Author Topic: Top House Lawyer Slams Fusion GPS For Trying To Hide Its Bank Records  (Read 568 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Top House Lawyer Slams Fusion GPS For Trying To Hide Its Bank Records
Daily Caller, Oct 23, 2017, Richard Pollack

The House of Representative’s top lawyer filed a 50-page motion late Monday slamming Fusion GPS for trying to hide its bank records that could show who paid for its “Trump Dossier” — a document containing unsubstantiated and derogatory information about President Donald Trump.

<snip>

In its original filing for the temporary restraining order, lawyers for Fusion GPS claimed releasing the bank documents would violate their First Amendment rights, “because it demands records that would disclose the identities of individuals or entities who opposed Donald J. Trump in the 2016 campaign.” The company compared itself to the National Association for the Advancement Colored People.

But Hungar said the First Amendment “does not provide blanket immunity from production of documents in response to an otherwise valid government subpoena; to conclude otherwise would render the government’s subpoena power meaningless.”

More: http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/23/house-top-lawyer-slams-fusion-gps-for-trying-to-hide-its-bank-records/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Top House Lawyer Slams Fusion GPS For Trying To Hide Its Bank Records
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:53:26 pm »
Rip them a new one!  And don't stop until they comply!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien