Author Topic: Trump, Corker engage in war of words ahead of Senate lunch  (Read 433 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Trump, Corker engage in war of words ahead of Senate lunch
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »

Corker, R-Tenn., said on NBC’s “Today” that the Republican-led Congress should set the course on taxes after Trump shot down at least one GOP idea on retirement plans on Monday.

Asked if Trump should leave well enough alone, Corker said, “I think that’s the best way for us to have success.”

That prompted an angry Twitter response from the president, who said, “Bob Corker, who helped President O give us the bad Iran Deal & couldn’t get elected dog catcher in Tennessee, is now fighting Tax Cuts. ...”

Corker took to his own Twitter account to respond: “Same untruths from an utterly untruthful president. #AlertTheDaycareStaff.” Trump then called Corker “lightweight.”

https://apnews.com/be07cdb37fad4140b41ead8a67c2bb20/Trump,-Corker-engage-in-war-of-words-ahead-of-Senate-lunch

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump, Corker engage in war of words ahead of Senate lunch
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 04:50:46 pm »
“Bob Corker, who helped President O give us the bad Iran Deal & couldn’t get elected dog catcher in Tennessee, is now fighting Tax Cuts. ...”

Looks like Donny has you dead to rights Lyin' Bob. You are on the record for all of that.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump, Corker engage in war of words ahead of Senate lunch
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:01:02 pm »
I appreciate Trump stepping in and telling them to keep their filthy hands off the 401k.  I hope he doesn't waiver. The collective GOP: