Author Topic: Why is Jeff Sessions hiding the Uranium One informant?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline endicom

Why is Jeff Sessions hiding the Uranium One informant?
« on: October 21, 2017, 12:36:52 pm »
American Thinker
Daniel John Sobieski
Oct. 21, 2017

Perhaps as startling as the revelation that the FBI was investigating the Hillary Clinton/Russia/Uranium One collusion  and that key figures like Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Special Counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe knew about it and said nothing, is the refusal by Attorney General Jeff Sessions to remove the non-disclosure agreement gag order on the FBI informant who arguably could put Bill and Hillary Clinton and a few others in federal prison.

It was said the Jeff Sessions recused himself from all things Russian because of election campaign conflicts but is it really because he thought it would insulate him from having to divulge what he knew about Uranium One and the people who at the very least knew about the deal, some who approved the deal, including past and present members of the FBI, the DOJ, and Special Counsel Robert Miller’s team? Is Jeff Sessions part of the Uranium One cover-up? If not, then he needs to explain why he is thus far refusing Sen. Chuck Grassley’s request to lift the gag order imposed by the Obama administration as part of the Uranium One cover-up:

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/why_is_jeff_sessions_hiding_uranium_one_informant.html

Offline endicom

Re: Why is Jeff Sessions hiding the Uranium One informant?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:37:35 pm »
Speculation aside, the question should be answered.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »
Speculation aside, the question should be answered.

Damned right it should! And sooner rather than later!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:08:23 pm »
Swamp thing
You make my heart sing
You make everything gravy
Swamp thing

Swamp thing, I think I love you
But I want to know for sure
Come on and hold me tight
I love you

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 01:17:45 pm »
Yes Sessions IS part of the cover up!!!  Fire him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 01:27:39 pm »

To be replaced by....

I doubt that Trump knew Sessions from Adam. He was probably assured that Sessions is a solid guy with a track record as AG and all of that stuff. I don't know that Sessions is the stiff he now appears to be but if he is then who should be his replacement?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 03:26:07 pm »

To be replaced by....

I doubt that Trump knew Sessions from Adam. He was probably assured that Sessions is a solid guy with a track record as AG and all of that stuff. I don't know that Sessions is the stiff he now appears to be but if he is then who should be his replacement?

Trump knew Sessions ... Sessions endorsed him even though at first he was sticking up for Cruz on the campaign trail regarding illegal immigration.

As much as we need Cruz in the Senate and the GOP can't afford for TX to turn blue, he would make an awesome AG.  He has the experience, knowledge and I believe him to still be out of the DC swamp.  If Trump were to nominate him heads would spin and 'they' would do everything they could to stop the nomination. 

Big question to me right now ... will Trump allow the cover-up or will he demand justice for the American people?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »

He may be protecting Rosenstein.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 03:39:59 pm »

Big question to me right now ... will Trump allow the cover-up or will he demand justice for the American people?

How much can he do? If he replaced Sessions today then that would be with someone needing to come up to speed on the investigation. Who is there to bring that replacement up to speed other than the usual suspects?

It's possible that Trump and Sessions are counting on the investigation turning on the elephant-in-the-room Dems.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 04:00:58 pm »

How much can he do? If he replaced Sessions today then that would be with someone needing to come up to speed on the investigation. Who is there to bring that replacement up to speed other than the usual suspects?

Can the President remove the non-disclosure agreement?

If not, or if it's not politically reasonable, wouldn't a subpoena from the committee compel the individual to testify and render the non-disclosure moot?  (Assuming they know his/her name)

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »

If not, or if it's not politically reasonable, wouldn't a subpoena from the committee compel the individual to testify and render the non-disclosure moot?  (Assuming they know his/her name)

To the first, I don't know but think it's up to the AG.

To the second, a subpoena should be compelling enough but who enforces it? Maybe the Sergeant-at-Arms but I can't tell.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 06:44:09 pm »

It's possible that Trump and Sessions are counting on the investigation turning on the elephant-in-the-room Dems.

This question has come up before; who could Trump appoint that he could trust and would be up to speed?  Ted Cruz.  He's got the background, he's got the experience.  IMHO he would make an excellent AG!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »

I don't know all the answers RIV ... I do know that Trump can fire Sessions, Rosenstein and on down.  He can then appoint a new AG; only problem is the left and right are both guilty as sin and it's going to be difficult for Trump to get any worthwhile nomination through. 

Thinking ahead here ... but if this is let to lie and Trump is unsuccessful in taking care of this, he may very well by looking at impeachment ... not because he's done anything wrong, but, because they can!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:47:58 pm by libertybele »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:04 pm »
He may be protecting Rosenstein.

If he is protecting anyone, he should be fired--unless Trump is instructing him to protect someone, in which case Sessions should resign (and explain his reason!).

I'm sick and tired of these reputedly "good guys."  Almost all of them are swamp denizens.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 08:22:38 pm »
If he is protecting anyone, he should be fired--unless Trump is instructing him to protect someone, in which case Sessions should resign (and explain his reason!).

I'm sick and tired of these reputedly "good guys."  Almost all of them are swamp denizens.

The question still remains ... why did Sessions appoint Rosenstein? Why did Sessions allow the appointment of Mueller?  There is no way he didn't know of their backgrounds.  This really all falls into his lap ... which side is he truly on?

Offline endicom

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 09:27:09 pm »
I don't know all the answers RIV ... I do know that Trump can fire Sessions, Rosenstein and on down.

If I have it right then Trump can fire Sessions but not on down.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:39 pm »

If I have it right then Trump can fire Sessions but not on down.

I believe that he can legally fire both Sessions and Rosenstein and Mueller. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/if-trump-fires-mueller-or-orders-his-firing

Offline endicom

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 11:56:26 pm »
I believe that he can legally fire both Sessions and Rosenstein and Mueller. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/if-trump-fires-mueller-or-orders-his-firing

That left me up in the air on the matter. I guess we'll know in time.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 02:01:47 pm »

I agree ... and I doubt the President is telling Sessions to protect Rosenstein ... or anyone.

I simply do not understand Sessions --- and I'm starting to think the worst about him.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 02:03:12 pm »
The question still remains ... why did Sessions appoint Rosenstein? Why did Sessions allow the appointment of Mueller?  There is no way he didn't know of their backgrounds.  This really all falls into his lap ... which side is he truly on?

Great question @libertybele --- and I'm getting a very queasy feeling about Jeff Sessions.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 04:25:40 pm »
If he can fire Sessions why can't he appoint the next to go as Sessions replacement---and then fire them?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 12:33:26 am »
Great question @libertybele --- and I'm getting a very queasy feeling about Jeff Sessions.

Me too. Unfortunately, he was Trump's pick.  Trump himself made the comment soon after he was nominated that he wasn't going to prosecute Hillary.

This issue is staring us in right in the face with an opportunity for Trump and his administration to prosecute Hillary, Bill, Bammy, Holder, Lynch, Rosenstein, Mueller, Comey ... and I'm sure others.

I know it's only been a couple of days that this has been brought to the surface but the silence from the MSM is to me indicative of what's going to happen.  Nothing. I hope I am wrong.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 12:36:34 am »
If he can fire Sessions why can't he appoint the next to go as Sessions replacement---and then fire them?

Trump can fire both Sessions and Rosenstein and he can appoint Sessions replacement, but the Senate has to approve the nomination. 

Trump not firing Sessions, either means he feels that Sessions will prosecute those that are involved, or he's decided to let things lie.  As more time passes, obviously we'll know, one way or the other.