Author Topic: 'Get off your d-mn knees' - A gold star mother’s open letter to the NFL  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

'Get off your d-mn knees' - A gold star mother’s open letter to the NFL
by EILEEN F. COSGROVE
October 10, 2017

This Sunday, it was 11 years since two Marines showed up at our door to tell us that my husband's first child, my stepson and our two children's brother, Lance Cpl. Christopher B. Cosgrove III, 23, was killed by a suicide bomber at a checkpoint in Iraq. He should have been out of Iraq but he volunteered to stay behind to train the new Marines coming to replace them. Christopher left behind his mother, father, stepmother and stepfather, his brothers and his fiancee.

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/get-off-your-d-mn-knees-a-gold-star-mothers-open-letter-to-the-nfl#ixzz4v71mUVoE

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So while you are busy taking a knee, ask yourselves: Do all Black Lives Matter? Or only the black lives killed by police officers trying to protect the very same community from the crime that surrounds them, frequently committed by the very individuals who are killed by the police?

Here's my suggestion for all of you. You should be on your knees thanking God for giving you the talent to play a game thousands of young men would give their right arm to be talented enough to play at the professional level. Thank God for the ability to make more money in a single game than many of those police officers protecting you and your communities will make in a lifetime. Thank God for having been blessed to have been born in a country that gives you that opportunity for the sole reason that you are a gifted athlete. Most of all, thank God for men like my stepson who fought in 120 degree heat in full military gear and died to defend your ability to live freely in this country. Then get off your damn knees. Stand for the American flag and national anthem that represents the country and those who have died defending her to give you this opportunity, and DO something to prove that black lives actually DO matter to you. Put your money where your knee is.

8888crybaby