Author Topic: Mueller got Manafort’s attorney to speak against him once. He may try the tactic again.  (Read 779 times)

Offline endicom

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-willing-to-use-suspects-lawyers-against-them/2017/10/31/6b09e98a-be6f-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.htmlWashington Post
Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky
Oct. 31, 2017

A little-noticed court filing unsealed this week as part of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s ongoing probe could have big consequences for his other targets — showing he’s willing to use suspects’ lawyers to provide evidence against them.

After unsealing a 12-count indictment against Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, the U.S. District Court also unsealed an opinion from chief judge Beryl A. Howell saying one of Manafort’s former lawyers could be compelled to testify to the grand jury.

More... https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-willing-to-use-suspects-lawyers-against-them/2017/10/31/6b09e98a-be6f-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder if this was before or after Manafort changed attorneys.   :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Article says "one of Manfort's former lawyers," so that implies to me it's from before he changed attorneys.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

I'm reading this as Mueller digging up a former lawyer, or lawyers, used for administrative work. The current lawyers should include criminal lawyers.