Author Topic: California gas taxes to rise 12 cents a gallon next week  (Read 1519 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

California gas taxes to rise 12 cents a gallon next week
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:32:17 am »
By Kathleen Pender

Gasoline and diesel fuel prices in California will rise next week because of a big jump in taxes to pay for transportation projects.

Effective Wednesday, the statewide excise tax on gasoline will jump by 12 cents per gallon to 41.7 cents. For diesel fuel, the excise tax will jump by 20 cents per gallon to 36 cents, and the sales tax will rise to 13 percent from 9 percent (plus local taxes). With diesel around $3 a gallon, the sales tax increase works out to about 12 cents per gallon.

Gasoline prices at the pump will rise within days of the tax increase, but probably not by the full 12 cents.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/networth/article/California-gas-taxes-to-rise-12-cents-a-gallon-12309892.php
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: California gas taxes to rise 12 cents a gallon next week
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:21:37 am »
This is a way for Sacramento to waste money. They do not use it to build new freeways or bridges.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:44:38 am »
Maybe that will wake people up to sign the repeal petitions, I'm flabbergasted by the number of of people that ignore the guys collecting signatures outside stores.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 04:50:38 am »
Maybe that will wake people up to sign the repeal petitions, I'm flabbergasted by the number of of people that ignore the guys collecting signatures outside stores.

As soon as it starts hurting drivers in the wallet, the signature collectors will come out
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:51:11 am by DemolitionMan »