Author Topic: Adios, California  (Read 5758 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Adios, California
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 05:57:35 am »
@mystery-ak

I have no problem with threads being moderated. I never have, but having the "person in charge" modify my posts to include a terribly constructed sentence is too damn much. I have been called a lot of things on this board, but I will not be called an illiterate moron.

I take pride in my knowledge of English and sentence structure.

Frank, are you the same person that you did not give a shit about Mystery? I hope that she reads it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:35:36 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Online DB

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 05:58:10 am »
@mystery-ak

I have no problem with threads being moderated. I never have, but having the "person in charge" modify my posts to include a terribly constructed sentence is too damn much. I have been called a lot of things on this board, but I will not be called an illiterate moron.

I take pride in my knowledge of English and sentence structure.

LOL... Are you sure you haven't been called that before? I think I have, but the shoe fits better... If so, its original and that should score some points...

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 06:08:00 am »
Come on Frank, DemolitionMan is an asset spending a lot of time posting many different articles making them available to us with little grief. A sardonic sense of humor is not a prerequisite to post or moderate... There are plenty of others to smack around that will smack back and some will even enjoy it...

Thank You for the Kind words.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 06:29:45 am »
I like @DemolitionMan. He's been with us a month and he's proven to be a great contributor, and erudite.

I feel bad he lives in California. Not my favorite state. Too hot and earthquakes when I was there .

Plus, I need all four seasons

Myst picks good people to monitor these threads.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 06:31:39 am »
I like @DemolitionMan. He's been with us a month and he's proven to be a great contributor, and erudite.

I feel bad he lives in California. Not my favorite state. Too hot and earthquakes when I was there .

Plus, I need all four seasons

Myst picks good people to monitor these threads.

Thank You very much. I hate California because of the libs. Somebody  stole three of my Trump signs last year.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:32:03 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 08:25:01 am »
I wonder where I would need to go to see these dreadful views, of California.

Stores in my town all have help wanted signs, and online ads for help. The highways are packed, new construction everywhere.

There are no foreclosures. My House Rep is among the most conservative( but that probably won't last much longer).

We are having a rare heat wave. A couple of uncomfortable days in a row. The rest of you have months of that weather year in and year out.

And the Dodgers won the 1st game of the World Series.

@truth_seeker

San Francisco has become an Open Sewer.

https://townhall.com/columnists/debrajsaunders/2015/08/09/stench-and-the-city-sfs-summer-of-urine-n2036342
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:26:03 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com