Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8227 times)

Offline bilo

:amen:  I agree completely, but I'm afraid this President is simply incapable of it (at least incapable for an extended period of time IMO).

What did the "gentleman" George Bush accomplish? He was attacked unfairly all the time and didn't respond because he thought it was beneath the office. As a result the lies that were told became facts.

Pres. Trump rubs most of us the wrong way from time to time, but we should admire that he fights.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Somewhere, there’s a left wing strategy/focus group who was waiting for something like this, because they know Trump’s penchant for tweets and arguments.  He’s fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.   I seriously doubt it will change anyone’s mind.  People who hate him will continue to criticize and people who love him will continue to defend. It’s just ugly and unnecessary, however.

As @debrawiest said, nothing good will come from it, as this is a no-win situation.

Exactly.  This would never have happened without a complicit and willing (and happy) Press.

It's a dam shame but I'm not gonna blame Trump for it.

We all know that there's no power on earth that can stop his early morning twitter thumb so we might as well stop whining about it.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

Somewhere, there’s a left wing strategy/focus group who was waiting for something like this, because they know Trump’s penchant for tweets and arguments.  He’s fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.   I seriously doubt it will change anyone’s mind.  People who hate him will continue to criticize and people who love him will continue to defend. It’s just ugly and unnecessary, however.

As @debrawiest said, nothing good will come from it, as this is a no-win situation.

I disagree.

I did not vote for Pres. Trump, but on this issue as well as many others, I am with him and my respect for him has grown. He first sought the counsel of Gen. Kelly and then called the widow. He should be admired for wanting to reach out to family members of slain soldiers.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What did the "gentleman" George Bush accomplish? He was attacked unfairly all the time and didn't respond because he thought it was beneath the office. As a result the lies that were told became facts.

Pres. Trump rubs most of us the wrong way from time to time, but we should admire that he fights.

Kinda agree, but I'm still glad George Bush was a gentleman ... it's in his DNA to be one.

And the attacks on George Bush pale into insignificance when compared to what Trump is going through.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I disagree.

I did not vote for Pres. Trump, but on this issue as well as many others, I am with him and my respect for him has grown. He first sought the counsel of Gen. Kelly and then called the widow. He should be admired for wanting to reach out to family members of slain soldiers.

There are gold star mothers who will regret cheapening their son's memory with these unfair shots at the President.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I might, except he says things like ‘Comey better hope there are no tapes!’ then later says there are no tapes.  Another example is this instance where he says ‘I have proof!’ and produces none.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

Doesn’t change the fact that President Trump clearly respects our fallen and their widows.

Regarding the case at hand, likely Congresswoman Wilson and a left-wing agenda generated the controversy.

Thank you!

I'm glad to see that not everyone has gotten caught up in the emotionalism of the left on this. People are forgetting that Pres. Trump doesn't just send a letter. He's calling the family of slain soldiers, not very many POTUS do this.

Offline aligncare

The president plans to make a call to the widow. An advance call is made to the woman to prepare her the president will be calling and when the call will be coming in.

Congresswoman Wilson is in the car with her listening on the speakerphone when it does.

Coincidence? Or set up? I lean towards the latter given the actions of Wilson.

Offline GrouchoTex

More smoke.

The real stories are Clinton - Uranium One, the Las Vegas shootings and North Korea

But let's focus all media attention on parsing what Trump might have (or not have) said.

Agreed, no real story here, but ginned-up to take focus of off the 3 you have mentioned.

Offline bilo

Kinda agree, but I'm still glad George Bush was a gentleman ... it's in his DNA to be one.

And the attacks on George Bush pale into insignificance when compared to what Trump is going through.

I supported George Bush and in retrospect regret how I was played for the fool. He said a lot of things on social policy and folded like a cheap suit when it came time to push hard for them.

I don't fault him for the war in Iraq, but I do fault him for not pushing for a separation of church and state in the new govt.s constitution.

Now he comes out and indirectly criticizes Pres. Trump about divisiveness along with the former pres. who caused the divisiveness.

Good riddance to the country club Pubs. I'll take Pres. Trump over them anytime.

Offline bilo

There are gold star mothers who will regret cheapening their son's memory with these unfair shots at the President.

:amen:

Offline bilo

I might, except he says things like ‘Comey better hope there are no tapes!’ then later says there are no tapes.  Another example is this instance where he says ‘I have proof!’ and produces none.

And this is a great example of how the media twists things. When Pres. Trump said that I knew from the get go that it was hyperbole.

Thank God for Twitter.

Offline bilo

The president plans to make a call to the widow. An advance call is made to the woman to prepare her the president will be calling and when the call will be coming in.

Congresswoman Wilson is in the car with her listening on the speakerphone when it does.

Coincidence? Or set up? I lean towards the latter given the actions of Wilson.

Myeshia will regret this years from now. She's been played as a fool. One day it will dawn on her how she participated in denigrating the noble sacrifice of her husband to make cheap political points. Anyone who listened to Gen Kelly's press conference has a good understanding of what happened and who the people are who are criticizing it.

Offline aligncare

Thanks back atcha. I like that President Trump ain’t taken it lying down. He is in the process of reinventing how to bypass the gatekeepers with the truth. What a novel approach. This one fights back. GW’s personality could not have pulled this off.

Winning ain’t so bad now, ain’t it?

Offline edpc

And this is a great example of how the media twists things. When Pres. Trump said that I knew from the get go that it was hyperbole.

Thank God for Twitter.

Except they’re his words posted on Twitter.  No twisting necessary.  It’s an effective platform to counter narratives and outright lies, if used properly.  Saying unnecessarily dumb things to fuel the fire isn’t the least bit helpful.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who'd you vote for in November Myeshia?

Offline kidd

I disagree.

Me also.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Myeshia will regret this years from now. She's been played as a fool. One day it will dawn on her how she participated in denigrating the noble sacrifice of her husband to make cheap political points. Anyone who listened to Gen Kelly's press conference has a good understanding of what happened and who the people are who are criticizing it.

I don't blame her, she is grief stricken. She may not even remember doing this in weeks to come. Yes she is being used, too bad people close to her didn't stear her away from this Congresswoman.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Except they’re his words posted on Twitter.  No twisting necessary.  It’s an effective platform to counter narratives and outright lies, if used properly.  Saying unnecessarily dumb things to fuel the fire isn’t the least bit helpful.

He's a guy whose arm isn't as good as the blast radius on the grenades he tosses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's what having a "fighter" as President has gotten us: the bully pulpit has been reduced to 140 characters at a time, as the level of civil discourse plunges to the nether regions.

We have only one President: I don't care about his predecessors, I don't care about the low life Democrats. Mr. Trump is the "leader of the free world", and it's time for him to start acting like it!

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't blame her, she is grief stricken. She may not even remember doing this in weeks to come. Yes she is being used, too bad people close to her didn't stear her away from this Congresswoman.

I suspect that Cong. Wilson is the one who reached out to this Gold Star wife.  Grief is a funny thing and losing one's husband is horrible.  She's pregnant, too, isn't she?  Sad, sad, situation.

Offline edpc

Yes she is being used, too bad people close to her didn't steer her away from this Congresswoman.

Wilson has been friends with the family since her days in education.  Likely one of the reasons for the collaborative effort.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:44:05 pm by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not even close.  Trump hasn't endured what W did from the left...yet.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

He's a guy whose arm isn't as good as the blast radius on the grenades he tosses.

Would that be considered a dotard petard?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wilson has been friends with the family since her days in education.  Likely one of the reasons for the collaborative effort.

I didn't know that...but I still believe she is being used by Rep Wilson...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34