Author Topic: Republicans against the death penalty? More and more, study says  (Read 1613 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

BY KATE IRBY

WASHINGTON
For decades, abortion rights advocates have disparaged conservatives who support the death penalty but call themselves "pro-life," saying they are simply “pro-birth.” But since 2012, not only has Republican support for capital punishment been waning, but conservatives have increasingly called for its repeal, according to a new study by a right-leaning group.

Thirty-one states, mainly located in the South, Midwest and West, currently allow people found guilty of certain crimes to be put to death.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article180909271.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Republicans against the death penalty? More and more, study says
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:55:59 am »
They have tried here because the unlimited appeals the death row inmate receives.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 05:18:13 am »
I have never been a Catholic, and I don't necessarily share all of their views.

But I credit them for being consistent in their reverence for human life.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:27:27 am »
Can someone explain to me how an article that doesn't even have the word "California" in it is posted in the California state section?

I would like to posit that the person running this section is doing a lackluster job of keeping it under control..

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:42:52 am »
Can someone explain to me how an article that doesn't even have the word "California" in it is posted in the California state section?

I would like to posit that the person running this section is doing a lackluster job of keeping it under control..

If you do not like how the board is like go to Nancy or one of the Mods.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:49:13 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 08:48:41 am »
I have never been a Catholic, and I don't necessarily share all of their views.

But I credit them for being consistent in their reverence for human life.

I have no respect for people who are mass muderers and rapists.