Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8228 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The widow of U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was among four U.S. service members killed in Niger earlier this month, expressed a mix of blame and sorrow today on "Good Morning America," saying she was "very angry" about President Donald Trump's condolence phone call and upset because she says he struggled to "remember my husband's name."

ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos spoke to Myeshia Johnson, who criticized Trump's handling of the phone call that started a firestorm of controversy.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/fallen-soldier-widow-very-angry-trump-call-says-114102534--abc-news-topstories.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Johnson, days after being informed of her husband’s fatal firefight, said she was barred from seeing her husband’s body or given any straight story on how he died in Niger.

First of all, it’s disgraceful how this has been politicized.  More than likely, the remains were kept from view because they were mutilated by the ambush party.  If they had told her or showed her, that’d be used, politically, as well.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

debrawiest

Nothing good is going to come from this.

Offline Concerned

Nothing good is going to come from this.

No it won't.  Instead of focusing on recognizing these American heroes, we’ve now got a war of words between the President of the United States and a grieving widow.  I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before Sarah Huckabee Saunders is asked questions anew about this.  Too bad the President just didn’t take the high road last week.  He’ll “win” though (and that's what's important to him I'm afraid), because I’m sure he’ll get the last word regardless of how unseemly it becomes.  Sad.

EDIT:  typo on UNseemly

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:29:09 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Night Hides Not

No it won't.  Instead of focusing on recognizing these American heroes, we’ve now got a war of words between the President of the United States and a grieving widow.  I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before Sarah Huckabee Saunders is asked questions anew about this.  Too bad the President just didn’t take the high road last week.  He’ll “win” though (and that's what's important to him I'm afraid), because I’m sure he’ll get the last word regardless of how seemly it becomes.  Sad.

That's what having a "fighter" as President has gotten us: the bully pulpit has been reduced to 140 characters at a time, as the level of civil discourse plunges to the nether regions.

We have only one President: I don't care about his predecessors, I don't care about the low life Democrats. Mr. Trump is the "leader of the free world", and it's time for him to start acting like it!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Concerned

That's what having a "fighter" as President has gotten us: the bully pulpit has been reduced to 140 characters at a time, as the level of civil discourse plunges to the nether regions.

We have only one President: I don't care about his predecessors, I don't care about the low life Democrats. Mr. Trump is the "leader of the free world", and it's time for him to start acting like it!

:amen:  I agree completely, but I'm afraid this President is simply incapable of it (at least incapable for an extended period of time IMO).   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline LMAO

No it won't.  Instead of focusing on recognizing these American heroes, we’ve now got a war of words between the President of the United States and a grieving widow.  I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before Sarah Huckabee Saunders is asked questions anew about this.  Too bad the President just didn’t take the high road last week.  He’ll “win” though (and that's what's important to him I'm afraid), because I’m sure he’ll get the last word regardless of how seemly it becomes.  Sad.

Exactly right
This American hero's sacrifice has been reduced to partisan exchanges and red meat for the press and partisans
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

Somewhere, there’s a left wing strategy/focus group who was waiting for something like this, because they know Trump’s penchant for tweets and arguments.  He’s fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.   I seriously doubt it will change anyone’s mind.  People who hate him will continue to criticize and people who love him will continue to defend. It’s just ugly and unnecessary, however.

As @debrawiest said, nothing good will come from it, as this is a no-win situation.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:38:20 pm by edpc »

Offline Suppressed

Widow of Soldier Killed in Niger Confirms Donald Trump Said ‘He Knew What He Signed Up For’
BY CHAR ADAMS•@CICIADAMS_
POSTED ON OCTOBER 23, 2017 AT 7:48AM EDT
http://people.com/politics/pregnant-widow-slain-soldier-speaks-donald-trump-johnson-niger/

The pregnant widow of U.S. Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson, who was among four soldiers killed in Niger earlier this month, says President Donald Trump‘s condolence call only made her pain worse.

Myeshia Johnson, 24, spoke out for the first time on Good Morning America Monday and confirmed that Trump said her husband “knew what he signed up for, but when it happens it hurts anyway” – remarks that caused a media firestorm last week when U.S. Rep. Frederica Wilson revealed them publicly.

“It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it,” Myeshia said.

“He couldn’t remember my husband’s name.”

She added of Trump: “I heard him stumbling on trying to remember my husband’s name and that’s what hurt me the most because if my husband is out here fighting for our country and he risked his life for our country, why can’t you remember his name?”

[...]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:11:45 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bolobaby

And?

Did no one see Kelly's press conference putting the comment into context?

The problem, of course, is the hateful widow and Democratic nutbag congress-critter turning this conversation into a political weapon and, of course, Trump's complete inability to handle the matter as it SHOULD be handled... because he's a frickin' moron.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Excellent reporting here. The Leftist activist widow confirmed the story she is telling really happened. What an unimpeachable source.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

The entire video recorded by widow’s son:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7yc8bKAeetQ

Listen for yourself. Was the president being disrespectful? Or, is this just the left politicizing yet another dead soldier and his family? (Cindy Sheehan and the Khan family being two others examples)

Offline RoosGirl

The entire video recorded by widow’s son:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7yc8bKAeetQ

Listen for yourself. Was the president being disrespectful? Or, is this just the left politicizing yet another dead soldier and his family? (Cindy Sheehan and the Khan family being two others examples)

Isn't that a different widow and not the one the OP is about?

Offline aligncare

Isn't that a different widow and not the one the OP is about?

Let me doublecheck. It’s possible I clicked on the wrong link....

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist