Author Topic: George H.W. Bush calls Trump a 'blowhard' in new book: 'I don't like him'  (Read 8307 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: George H.W. Bush calls Trump a 'blowhard' in new book: 'I don't like him'
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 06:38:57 pm »
The Bushes keep their mouth shut in the face of the most vicious vitriol from the left, but are quick to criticize Trump because he offends their country club sensibilities.  It's high time they all got off the stage, along with the Clintons.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 06:49:50 pm »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 06:58:13 pm »
I understand you now.  Its about worship not reality.

If only you did.  Hah.  What did I say that indicated worship to you?  I said I liked them.

Also it infuriates me that they have become such easy targets on TBR.  Everyone criticized them for not speaking and now people are criticizing them for a book with a few quotes dug out that show how old GHWB is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »
Both of them need to keep their mouth shut.....I would feel differently if they had been this vocal about Obama but it seems everything he did was okay.

Thank you for moving my thread.  I didn't realize there already was one.

Good point.  I don't remember criticism of Obama either. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 07:02:06 pm »
All the Bushes are one-world elitists. I don't like them, either.

Me either.  You are right the goal is one world.  Makes me wonder about the wars.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »
http://nypost.com/2017/11/04/white-house-slams-bushes-for-iraq-war-after-blowhard-dig/
White House slams Bushes for Iraq War after ‘blowhard’ dig
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 07:30:18 pm »
   That had been rumoured before, the hellary Vote thing, maybe it was Barbara or Laura, but now what littler respect I had left for GHWB has dissipated. 
   Another sad reminder that as I slip further and further into my twilight years, I'm apt to say or do really stupid $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »
   That had been rumoured before, the hellary Vote thing, maybe it was Barbara or Laura, but now what littler respect I had left for GHWB has dissipated. 
   Another sad reminder that as I slip further and further into my twilight years, I'm apt to say or do really stupid $hit.

Actually, if that is a recent picture in your avatar, I think you look very good. Don't be so humble.

@corbe

Offline corbe

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 07:40:43 pm »
   That's the woman I chase in my Dreams @TomSea, never catch her but it's probably best, she'd just take my furniture and cars,  again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 07:51:55 pm »
Every single ex-President voted against Donny. That makes Trump an even better President than I thought.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
It's pretty well documented, the Bushes do not like Cruz either.  Or at least, Dubya:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-reportedly-ted-cruz-dont-guy/story?id=34604244

Stories are going around, that both Bush 41 and 43 have just come out with books negative on Trump.

It's their dynasty, the GOP shouldn't be for the Bushes, the Democratic party should not be for the Clintons and Obamas. Heaven help us!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:19:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 08:19:31 pm »
It's pretty well documented, the Bushes do not like Cruz either.

Jeb was such a failure.  I think that was established very early on that people did not want another Bush.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 08:28:59 pm »
Jeb was such a failure.  I think that was established very early on that people did not want another Bush.

Jeb could never have gotten the nomination and it wasn't just the legacy thing.

But I think the Bushes have been remarkably silent about Trump.  He was utterly vicious to the whole family when he was running and he no hesitation to lie about them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 08:39:57 pm »
I still love both Bush presidents.  But Daddy Bush seems to be harder to quiet down than Trump.  Someone pried that statement out of him for publicity.

He doesn't say anything that nasty or untrue about Trump.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.  That fact remains that Bush Sr. was instrumental in the Uranium one deal, that turned into a full blown scandal with the Clintons. The fact remains that it was Bush Sr., who drafted NAFTA and was then signed into law by Clinton.    The fact still remains that had he declined to allow our troops to go all the way into Bagdhad as Powell advised him to during the first Gulf War ... perhaps if he had the attack on 9-11 may have never happened. 

With all that being said where was his "opinion" on Secy Clinton in Benghazi and the loss of 4 dead Americans?  Where was his "opinion" on Bammy?  He remained silent until now.  He's opening his mouth because Trump ended the control of the Bush dynasty by easily defeating Jeb! and he could very well bring down the Clinton dynasty as well.  The control of the Bush/Clinton dynasty has been unraveled...though their corruption is still embedded in our government.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:41:20 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »

I believe it would be fair to postulate the entire Bush family does not like Reagan, Goldwater, the Tea Party, Pat Buchanan or Trump.

OTOH they like most democrats. They are probably the single biggest creators of the modern Swamp, from the GOP side.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:04 pm »

You can post all the pictures you want, Frank, but don't forget there was a time when Presidents were collegial.  Reagan had a friendly relationship with Tip and it ended up benefiting him.

Everybody doesn't have to be mean as a snake to be president.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »
I believe it would be fair to postulate the entire Bush family does not like Reagan, Goldwater, the Tea Party, Pat Buchanan or Trump.

OTOH they like most democrats. They are probably the single biggest creators of the modern Swamp, from the GOP side.

That is a singularly idiotic thing to say.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »
You are of course entitled to your opinion.  That fact remains that Bush Sr. was instrumental in the Uranium one deal, that turned into a full blown scandal with the Clintons. The fact remains that it was Bush Sr., who drafted NAFTA and was then signed into law by Clinton.    The fact still remains that had he declined to allow our troops to go all the way into Bagdhad as Powell advised him to during the first Gulf War ... perhaps if he had the attack on 9-11 may have never happened. 

With all that being said where was his "opinion" on Secy Clinton in Benghazi and the loss of 4 dead Americans?  Where was his "opinion" on Bammy?  He remained silent until now.  He's opening his mouth because Trump ended the control of the Bush dynasty by easily defeating Jeb! and he could very well bring down the Clinton dynasty as well.  The control of the Bush/Clinton dynasty has been unraveled...though their corruption is still embedded in our government.

Bush pumped the American people on war following 9/11.  We were on board to take out the terrorists and Saddam.

Had the American people more fully understood Islam and its wars who knows if he would have had such wide support.  But Clintons and the U.N. had also failed miserably giving fuel to the fire.

Failed sanctions, no fly zones and U.N oil for food corruption.

https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/170-sanctions/41952.html

I think we were suckered.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »
Thank you 'Deaf, Dumb, and Blind so long as it was Obama', Bush Junior, too, for 2 wars on 2 fronts you never had any intention of winning.

Might have upset the Saudi Royals if they thought you were serious.

http://reason.com/archives/2009/01/26/bush-was-a-big-government-disa

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:01:48 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »
That fact remains that Bush Sr. was instrumental in the Uranium one deal, that turned into a full blown scandal with the Clintons.

Not finding a story about that.  Link?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »
You can post all the pictures you want, Frank, but don't forget there was a time when Presidents were collegial.  Reagan had a friendly relationship with Tip and it ended up benefiting him.

Everybody doesn't have to be mean as a snake to be president.

If I have a choice between having a swell guy and a nice speaker who sets policy in place to destroy the country and a foul mouthed, combative jerk President who does his damnedest to remove regulations and expand freedom, I'll take the jerk any day of the week.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for Donny than either of the two POS Bush clowns. I actually have more respect for Carter over the Bush's because he was just a dumb eff who didn't have a clue. The Bush's knew exactly what they were doing. Tehy even brag that in this retarded interview.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 09:20:29 pm »
That is a singularly idiotic thing to say.

I don't know if you were alive for the '80 GOP Primary, but Bush despised Reagan. Remember the Left's rallying cry all through the 80's about "Voodoo Economics"? That was a Bush line in one of the Primarie debates. Bush was a nasty little shit who thought he was owed that election.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »
GHWB.... 

I voted for you 4 times '80,'84,'88,92.

Can't you keep your trap shut at the end of your senile life?

Every article, I see, I seem to like him less.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2017, 09:30:50 pm »
If I have a choice between having a swell guy and a nice speaker who sets policy in place to destroy the country and a foul mouthed, combative jerk President who does his damnedest to remove regulations and expand freedom, I'll take the jerk any day of the week.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for Donny than either of the two POS Bush clowns. I actually have more respect for Carter over the Bush's because he was just a dumb eff who didn't have a clue. The Bush's knew exactly what they were doing. Tehy even brag that in this retarded interview.

I think Trump had the exact right tone and attitude going up against the swamp. Were he just another mealy mouthed republican politician he would have been eaten alive by the swamp creatures.

I hope he never changes.