Author Topic: Trump thinks he owns Renoir, but Art Institute says real one hangs in Chicago  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Of all the forums on this site, I was really hoping this one was immune from being turned into another Romper Room for oldsters.

Sadly, I was wrong.

You would prefer TBR to be more of a vile shithole full of racism and knuckle dragging like FR, right? They keep thing seriously serious over there.

Online Right_in_Virginia

You would prefer TBR to be more of a vile shithole full of racism and knuckle dragging like FR, right? They keep thing seriously serious over there.

I would prefer that some here realize that not every topic needs to be turned into a version of Animal House.  But those I'm referring to will not agree with or even consider my suggestion, so this really was a waste of my time.  I apologize to you for the intrusion @Frank Cannon .

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:58:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

I would prefer that some here realize that not every topic needs to be turned into a version of Animal House.  But those I'm referring to will not agree with or even consider my suggestion, so this really was a waste of my time.  I apologize to you for the intrusion @Frank Cannon .

So true. So true. We have to have to keep serious threads like this one about whether some rich dude owns a painting no one cares about or not seriously serious. The free world hang in the balance over these allegations against Donny.

Offline RoosGirl

I thought the Trump supporters of all people would appreciate my sense of humor and irony at putting this story in Scandal Watch. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

So true. So true. We have to have to keep serious threads like this one about whether some rich dude owns a painting no one cares about or not seriously serious. The free world hang in the balance over these allegations against Donny.

I see your point .... but I would have posted this thread in "General Discussion" ... anywhere but where it landed.   :laugh:

Online corbe

Of all the forums on this site, I was really hoping this one was immune from being turned into another Romper Room for oldsters.

Sadly, I was wrong.

Reading your quote about 'you being wrong' was well worth the price of admission @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Reading your quote about 'you being wrong' was well worth the price of admission @Right_in_Virginia

Then you clearly misunderstood my post.

Again.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I too have a Renoir, a different one but It hangs in my downstairs powder room. It’s real, in a way, and it’s original, well original to me ; )

But you too could hang this picture in your house, starting at $59.99.

http://www.art.com/products/p34933720337-sa-i9368507/pierre-auguste-renoir-two-sisters-on-the-terrac-1881.htm?sOrig=CAT&sOrigID=0&dimVals=5000774&ui=80D9F3C301904D22A0D5007E0F518B56&SSK=renoir

I love Art.com

But when I run for POTUS, this is the picture I want to be photographed in front of in my $995 per month rental town house. It will show I have class or something.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline RoosGirl

GD @corbe can't you take anything seriously.  This gentlewoman has been incredibly wronged by this misplaced article and I for one think there should be some serious consequences for it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I thought the Trump supporters of all people would appreciate my sense of humor and irony at putting this story in Scandal Watch.

NTs are never as clever as they think. 

Although it does provide you with nice spin --- so I understand completely why you keep repeating it.   

Carry on. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:21:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
NTs are never as clever as they think. 

Although it does provide you with nice spin --- so I understand completely why you keep repeating it.   

Carry on.

I thought the topic of this thread was a "Renoir" owned by Trump.  How did we get to NTs and personally insulting them?