Author Topic: Brown signs law OK'ing third option for gender on California driver's licenses  (Read 2027 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

By Daniella Diaz,

California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill that will allow state residents who do not identify as male or female to have a third option on driver's licenses and birth certificates.

The bill, SB179, makes California the first state in the country to offer the nonbinary option for people who want their documents to match their gender identity. While most recent bills that Brown, a Democrat, signed will go into effect January 1, 2018, this bill will take effect a year later.
"Nonbinary" is the umbrella term for people who do not consider themselves either female or male.

The law also will allow people to be able to change their gender identity on their birth certificates.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/governor-jerry-brown-california-law-nonbinary/index.html

Modified by Mod1. Please excerpt articles.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:01:45 pm by Mod1 »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Sickening Stuff.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It would be wonderful if the Federal Government refused to accept any ID that did not have a male/female designation on it.

Offline DemolitionMan

It would be wonderful if the Federal Government refused to accept any ID that did not have a male/female designation on it.

Remember they saying, if California does it every other state will try to do it.

Offline GtHawk

Remember they saying, if California does it every other state will try to do it.
Brown did this so he could get an appropriate gender classification on his license.

Offline stephen50right

Jerry Brown and California truly are out of control right now. California is turning into a pariah state the likes of which have never been seen before.

Offline GtHawk

Jerry Brown and California truly are out of control right now. California is turning into a pariah state the likes of which have never been seen before.
Jerry Brown and California Democrats are truly are out of control right now. California is turning being turned into a pariah state the likes of which have never been seen before.*

*Edited for accuracy :beer:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:43:48 pm by GtHawk »

Offline aligncare

I’ve always wanted to be a pony. Of course, that’s silly. Why would I need a driver’s license?

Offline skeeter

I heard 44 percent of Californians do not speak english in their own homes. I wonder if they are aware of whats being done in their name?

Offline bolobaby

Hmmmm... instead of putting it on their driver's license, can we brand it on their forehead?

You know... just so we *know* and don't mistakenly use the wrong gender pronoun and offend them. Just for their own good, doncha know?

Normal men and women won't need the brand, of course, because it is clear what to call them.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline andy58-in-nh

A government, once empowered to legitimize unreality can just as easily mandate it.

Welcome to the abyss.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn