Author Topic: Fusion GPS Fights Subpoena For Bank Records, Which Would Reveal Its Dossier Client  (Read 862 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fusion GPS Fights Subpoena For Bank Records, Which Would Reveal Its Dossier Client
Daily Caller, Oct 21, 2017, Chuck Ross

Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm behind the uncorroborated Trump dossier, filed a last-minute request with a federal judge in Washington, D.C. on Friday seeking to prevent the release of its bank records to the House Intelligence Committee.

Fusion, which is based in Washington, D.C., filed a motion asking U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan to approve an injunction preventing its bank, TD Bank, from having to turn over two years’ worth of banking records to the House committee.

Republicans on the committee are looking for answers on several aspects on the dossier, including who paid Fusion GPS to commission the document as well as how heavily the FBI and Justice Department relied on the document to form the basis of its investigation into Russian interference in the presidential campaign.

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/fusion-gps-fights-subpoena-for-bank-records-which-would-reveal-its-dossier-client/#

According to Taylor’s filing, TD Bank informed Fusion GPS on Oct. 13 that it planned to comply with the subpoena, which requested the records by Monday, Oct. 23. TD Bank sought a delay in complying with the subpoena, but the committee rejected it, Taylor stated.

Judge Chutkan is giving the House Intelligence Committee until noon Saturday to present an argument supporting the need for the subpoena.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I always Google these Judges.  This one is an Obama appointee, and will probably block the release.

U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:38:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I always Google these Judges.  This one is an Obama appointee, and will probably block the release.

U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan

Of course she will!  If she doesn't I will be astounded.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Of course she will!  If she doesn't I will be astounded.

If she does @Bigun I'd sure in hell like to know her reasons.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If she does @Bigun I'd sure in hell like to know her reasons.

She gave a short time for House Intelligence Committee to respond...Noon yesterday.  If they didn't respond in time (which is likely, they had less than a day), she'll probably grant the injunction by default and won't have to give any reasons.

Pretty slick, eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: