Author Topic: Ted Cruz Hits Chuck Grassley Where It Hurts Over King Corn Hard-Balling  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
RedState Insider recently reported on Sen. Chuck Grassley’s moves to obstruct President Trump’s EPA and judicial nominees in an effort to force the Trump administration’s hand on biofuels-related policy.

Trump eventually caved to Grassley’s demands, with EPA and judicial nominees on the line, and– rumor has it– threats of Grassley-condoned Judiciary Committee investigation into Russian election meddling and alleged connections between the Trump Team and our “friends” in Moscow.

Now, Ted Cruz is fighting back. Cruz, probably the most anti-ethanol mandate figure in the history of U.S. politics, and ironically also the winner of Iowa’s 2016 Republican caucuses, strongly disagrees with Grassley on biofuels issues. Cruz is hitting Grassley where it hurts over his hard-balling of Trump.

Bonus: Sen. Mike Lee, another limited government, constitutional conservative stalwart, has been giving an assist.

Read more at https://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2017/10/27/ted-cruz-hits-chuck-grassley-hurts-king-corn-hard-balling/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Ted Cruz Hits Chuck Grassley Where It Hurts Over King Corn Hard-Balling
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »
Nice quote from the article:  "It’s just another reminder that Cruz has massive cojones, and would have been one tough President."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »
Remember the Iowa primaries?

Lots of corruption between the pols and the Corn lobby.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 05:50:57 pm »
Ted Cruz is the ONLY politician this 69 year old man has ever seen to do EXACTLY in office what he promised to do while campaigning!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 05:56:30 pm »
Ted Cruz is the ONLY politician this 69 year old man has ever seen to do EXACTLY in office what he promised to do while campaigning!

I know and I think he'll run in 2020 or 2024.  Kinda hoping 2020 but it will depend on the next 3 years of Trump and what he decides to do.

I never though Trump would want a second term.  He's not that used to actually working.  He hasn't been that bad but Cruz would be so much better.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 06:11:41 pm »
I'm with Cruz. Ethanol has done little here to prop up corn prices, and IMO distorts the market with the mandate.

There are other and better ways to deal with ag products than the existing ethanol model.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »
I'm with Cruz. Ethanol has done little here to prop up corn prices, and IMO distorts the market with the mandate.

There are other and better ways to deal with ag products than the existing ethanol model.

Damned right there!  Making Ethanol from corn is flat out STUPID!  Costs more than it's worth!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »

Plus, it's really bad for certain cars.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »
   Upcoming previews from the Trumpers

Ethanol scares Cruz and his Big Oil Texas Cronies.

When, not if, Trump decides he's had enough of Ted in the Senate (after 2018), Grassley will help grease the skids for a USSC appointment to solve both of their problems.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »
Nice quote from the article:  "It’s just another reminder that Cruz has massive cojones, and would have been one tough President."

:thumbsup2:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »
Damned right there!  Making Ethanol from corn is flat out STUPID!  Costs more than it's worth!

Ethanol has it completely backwards. They grind the corn, ferment it, then sell the left over stillage and DDG's.

What really needs to be done with corn products is to break the protein, fat, and carbs down into separate components up front and sell them each into their respective markets.

Not only do your make profit on three different products, but if you can break the carbs into simple sugars you can ferment them into all sorts of biochemicals with much higher value than ethanol.

The tech is in it's infancy but out there, it's just getting minds to change to be willing to take a risk on it. If someone would put the effort and money into it and it be successful, it would radically change the ag industry.

The ag community can be the some of the sharpest businessmen around, yet monumentally stupid at the same time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 06:46:56 pm »
Ethanol has it completely backwards. They grind the corn, ferment it, then sell the left over stillage and DDG's.

What really needs to be done with corn products is to break the protein, fat, and carbs down into separate components up front and sell them each into their respective markets.

Not only do your make profit on three different products, but if you can break the carbs into simple sugars you can ferment them into all sorts of biochemicals with much higher value than ethanol.

The tech is in it's infancy but out there, it's just getting minds to change to be willing to take a risk on it. If someone would put the effort and money into it and it be successful, it would radically change the ag industry.

The ag community can be the some of the sharpest businessmen around, yet monumentally stupid at the same time.

Addicted to their easy money!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 07:10:49 pm »
   Upcoming previews from the Trumpers

Ethanol scares Cruz and his Big Oil Texas Cronies.

When, not if, Trump decides he's had enough of Ted in the Senate (after 2018), Grassley will help grease the skids for a USSC appointment to solve both of their problems.

Don't even mention that disappointing rat Grassley.

I truly hope Ted doesn't go on the Court.  He would be a fantastic addition but he can do more good elsewhere.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 07:48:28 pm »
Don't even mention that disappointing rat Grassley.

I truly hope Ted doesn't go on the Court.  He would be a fantastic addition but he can do more good elsewhere.
Can you just imagine the man with the coherency in law of a Scalia talking against the background of the babbling Sotomayor?

The comparison between the 'wise Latina' and an intelligent one would be stark.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »
Can you just imagine the man with the coherency in law of a Scalia talking against the background of the babbling Sotomayor?

The comparison between the 'wise Latina' and an intelligent one would be stark.

It would be and the Court would be the better for it, but I still don't want him on the court.

I want him in the White House.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 11:26:00 pm »

:amen:  I will say, this 57year old man, is happy with Trump.... for now. So, evidently is Ted.

Not sure how much you K'no about the solar system.... To use an analogy... maybe Trump is Jupiter.....making the way for Earth..... Ted.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 11:31:45 pm »

:amen:  I will say, this 57year old man, is happy with Trump.... for now. So, evidently is Ted.

Not sure how much you K'no about the solar system.... To use an analogy... maybe Trump is Jupiter.....making the way for Earth..... Ted.

Very good analogy @Fantom I picture him more like Mercury he's to close to the Sun (his inflated ego) to be of much value. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 11:47:16 pm »

Very good analogy @Fantom I picture him more like Mercury he's to close to the Sun (his inflated ego) to be of much value.

Trump seems to be clearing out a lot liberal/dem/rino trash.

As far as I can see..astounding. That is an orbit..... his political mass is far beyond mercury.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 12:20:49 am »

Not to mention the damage it does to combustion engines and the loss of fuel mileage.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 12:31:41 am »

Well, I'm not so sure that Ted is happy with Trump; but Ted is doing his job and that's exactly what Trump expects.  Ted hasn't strayed from his convictions and it is serving him well right now.  I still don't think Trump actually likes him, but Trump knows that he is one of the few people he can actually trust.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 12:33:19 am »
Trump seems to be clearing out a lot liberal/dem/rino trash.

As far as I can see..astounding. That is an orbit..... his political mass is far beyond mercury.

You are right @Fantom with his first year winding down and with me never have being accused of having 'high expectations' of what his Administration would/could accomplish with this Congress, there are quite a few bright spots and though some significant stumbles, I can write that off to Trump being Trump and him getting started in his new Job.            Maybe after his second year I will start giving him the benefit of the doubt, anything is possible.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 12:33:33 am »

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 12:38:04 am »
Well, I'm not so sure that Ted is happy with Trump; but Ted is doing his job and that's exactly what Trump expects.  Ted hasn't strayed from his convictions and it is serving him well right now.  I still don't think Trump actually likes him, but Trump knows that he is one of the few people he can actually trust.

Fair enough appraisal.

Personally, I think both are well above 140 IQ, both understand that Trump is President..... and both understand that both have far more in common than else.

This is a good thing.... for them both, and for America.

P.S. And Ted is adult enough to realize this. Trump too is, most likely. At least behind the WWE show he puts on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:39:35 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 12:41:52 am »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 12:47:46 am »
   You are right @Fantom with his first year winding down and with me never have being accused of having 'high expectations' of what his Administration would/could accomplish with this Congress, there are quite a few bright spots and though some significant stumbles, I can write that off to Trump being Trump and him getting started in his new Job.            Maybe after his second year I will start giving him the benefit of the doubt, anything is possible.

I am an absolute Ted man..... I was convinced we had a stealth Kennedy in Trump..maybe still am worried a bit.

However, no matter how base Trump is... and maybe the times called for such(heck, I am as base as they come).... Winston Churchill comes to mind. No matter, I find I must rise in applause and support.

Frederick Douglass