Author Topic: California’s water problem? Demand keeps rising and supply stays the same  (Read 1010 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

BY DAVID CEHRS

Last week I attended a town hall meeting in Fresno where the topic was new dams and, more importantly, water in general. The five-member panel included two California assemblymen and one state senator, all from the San Joaquin Valley. The politicians were all on their game with answers and non-answers depending upon the questions.

What struck me, most of all, was the disconnect between politics, political reality and science. One politician stated that California’s water supply has increased 1 percent since 1950, yet the population has tripled. He then mentioned how California needs more water; his fellow politicians reiterated this comment and expanded upon it referencing the need for more water for growth.

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/california-forum/article182131061.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome