Author Topic: Adios, California  (Read 5747 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Adios, California
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:26 am »
By Steve Baldwin

A fifth-generation Californian laments his state’s ongoing economic collapse.It’s not easy watching California self-destruct. After all, my four sons are 6th generation Californians. One relative of ours journeyed here prior to the Gold Rush when the state population was just a handful of people. Family lore has it he was a gunslinger who, victorious in a gun duel, headed to California to avoid the law. He ended up ranching on what is now known as Mammoth Mountain. Other family members took part in the gold rush and one ended up discovering gold in 1895 in the Mojave Desert. My grandparents arrived in Kern County in the 1930s and worked as teachers educating the children of oil workers shortly after the discovery of oil in that region.

https://spectator.org/adios-california/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Adios, California
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:00:39 am »
Key Point:

"Today, large sections of California look like a Third World country with ramshackle buildings, junky cars and trash strewn everywhere. We even have outbreaks of Hepatitis A, just like the Third World has. A state cannot chase away the producers and attract the takers year after year without economic consequences. That doesn’t end well so there’s little doubt California is headed toward economic disaster. Perhaps it is time for conservatives to support California’s succession movement before the state completely collapses and comes begging the federal government for a bailout."
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 04:01:59 am »
By Steve Baldwin

A fifth-generation Californian laments his state’s ongoing economic collapse.It’s not easy watching California self-destruct. After all, my four sons are 6th generation Californians. One relative of ours journeyed here prior to the Gold Rush when the state population was just a handful of people. Family lore has it he was a gunslinger who, victorious in a gun duel, headed to California to avoid the law. He ended up ranching on what is now known as Mammoth Mountain. Other family members took part in the gold rush and one ended up discovering gold in 1895 in the Mojave Desert. My grandparents arrived in Kern County in the 1930s and worked as teachers educating the children of oil workers shortly after the discovery of oil in that region.

https://spectator.org/adios-california/

So is Cali going to nuke us or are we going to war with Cali or did war just break out in Rancho Cucamonga?

This is a @Demolition Man post. It has to have a war component or my mind will not compute.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 05:00:14 am »
I wonder where I would need to go to see these dreadful views, of California.

Stores in my town all have help wanted signs, and online ads for help. The highways are packed, new construction everywhere.

There are no foreclosures. My House Rep is among the most conservative( but that probably won't last much longer).

We are having a rare heat wave. A couple of uncomfortable days in a row. The rest of you have months of that weather year in and year out.

And the Dodgers won the 1st game of the World Series.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 05:03:56 am »
So is Cali going to nuke us or are we going to war with Cali or did war just break out in Rancho Cucamonga?

This is a @Demolition Man post. It has to have a war component or my mind will not compute.

Apparently Mystery thought it was all right for me to take over the board.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:08:35 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:11:27 am »
Apparently Mystery thought it was all right for me to take over the board bored.

There. Fixed your misspelling.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 05:14:43 am »
There. Fixed your misspelling.

If you do not like it take it to Mystery or do not post.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:15:15 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 05:21:46 am »
My business (I'm one of the primary owners) that designs and manufactures satellite communications equipment in the bay area is in the process of moving from California to Arizona. We've been there about 22 years. It should be moved by the end of the year. 4+ million dollars a year of revenue leaving the state permanently. I'm tired of the expense and crap. Piling on more fees, taxes and insane regulation practically daily. I'll miss my relatives, long time friends and beautiful home I designed in the hills among the trees far away from the big cities along with the mild weather. I just hope I'm out before the "big one" hits...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 05:24:23 am »
If you do not like it take it to Mystery or do not post.

I have to tell you this because you are a humorless dud. My posts are funny. They make 99% of the people here laugh. Whatever your deal is I have no idea. I have never run across a more uninteresting poster in any forum I have ever been in than you.

If I had to guess you are not an American or even from North America because I can tell you do not understand anything I post. That is why you have ZERO perspective or engaging commentary on even topics you post. Why don't you enlighten the crown here and tell us all why this is a relevant article? All of us know @truth_seeker is from Cali. He destroyed your whole post with a few of his local SoCal (that is Southern California to Americans) observations. What say you?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 05:27:44 am »
I have to tell you this because you are a humorless dud. My posts are funny. They make 99% of the people here laugh. Whatever your deal is I have no idea. I have never run across a more uninteresting poster in any forum I have ever been in than you.

If I had to guess you are not an American or even from North America because I can tell you do not understand anything I post. That is why you have ZERO perspective or engaging commentary on even topics you post. Why don't you enlighten the crown here and tell us all why this is a relevant article? All of us know @truth_seeker is from Cali. He destroyed your whole post with a few of his local SoCal (that is Southern California to Americans) observations. What say you?

. I only post people who want to respond. I really want people like you. If you read it maybe you would learn something about it about what is happeing. I have received good things from posters,mods and this owner of the web site,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:30:34 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 05:33:03 am »
. I only post people who want to respond. I really want people like you. If you read it maybe you would learn something about it about what is happeing. I have received good things from posters,mods and this owner of the web site,

Once again you have no idea what I just said. What do you think about the article you posted? Do you agree that Cali is a fraud or is it actually a prosperous state?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 05:35:19 am »
Once again you have no idea what I just said. What do you think about the article you posted? Do you agree that Cali is a fraud or is it actually a prosperous state?

Its a fraud. From Sacramento to most major cities in the state. Again Mystery has put me charge of posting articles and I will fufill her wishes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:36:51 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 05:36:51 am »
I wonder where I would need to go to see these dreadful views, of California.

Stores in my town all have help wanted signs, and online ads for help. The highways are packed, new construction everywhere.

There are no foreclosures. My House Rep is among the most conservative( but that probably won't last much longer).

We are having a rare heat wave. A couple of uncomfortable days in a row. The rest of you have months of that weather year in and year out.

And the Dodgers won the 1st game of the World Series.

Sacramento
San Francisco
Salinas
Stockton
Fresno
Bakersfield
Greenfield
Soladad

This list is much longer...

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 05:38:33 am »
Sacramento
San Francisco
Salinas
Stockton
Fresno
Bakersfield
Greenfield
Soladad

This list is much longer...

This includes the public utilities and departments. Especially the unions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:40:09 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 05:40:12 am »
My business (I'm one of the primary owners) that designs and manufactures satellite communications equipment in the bay area is in the process of moving from California to Arizona. We've been there about 22 years. It should be moved by the end of the year. 4+ million dollars a year of revenue leaving the state permanently. I'm tired of the expense and crap. Piling on more fees, taxes and insane regulation practically daily. I'll miss my relatives, long time friends and beautiful home I designed in the hills among the trees far away from the big cities along with the mild weather. I just hope I'm out before the "big one" hits...
Can't say I blame you. Personally I could NOT justify moving to the Phoenix area. I could justify moving to the Prescott or Flagstaff areas. Possibly Tucson.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 05:40:32 am »
Its a fraud. From Sacramento to most major cities in the state. Again Mystery has put me charge of posting articles and I will fufill her wishes.

I don't give a hoot about Myst. If she thought I was annoying her she would give a shout out. She's been known to do that. I give a shit about what you are about. So far I get nothing but sterile robotic responses to basic queries.

I would interesting what her reaction is when Mystery sees this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:43:03 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 05:44:32 am »
I don't give a hoot about Myst. If she thought I was annoying her she would give a shout out. She's been known to do that. I give a shit about what you are about. So far I get nothing but sterile robotic responses to basic queries.

It would interesting what her reaction is when Mystery sees this.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 05:45:54 am »
Again Mystery has put me charge of posting articles and I will fufill her wishes.

She has "put you in charge" of posting articles????????

What's the pay like?

Are there union dues?

Health insurance, 401K/Profit sharing and stuff?

Is a drug test required before hiring? 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 05:46:05 am »
Can't say I blame you. Personally I could NOT justify moving to the Phoenix area. I could justify moving to the Prescott or Flagstaff areas. Possibly Tucson.

I really, really don't want to go there (Gilbert/Mesa area). But that's where the engineering and marketing office already is with manufacturing joining them and where there's extensive support for electronics manufacturing. Hopefully it will only be about 5 years and then I can move to the mountains far, far away from everything.

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 05:48:48 am »

What's the pay like?

Are there union dues?

In charge of moderating some of the forum areas.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 05:49:12 am »

What's the pay like?

Are there union dues?

No I asked her. She wanted me to do it because some work on other boards.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:50:36 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline MOD3

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 05:49:38 am »
I can tell you the pay is shit, especially for having to deal with this kind of nonsense. 

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 05:51:00 am »
I can tell you the pay is shit, especially for having to deal with this kind of nonsense.

I agree

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 05:52:43 am »

@mystery-ak

I have no problem with threads being moderated. I never have, but having the "person in charge" modify my posts to include a terribly constructed sentence is too damn much. I have been called a lot of things on this board, but I will not be called an illiterate moron.

I take pride in my knowledge of English and sentence structure.

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 05:53:54 am »

Come on Frank, DemolitionMan is an asset spending a lot of time posting many different articles making them available to us with little grief. A sardonic sense of humor is not a prerequisite to post or moderate... There are plenty of others to smack around that will smack back and some will even enjoy it...