Author Topic: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!  (Read 15977 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:19 pm »
He's not the most tactful guy, friend, but neither are you.  You are accusing a large group of people who simply think Trump is doing a few good things of being blind followers clapping like barking seals.

Ain't gonna make you many friends, my friend.

Hear! Hear!

I don't understand the lingering anger by some here.  Every time I see the horrid Hillary! mewling and braying I thank God we have this "loose cannon" in the White House.

I saw his impromptu presser today after meeting with the Majority Leader.   I have to laugh at the wishful thinking of the Lefties and Never-Trumpers that he's some disengaged zombie shuffling aimlessly around the West Wing.   He's focused like a laser in my view.  And that's bad news for the Progs and entrenched elites.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2017, 09:43:18 pm »
@sneakypete  @Free Vulcan

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,273487.0.html

Also, consider typing up the names and keeping them in a text file (or, perhaps in the future, on your TBR notepad page).

@Suppressed @Free Vulcan

That would work ok if you were only interested in one  or two subjects,but when you start  keeping one list for music,another for American history,one more for World history,one for archeology,one for guns and gear,one for gun control,one for cars/trucks,one for movies/tv shows,one for America politics,one for Global Politics,one for Science Fiction,one for Science Fact,etc,etc,etc,that's a lot of damn tying. Then you will be getting PMs from people who want to be added to or taken off a list,etc,etc,etc,and it damn near becomes a full-time job.

It is SOOOOO,much easier to just have ping lists members can create and then join or quit on their own,as well as just hit the "ping" button to ping everyone on that list to a new thread they post.

Plus when you have a member keeping what amounts to private ping lists,when they go on vacation,get sick,or just stop posting,nobody gets pinged. With site ping lists,the ping list stays as long as the person that created it checks the box to allow all members of it to ping others to it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2017, 02:36:54 pm »
Yes, Trump is Winning

And yet on the ground, in the real world, Trump is methodically pushing ahead with the agenda he campaigned on. That includes:

1.   Nominating judges and justices who can be counted on to interpret and enforce the law but do not endeavor to use the law to promote their social agenda;
 2.   Addressing the problem of illegal immigration and securing the borders of the United States;
 3.   Developing America’s vast energy resources;
 4.   Rolling back the regulatory state, especially the administrative overreach of agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency;
 5.   Pursuing policies that put America, and American workers, first, not to the detriment of our relationships with our international partners but through a recognition that strength and sovereign independence make nations more reliable actors;
 6.   Restoring the combat readiness and morale of the United States military;
 7.  Simplifying the U.S. tax code, making it more competitive for U.S. businesses and more equitable for individuals;
 8.   Getting a handle on the unconstitutional and shockingly inefficient monstrosity ironically called the Affordable Care Act;
 9.   Putting a stop to the obscene violation of due process that Title IX fanatics brought to college campuses across the country.

And many other initiatives large and small.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/15/yes-trump-is-winning/

edit:  for some reason I apparently forgot the link.   

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:42:55 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2017, 03:53:17 pm »
Hear! Hear!

I don't understand the lingering anger by some here.  Every time I see the horrid Hillary! mewling and braying I thank God we have this "loose cannon" in the White House.

I saw his impromptu presser today after meeting with the Majority Leader.   I have to laugh at the wishful thinking of the Lefties and Never-Trumpers that he's some disengaged zombie shuffling aimlessly around the West Wing.   He's focused like a laser in my view.  And that's bad news for the Progs and entrenched elites.

We are of like minds here, my friend  :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »
Hear! Hear!

888high58888  @ArneFufkin 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2017, 08:25:32 am »
@Free Vulcan has been looking at it in his spare time.  We can't afford the bucks it would take to hire a full-blown coder, so he's taking volunteers for help.  Here's the Discussion Thread.  (I took the liberty of posting your suggestion above in the thread.)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274439.0.html

Here is the message I get when I click on that link  "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Offline Concerned

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »
“The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem. Total disrespect for our great country!” Trump said in his Wednesday tweet.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/trump-blasts-nfl-for-not-adopting-a-requirement-that-players-stand-during-anthem-20171018.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »
“The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem. Total disrespect for our great country!” Trump said in his Wednesday tweet.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/trump-blasts-nfl-for-not-adopting-a-requirement-that-players-stand-during-anthem-20171018.html

@Concerned

I hope everyone decides to boycott the NFL because of this.

The left is fond of calling conservatives "members of the lunatic fringe that should be ignored",but if enough of  us boycott the rest of this seasons games it will be obvious to the non-political people who watch that we are NOT a fringe group because the stands will be virtually empty instead of packed,and will even be obvious to non-sports fans because their teebees will be telling them about it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2017, 07:08:19 pm »
Investor’s Business Daily: Trump Defeats ISIS In Months — After Years Of Excuses From Obama.

Terrorism: Nine months after President Trump promised to defeat ISIS "quickly and effectively," U.S.-backed forces captured Raqqa, which until Tuesday had served as the ISIS capital. The battle now is over who deserves credit: Trump or President Obama.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/278682/#respond
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2017, 07:25:52 pm »
Investor’s Business Daily: Trump Defeats ISIS In Months — After Years Of Excuses From Obama.

I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2017, 07:30:52 pm »

So Donny kitted up and went out there and led the charge from the front?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2017, 07:33:13 pm »
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

Rare praise of Trump's actions from you.   I guess you aren't just a one note Samba. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:16 pm »

In the same manner that Reagan led the charge in Grenada. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

Rare praise of Trump's actions from you.   I guess you aren't just a one note Samba.

“One note Samba”?  Hardly, although I try and be objective, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some objectivity might confuse any Trump sycophants out there.  When the President does something I find praise-worthy, I praise him, and I’ve done it right here on TBR on the following:  Gorsuch seems to be a great pick.  I love what the President is doing on regulations.  The hurricane responses in Florida and Texas were right on target with direct leadership from him and his cabinet.  He seems to be serious about fixing the VA.  That’s long overdue.  His speech after the Las Vegas shooting was spot on and I praised him at the time.  And now, I think he freed up his military to go after ISIS by loosening the Rules of Engagement, and he deserves “all the credit in the world”.  I've given him credit right here on TBR when I think he deserves it, and I criticize him when I think he deserves criticism. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2017, 07:39:21 pm »

In the same manner that Reagan led the charge in Grenada.

I don't recall any headlines from the time proclaiming anything like that.

Trump the person deserves the same credit for "leading" the charge in defeating ISIS in the town of Raqqua that Obama does for killing bin Laden.

None.

What he rightfully deserves credit for is listening to and agreeing with recommendations from the SecDef and his commanders on the ground to free up the ROE and to allow us to do what we're trained for instead of dying on the field of battle from the results of political correctness.

It's the boots on the ground in Syria not the suits inside the beltway in D.C. that should be hailed as defeating Daesh in this one particular battle.

The war to eradicate Daesh from the face of the earth is far far from over.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2017, 08:10:29 pm »

@txradioguy

There really is no pleasing you. Trump could turn water into wine and you would wine about him promoting alcoholism.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2017, 08:45:31 pm »

Was just about to high five Concerned. He’s exactly right. Trump said he would let his generals fight the battles and it’s paying off.

:thumbsup:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2017, 09:03:37 pm »
Trump is even making space propulsion more powerful!    Winning!   

Pilot Wave theory suggests Trumpet shaped Emdrive would have more thrust

A radio frequency (RF) resonant cavity thruster, EmDrive, is a controversial proposed type of propellentless electromagnetic thruster with a microwave cavity, designed to produce thrust from an electromagnetic field inside the cavity.

Researchers José Croca and Paulo Castro from the Centre for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon in Portugal suggest that not only could pilot wave theory explain the mysterious behavior of the EM drive, it could help to make it even more powerful.

Applying a pilot wave theory to NASA’s EM drive frustum [or cone] could explain its thrust without involving any external action applied to the system, as Newton’s third law would require.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/10/pilot-wave-theory-suggests-trumpet-shaped-emdrive-would-have-more-thrust.html
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2017, 09:07:25 pm »
Okay,  that last one was tongue in cheek,  in case people may have thought i'd slipped round the bend.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2017, 09:11:19 pm »

You didn’t give it enough time. Soon enough someone would have wandered by and hit you with being a Trumpet worshipper.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:18 pm »
You didn’t give it enough time. Soon enough someone would have wandered by and hit you with being a Trumpet worshipper.

Some people are so  serious!
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2017, 11:01:03 pm »
“One note Samba”?  Hardly, although I try and be objective, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some objectivity might confuse any Trump sycophants out there.  When the President does something I find praise-worthy, I praise him, and I’ve done it right here on TBR on the following:  Gorsuch seems to be a great pick.  I love what the President is doing on regulations.  The hurricane responses in Florida and Texas were right on target with direct leadership from him and his cabinet.  He seems to be serious about fixing the VA.  That’s long overdue.  His speech after the Las Vegas shooting was spot on and I praised him at the time.  And now, I think he freed up his military to go after ISIS by loosening the Rules of Engagement, and he deserves “all the credit in the world”.  I've given him credit right here on TBR when I think he deserves it, and I criticize him when I think he deserves criticism.

Nice list.  Appreciate your objectivity.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2017, 11:19:27 pm »
Nice list.  Appreciate your objectivity.

:beer:  Thanks.  I try to be objective and to be consistent with my principles regardless of whether "my guy" is in the White House or not.  For example, I criticized Bush for his deficit spending, criticized Obama for his, and will criticize Trump for his. 

President Trump has done some good things and I've called out the good things that I agree with.  Unfortunately, all too often, this Administration has degenerated into chaos, dysfunction, and defensiveness rather than focusing on actually getting their legislative agenda through Congress.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2017, 03:52:36 pm »
Trump’s Malaysia Gambit: Call It Another Win

Malaysia’s decision to cut economic ties with Kim Jong-un shouldn’t be a surprise. After all, the North Korean dictator had the poor social grace to have his half-brother assassinated in the Kuala Lumpur international airport. But that isn’t the only reason. Give some credit to savvy foreign policy gamesmanship by President Trump and his administration.

Recall that about a month ago, Malaysia’s prime minister, Najib Razak, visited the United States and the White House. To the media, the visit was “controversial” and a “terrible idea.” So-called “foreign policy experts” called the meeting a setback for the rule of law. The media’s favorite term to describe the prime minister was “embattled,” due to a financial scandal in which he is allegedly embroiled, although the Malaysian justice system has yet to find any evidence to charge him with a crime.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/24/trumps-malaysia-gambit-call-it-another-win/
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2017, 01:38:20 am »

C'mon.  You're not that stupid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.