the WHITE FOLK who "got the message" from the ad.

I've posted on the subject of the emergence of "white identity politics" a few times before over the past few years in The Briefing Room and each time I was pilloried for even bringing the subject up.

But it can't be ignored. What's going on in Virginia RIGHT NOW is an example of whites "comin' around" to "identify" with what's been going on in the democrat-communist party, and how it affects many of them who in many cases come from "lifetime-democrat" family backgrounds.

What whites are realizing is that the party they have been associated with for years -- decades -- has transformed to the point where it HATES them. For as base a reason as the color of their own skin.

Now it's not easy for a working-class white to "turn to the other side". Long-standing political ties, often reaching back for decades within families aren't easy to break and walk away from. But as the democrat-communist party shifts further to the out-of-bounds, breaking the ties that bind become easier. Once they understand that there is nothing more for them from the democrat-communists, they will come to our side.

Again, if Gillespie pulls this off -- it was "the ad" that won it for him.
Even if it wasn't HIS ad!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

They really don't.  I just saw an article on Red State citing a poll about how very low Trump's approval numbers are.  The article defended the accuracy of polls by citing how close they were on Hillary.

Well, they weren't close and, as they say, close only counts in horseshoes.  From my observation, Trump is more popular than ever.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Wulf Anson Author
They really don't.  I just saw an article on Red State citing a poll about how very low Trump's approval numbers are.  The article defended the accuracy of polls by citing how close they were on Hillary.

Well, they weren't close and, as they say, close only counts in horseshoes.  From my observation, Trump is more popular than ever.

Yup. Polling results are all too often a reflection of the hopes and dreams of the people organizing them.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/opinion/columns/herb-van-fleet-president-trump-stress-disorder/article_230ebcb8-c0a4-5811-b869-f3dfdc5d785c.html

Even the international community has concerns about our president and America’s role in foreign affairs. Last June the Pew Research Center polled 37 developed countries and found that, during the end of the Barack Obama presidency, those countries reported a 64 percent confidence rate in the U.S. with 23 percent expressing no confidence. But polling results for the Donald Trump presidency were almost the exact reverse — only 22 percent confident and 74 percent with no confidence. In less than a year, American leadership in the free world has fallen precipitously.

Because of this existential angst regarding the viability of our government both at home and abroad, psychologists report seeing patients in record numbers. In fact they call it PTSD — “President Trump Stress Disorder.” The Urban Dictionary defines this version of PTSD as, “The disquieting feeling of fear, horror, and loneliness that engulfs your entire body — down to your soul — when you realize that you’re living in a representative-democracy where the percent of the population that is intentionally ignorant, racist, sexist, and/or bigoted has reach a critical mass.”

Ask and phrase the questions you want asked to create your desired outcome.

GIGO: Garbage In = Garbage Out

Silver Pines

Silly me. Reflecting on sitting here in the post Enola Gay ruins of Ct I forgot.

Malloy's just a State wide Pariah.

McCauliffe's record is Nation Wide.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

It's been four years, and I still can't settle it in my mind that he's really my governor.  Doesn't seem real.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yup. Polling results are all too often a reflection of the hopes and dreams of the people organizing them.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/opinion/columns/herb-van-fleet-president-trump-stress-disorder/article_230ebcb8-c0a4-5811-b869-f3dfdc5d785c.html

Even the international community has concerns about our president and America’s role in foreign affairs. Last June the Pew Research Center polled 37 developed countries and found that, during the end of the Barack Obama presidency, those countries reported a 64 percent confidence rate in the U.S. with 23 percent expressing no confidence. But polling results for the Donald Trump presidency were almost the exact reverse — only 22 percent confident and 74 percent with no confidence. In less than a year, American leadership in the free world has fallen precipitously.

Because of this existential angst regarding the viability of our government both at home and abroad, psychologists report seeing patients in record numbers. In fact they call it PTSD — “President Trump Stress Disorder.” The Urban Dictionary defines this version of PTSD as, “The disquieting feeling of fear, horror, and loneliness that engulfs your entire body — down to your soul — when you realize that you’re living in a representative-democracy where the percent of the population that is intentionally ignorant, racist, sexist, and/or bigoted has reach a critical mass.”

Ask and phrase the questions you want asked to create your desired outcome.

GIGO: Garbage In = Garbage Out

All I know is what I see on Facebook and among friends.  Total thumbs up for the job Trump is doing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.