Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, avoids prison time  (Read 550 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bowe Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, avoids prison time
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:41:36 pm »

CNN
By Dakin Andone, Holly Yan and Nick Valencia
Updated 4:18 AM ET, Sat November 4, 2017

Fort Bragg, North Carolina (CNN)Bowe Bergdahl received a dishonorable discharge from the US Army, but will avoid prison time for desertion and misbehavior before the enemy after abandoning his outpost in Afghanistan in 2009, a military judge ruled Friday.

The judge ordered that Bergdahl's rank be reduced from sergeant to private. Additionally, Bergdahl will be required to pay a $1,000 fine from his salary for the next 10 months.
"Sgt. Bergdahl has looked forward to today for a long time," Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl's civilian attorney, said at a news conference after the proceedings.

(more)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/bowe-bergdahl-sentenced/index.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Bowe Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, avoids prison time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:51:13 pm »
They're worried about him. That's why no prison time. A guy like that wouldn't survive in an "AMERICAN" prison.
(he seems to love being in a Taliban prison. I can only guess why. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If that's his thing then just do it.)

He's not a person that I would ever hope to meet. I think things would not be good for both of us.

His life is over. Where is he going to work? What is he going to do? I hear the carwash is hiring. But you better use a different name.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
They're worried about him. That's why no prison time. A guy like that wouldn't survive in an "AMERICAN" prison.
(he seems to love being in a Taliban prison. I can only guess why. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If that's his thing then just do it.)

He's not a person that I would ever hope to meet. I think things would not be good for both of us.

His life is over. Where is he going to work? What is he going to do? I hear the carwash is hiring. But you better use a different name.

At least prison would have been 'three hots and a cot.'

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »
At least prison would have been 'three hots and a cot.'

@dfwgator

I think they knew that. Sometimes the best punishment is just turning them out.
You have a Dishonorable, which means you have nothing. No benefits at all. If he shows up to the VA they will throw his ass out.

I'm good with it. If I was him, I would be scared as hell. He needs to go back to his Taliban buddies. At this point, that's the best shot he's got.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:01:27 pm by 240B »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »
Wouldn't it just be horrible if some tragic fatal accident happened to poor little Bowe, you never know he even commit suicide.