Author Topic: California Gas Tax Increase Kicks Off Wednesday  (Read 1470 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

California Gas Tax Increase Kicks Off Wednesday
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:12 am »
KABC

SACRAMENTO (CBSLA) — California’s gas tax is going up 12 cents on Wednesday.

The gas tax increase will help raise $52 billion over the next 10 years for road repairs and infrastructure improvements.

Starting Wednesday, Californians will pay 12 cents more a gallon for gas and 20 cents more a gallon for diesel. Also down the road — higher license fees, a new value-based vehicle fee and a $100 a year fee for electric car drivers.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/california-gas-tax-increase/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: California Gas Tax Increase Kicks Off Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37:59 am »
12 cents more per gallon is particularly nutty.

And it certainly will not bring in the expected amount of tax money they are saying as people decide not to drive as much.

This is EU type stuff happening there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:22:27 am »
KABC

SACRAMENTO (CBSLA) — California’s gas tax is going up 12 cents on Wednesday.

The gas tax increase will help raise $52 billion over the next 10 years for road repairs and infrastructure improvements.

Starting Wednesday, Californians will pay 12 cents more a gallon for gas and 20 cents more a gallon for diesel. Also down the road — higher license fees, a new value-based vehicle fee and a $100 a year fee for electric car drivers.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/california-gas-tax-increase/
It's Bolshevik, the money will never go to roads and infrastructure, Moonbeam and the democraps will divert the vast majority to the general fund just like they have with every democrat governor, oh hell every governor since Pete Wilson, Arnie was never really a Republican at best just a RINO.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:00:49 am »
12 cents more per gallon is particularly nutty.

And it certainly will not bring in the expected amount of tax money they are saying as people decide not to drive as much.

This is EU type stuff happening there.

California changes to the winter blend. The winter blend is cheaper so the tax and the new blend will balance out this winter. The rise in the gas tax will be noticeable in the summertime.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:05:03 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome