Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty  (Read 11751 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »
some of them went to his room for what they thought was a conversation 

Now why would anyone in their right mind go to a complete strangers' room like that?  Why couldn't that conservation have taken place in a public place, like a restaurant?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »
Not making excuses at all for Weinstein, frankly if it were up to me, I'd put a bullet in his head right now.    And yes some of the women were very young, and I excuse them,   but there were older ones who should have known better that came before them.

Well you walked that attack on the women back a fur piece.

I guess I'll have to accept your corrective, while still strongly disagreeing with your blaming the victim for the rape by a monster.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »

I guess I'll have to accept your corrective, while still strongly disagreeing with your blaming the victim for the rape by a monster.

There are lots of bad men in this world.  That is an absolute fact.  How would you suggest young women be protected from them?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »

I'm thinking more of the types like Scarlett Johansen, who obviously had no problems, going along with Weinstein to further her career.  These are the ones who over the years perpetuate this sleaze right along with the Weinsteins of Hollywood (and believe me, he isn't the only one).

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 10:48:28 pm »
Now why would anyone in their right mind go to a complete strangers' room like that?  Why couldn't that conservation have taken place in a public place, like a restaurant?

So, were this a mentally disabled person, they also would deserve sexual abuse?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:49:07 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:30 pm »
There are lots of bad men in this world.  That is an absolute fact.  How would you suggest young women be protected from them?

Prosecuting them.

But then, we have this glaring example of Bill Clinton, rapist, sexual predator, who is walking free....

So I'd say, every little girl needs to learn to defend herself physically.   And be given enough self-confidence to walk away, and report it to the police when a boss or powerful man abuses them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
So, were this a mentally disabled person, they also would deserve sexual abuse?

Were they mentally disabled?   I mean I know most actors and actresses are moonbatty morons, but I think they are smart enough to know better.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 10:51:44 pm »

So I'd say, every little girl needs to learn to defend herself physically.   And be given enough self-confidence to walk away, and report it to the police when a boss or powerful man abuses them.

On this, we agree.   

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »
Were they mentally disabled?   I mean I know most actors and actresses are moonbatty morons, but I think they are smart enough to know better.

So we're back to my original statement, some woman magically shows up in front of a man and is naked and it's fine for the man to do whatever he wants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:16 pm »

Dangling the prospect of stardom in front of many is enough to render them mentally disabled I suppose.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:42 pm »
So we're back to my original statement, some woman magically shows up in front of a man and is naked and it's fine for the man to do whatever he wants.

Of course not. 

But having said that,  I certainly would tell my daughter up front, to never put herself in such a position, and to never even think of having a career in Hollywood.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »

Do you understand the physical power a man has over a young girl?  Smart enough to know better than to audition?  Than to be an actress?  Or in the business world, smart enough to not want to be fired for refusing?  What, exactly do they have to be 'smarter than' here?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:52 pm »

I'm  sorry but I missed anyone making a statement remotely like that on this thread before you just did.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 10:55:12 pm »

I'm stuck on the "magically" part.  I don't believe in magic.  That shit doesn't happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »
Dangling the prospect of stardom in front of many is enough to render them mentally disabled I suppose.

Maybe so.  And in many cases it's the parents that drive it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:09 pm »
Do you understand the physical power a man has over a young girl?  Smart enough to know better than to audition?  Than to be an actress?  Or in the business world, smart enough to not want to be fired for refusing?  What, exactly do they have to be 'smarter than' here?

I thought you audition onstage, and not in a hotel room.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »
Maybe so.  And in many cases it's the parents that drive it.

And those parents have power over the girls too.

I'd sooner blame them than the victims of rape.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:43 pm »
I thought you audition onstage, and not in a hotel room.

Are you actually naïve enough to think that rapes only occur in hotel rooms?

Because if you're not, your comment is meaningless.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:38 pm »
I'm  sorry but I missed anyone making a statement remotely like that on this thread before you just did.

See Reply #7

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
If someone should have spoken up, why not the men too?  Apparently everyone knew what was going on. One of the recent stories one of the male actors got between Weinstein and his young (under age?) costar and said 'not her Harvey' (I think it was Gerard Butler but I am probably wrong). So it was known exactly who he was and what he did and at least stepped in on one occasion- but even that story implies the men knew what was going on and let it pass with one rare exception.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:08 pm »
Prosecuting them.

But then, we have this glaring example of Bill Clinton, rapist, sexual predator, who is walking free....

Ok!  I agree with every bit of that.  Now what? 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:48 pm »
I'm stuck on the "magically" part.  I don't believe in magic.  That shit doesn't happen.

:poohappen:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »
If someone should have spoken up, why not the men too?  Apparently everyone knew what was going on. One of the recent stories one of the male actors got between Weinstein and his young (under age?) costar and said 'not her Harvey' (I think it was Gerard Butler but I am probably wrong). So it was known exactly who he was and what he did and at least stepped in on one occasion- but even that story implies the men knew what was going on and let it pass with one rare exception.

No question there is a gay casting couch in Hollywood as well.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 11:04:50 pm »
Ok!  I agree with every bit of that.  Now what?

OK........ I have a plan, but you may not like it.

It involves a procedure that they used to use in Italian Opera to keep men's voices high.   :smokin:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 11:04:54 pm »
Are you actually naïve enough to think that rapes only occur in hotel rooms?

Of course not.