Author Topic: Celebrity Publicists Are Bailing on ‘Megyn Kelly Today’  (Read 408 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Celebrity Publicists Are Bailing on ‘Megyn Kelly Today’
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:34:13 pm »
Celebrity Publicists Are Bailing on ‘Megyn Kelly Today’
Variety, Oct 13, 2017, Elizabeth Wagmeister   

A number of publicists who spoke to Variety expressed discomfort with the idea of booking their clients in the third hour of “Today,” which has now been retitled “Megyn Kelly Today.” These publicists, however, said they are still eager to take their talent to other blocs of the morning show. “I’m not booking anyone on her show,” says a high-powered publicist, with a roster of big names, who asked for anonymity due to her overall relationship with “Today.” “I literally haven’t pitched anyone even from right out the gate. The buzz that is out there is so bad.”

Another well-known publicist, who represents one of the celebrities who has appeared on Kelly’s show, wasn’t pleased with the interview. “I won’t plan to have others go on,” the publicist said. “None specifically have been offered or asked to, but it’ll be my preference not to.”

More:  http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/megyn-kelly-today-nbc-celebrity-guests-problem-1202589195/