Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8230 times)

Offline bilo

Thanks back atcha. I like that President Trump ain’t taken it lying down. He is in the process of reinventing how to bypass the gatekeepers with the truth. What a novel approach. This one fights back. GW’s personality could not have pulled this off.

Winning ain’t so bad now, ain’t it?

No it is not.

I am so frustrated with the country club Pubs. If they would just follow through on what they said they would do it would be great. My disgust is for the Pub party not Pres. Trump. He can be rough around the edges but he fights!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Isn't it wonderful how she waited a whole week AFTER she let the congresswoman set the narrative before coming public with her alleged story?

And by Cowgirl Hat jumping into this before it was even headlines, it makes it all the more look like a setup. Not only that, but she's escalated now to 'most people in the Trump admin are white nationalists' while gloating about being a political rock star because of it.

She's completely sleazed and cheesed everything up to the point of the whole thing being an orchestrated, pre-ordained political hit job.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:53:43 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Except they’re his words posted on Twitter.  No twisting necessary.  It’s an effective platform to counter narratives and outright lies, if used properly.  Saying unnecessarily dumb things to fuel the fire isn’t the least bit helpful.

You really seem determined to miss the point. I knew it was hyperbole from the get go.

I don't expect Pres. Trump to be perfect in his communicating. He is not a career politician and politicians I truly admire, such as Sen Cruz, get it wrong from time to time. I didn't vote for Pres. Trump because I doubted he would do what he said he would do and I didn't like how he lied about his opponents during the primaries. However, here we are almost a year from the date of his election and who would you say has tried to keep their campaign promises, Pres. Trump or the Pub party? I think the answer is obvious. It's Pres. Trump who has done what he said he would do.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I didn't know that...but I still believe she is being used by Rep Wilson...

Yes, but I’m not entirely convinced the widow is completely naive.  Terrible for Wilson to exploit the relationship for political purposes, though.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

Not even close.  Trump hasn't endured what W did from the left...yet.

Wouldn’t matter if there was more or less incoming fire at President Bush. W wasn’t correcting the record anyway. I know it frustrated many of us that he showed no interest in doing anything about the media lies.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:09:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline edpc

You really seem determined to miss the point. I knew it was hyperbole from the get go.

I don't expect Pres. Trump to be perfect in his communicating.

I’m not missing the point at all. When responding to serious issues, hyperbole is the last thing you need to put out there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wouldn’t matter if there was more or less incoming fire at President Bush. W wasn’t correcting the record. I know it frustrated many of us that he showed no interest in doing anything about the media lies.

Except the one time someone did try to challenge President Bush as a Gold Star mother...there was a media record of her saying the exact opposite of what she claimed.  The WH and the Pentagon did a great job in that instance of discrediting Cindy Sheehan bashing her with her own words to the contrary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

I don't blame her, she is grief stricken. She may not even remember doing this in weeks to come. Yes she is being used, too bad people close to her didn't stear her away from this Congresswoman.

You are so right!

We have all suffered tragedies in our lives and I know for me looking back I wished I could do somethings differently. I sure this will be Myeshia's view years from now. The POTUS called her to express his condolences and she politicized it.

Offline Concerned

What did the "gentleman" George Bush accomplish? He was attacked unfairly all the time and didn't respond because he thought it was beneath the office. As a result the lies that were told became facts.

Pres. Trump rubs most of us the wrong way from time to time, but we should admire that he fights.

I certainly don't admire how he (and the Congresswoman) fight over and about Gold Star families.  I think this cheapens something that should be private and sacred.    I think the President could have and should have put this to bed last week but he keeps fighting, now with a Gold Star widow.  I don't admire, even a little bit, him fighting with a 24 year old new Gold Star widow.  In fact, it makes me feel dirty and heartbroken as an American.  JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I didn't know that...but I still believe she is being used by Rep Wilson...

Willingly.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Willingly.

You don't know that.  Let's wait for facts before we slam this woman, OK?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

She's not even smart enough to know the rules when speaking on the floor of the House and remove those god awful Urban Cowboy era hats she puts in her pointy head.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You don't know that.  Let's wait for facts before we slam this woman, OK?

I was with her and felt sorry for her for being used by a jackass Congresswoman.

But the moment she appeared on TV just as all of this was calming down .... she became a willing and pro-active participant.

I am sorry for her loss, and her husband was and will remain a member of the 1% Hero's Memorial .... but she jumped the shark.

Willingly.

Offline edpc

She's not even smart enough to know the rules when speaking on the floor of the House and remove those god awful Urban Cowboy era hats she puts in her pointy head.

With all her newfound support for veterans and the military, I expect her to show up in full Duvall mode.....

Offline RoosGirl

I certainly don't admire how he (and the Congresswoman) fight over and about Gold Star families.  I think this cheapens something that should be private and sacred.    I think the President could have and should have put this to bed last week but he keeps fighting, now with a Gold Star widow.  I don't admire, even a little bit, him fighting with a 24 year old new Gold Star widow.  In fact, it makes me feel dirty and heartbroken as an American.  JMO.

This.

I do not believe that whatever Trump actually said was intended to be disrespectful to or painful for this woman.  There was a way for him to clarify himself and present his side of the story without stepping into the mud with dumbass Frederica.  We all know this to be true from interacting with each other here.  There's a way to disagree with each other and make our own point without things turning to shit;  we make the choice with the words we use and the words we don't use.  The leader of the free world does not have the luxury of being anything but impeccable with his choice of words.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
With all her newfound support for veterans and the military, I expect her to show up in full Duvall mode.....

Oh God I hope not...the thought of her dishonoring a fine Cavalry Stetson like that is too much for me to consider right now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I was with her and felt sorry for her for being used by a jackass Congresswoman.

But the moment she appeared on TV just as all of this was calming down .... she became a willing and pro-active participant.

I am sorry for her loss, and her husband was and will remain a member of the 1% Hero's Memorial .... but she jumped the shark.

Willingly.

I am not going to condemn this woman..there by the Grace of God go I..

She is being used.....her grief and anger being taken advantage of.

And I don't give a flying F'k who she voted for!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I knew a lot of guys like this...God love em'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The classy thing would have been to not get into this mud slinging fight...drag another Gold Star parent into as well and simply say something along the lines of "with respect to the family of this fallen soldier and out of respect to all of our Gold Star Families, they deserve more us than to be used as cheap political props...that being said I'm going to refrain from any comment on this matter other than to say my heart breaks for their loss and the prayers of the nation are with them." 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well, I need to go back and see what he actually said.  If he resorted to 'fighting' or discrediting her, then it's not good.  But if he simply corrected the record, I see no problem.

As we say on the playground, "She started it."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Except they’re his words posted on Twitter.  No twisting necessary.  It’s an effective platform to counter narratives and outright lies, if used properly.  Saying unnecessarily dumb things to fuel the fire isn’t the least bit helpful.

Wait, I see nothing dumb about this tweet?

"I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!” Trump wrote on Twitter, referencing one of the Green Berets killed earlier this month in an ambush in Niger.

He doesn't attack the widow, simply makes a true statement.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Trump is in over his head. He tried to play this gotcha game with Obama and his strong suit is not "talking to the peasants". Being a billionaire populist is not easy.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

Trump didn’t start this – congresswoman Wilson did by listening in to what should have been a private call and then spreading a false narrative impugning the president.

For the president to remain silent would not have been classy, it would have been clueless. Trump knew Wilson was running a scam and using this occasion of a solemn conversation to spread lies.

Look, it’s been two years, you all must know by now Trump always punches back when he’s attacked first.

I hope he never stops fighting back.