Author Topic: Trump says he'd win an IQ competition against Rex Tillerson  (Read 1263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he'd win an IQ competition against Rex Tillerson
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:43:50 pm »
by Eddie Scarry | Oct 10, 2017, 7:46 AM

President Trump said he would win an IQ competition against his embattled secretary of state, Rex Tillerson.

In a new interview with Forbes, Trump said he doesn't think Tillerson called him a "moron." But he said if it came down to a battle of wits, Trump would be the winner.

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-says-hed-win-an-iq-competition-against-rex-tillerson/article/2637005
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump says he'd win an IQ competition against Rex Tillerson
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »
More fake news. Donny doesn't say he's smarter than Tillerson. He leaves it up to the reader.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:55:30 pm »
 :facepalm:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 02:01:38 pm »
These kinds of comments by Donald are why so many believe he actually IS a "moron."

He says moronic things and acts like a moronic child.

Can we please make it go away??  Can we please have an adult in the White House???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:08:41 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285303.0.html    888blackhat

Do you enjoy posting articles and then replying to yourself?

Back to the topic, why do the Trump sycophants here keep defending the undefendable?

Now that I think of it, this might be Trump trying to get Tillerson to resign. Can't he do it in a better way?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »
These kinds of comments by Donald are why so many believe he actually IS a "moron."

He says moronic things and acts like a moronic child.

Can we please make it go away??  Can we please have an adult in the White House???
It most certainly sends the message that Trump's maturity level is stuck on school yard. He seems to perpetually play the my peters big than your peter game, you almost expect him to challenge the other guy to whip it out on the table for measuring. At least I haven't seen, lately, people here comparing him to Reagan because one things for sure when it come to class there is nothing in common between the two.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:16 pm »
It most certainly sends the message that Trump's maturity level is stuck on school yard. He seems to perpetually play the my peters big than your peter game, you almost expect him to challenge the other guy to whip it out on the table for measuring. At least I haven't seen, lately, people here comparing him to Reagan because one things for sure when it come to class there is nothing in common between the two.

Not one blasted thing in common with Reagan.  Not ONE.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:39 pm »
For the record I think Trump would lose. Who is with me?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 04:03:04 pm »
by Eddie Scarry | Oct 10, 2017, 7:46 AM

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

The Binet Intelligence Scale was the first individual IQ test.  It came about by the military needing a way to test "smarts" of men entering the military.

Later, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) replaced the Binet. 

"The current version of the test, the WAIS-IV, which was released in 2008, is composed of 10 core subtests and five supplemental subtests, with the 10 core subtests comprising the Full Scale IQ. With the new WAIS-IV, the verbal/performance subscales from previous versions were removed and replaced by the index scores. The General Ability Index (GAI) was included, which consists of the Similarities, Vocabulary and Information subtests from the Verbal Comprehension Index and the Block Design, Matrix Reasoning and Visual Puzzles subtests from the Perceptual Reasoning Index. The GAI is clinically useful because it can be used as a measure of cognitive abilities that are less vulnerable to impairments of processing and working memory.
Index scores and scales
There are four index scores representing major components of intelligence:
Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI)
Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI)
Working Memory Index (WMI)
Processing Speed Index (PSI)
Two broad scores, which can be used to summarize general intellectual abilities, can also be derived:
Full Scale IQ (FSIQ), based on the total combined performance of the VCI, PRI, WMI, and PSI
General Ability Index (GAI), based only on the six subtests that the VCI and PRI comprise."

I have given thousands of WAIS tests. Based on the vocabulary of Trump and Tillerson, Tillerson would likely outrank Trump on the Verbal Comprehension section.  I think Tillerson would also rank higher on Perceptual Reasoning, Working Memory and Processing Speed.  Tillerson would likely have a higher combined score IQ.  This is not the first time Trump has said how smart he is, however he would never allow anyone to test him.

In general about the Wechsler: Normally, the scores of the sections are close.  If a section is considerably lower than others, there may be a learning problem.  This test for children edition, WISC, was and is used to suggest learning problems if one section is much lower than the rest.  The child would be referred for more tests to determine if a learning disability is present and if so, what it is.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »
IQ is not Trump's chief problem. He's no rocket scientist, but he doesn't need to be one, nor does any President for that matter.

His lack of emotional intelligence, maturity and judgment are far greater problems, and they lead him into trouble on an almost daily basis. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »
IQ is not Trump's chief problem. He's no rocket scientist, but he doesn't need to be one, nor does any President for that matter.

His lack of emotional intelligence, maturity and judgment are far greater problems, and they lead him into trouble on an almost daily basis.

^^ This ^^

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »
This is the stupidity that Trump stumbles into over and over. He's done a number of good things, but his mouth negates alot of that.

Might be a good strategy if it was a strategy, but I don't think it is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »

Donald has a very good brain.  He consults himself on many, many things.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 07:19:46 pm »
"Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it sometime," Sanders tells reporters. Says @POTUS IQ crack on Tillerson was a joke.

Good advice, for a lot of people.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »

Maybe someone should lay off the "jokes" because they have no talent at telling them. This is not a slam at Trump, there are many people who just can't tell a joke. If in fact Trump was telling a joke as his damage control says, he either doesn't understand what a joke is or maybe it was his ego talking instead of his brain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:12 pm »
Maybe someone should lay off the "jokes" because they have no talent at telling them. ...

Oh, for God's sake, I'm not going to argue with you over this.  Life's too short.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online GtHawk

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:42:44 pm »
Oh, for God's sake, I'm not going to argue with you over this.  Life's too short.   *****rollingeyes*****
I don't want to argue, and believe it or not I really really don't want Trump to fail, what I do want is for Trump to turn of his freakin reality TV persona and behave in the Presidential manner he has proven.............at times, he is capable of. I don't watch reality TV and I don't want a reality TV White House.

Online DB

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »
The joke is on us...

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 09:03:15 pm »

Oh, wait. So now it's a joke?

Like the president himself? Or not a "sick joke," just a "joke joke?"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »
If anyone ever wanted to challenge my Intelligent Quotes, I would win too.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!", it was said by that fat cigar guy from Europe.
"Give me Liberty or give me death!", it was said by that guy from history.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, and he saw that it was good.", it's in that gigantic God book.

Also, my hands are huge. They are the best, biggest, hands ever. There have never been hands bigger than mine. That I can tell you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 09:32:32 pm »
If anyone ever wanted to challenge my Intelligent Quotes, I would win too.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!", it was said by that fat cigar guy from Europe.
"Give me Liberty or give me death!", it was said by that guy from history.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, and he saw that it was good.", it's in that gigantic God book.

Also, my hands are huge. They are the best, biggest, hands ever. There have never been hands bigger than mine. That I can tell you.

Believe me...

Offline Concerned

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 10:15:48 pm »

Exactly right. His lack of emotional intelligence, maturity, and judgment are evident virtually every day. I’m afraid they’ll only get worse also.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 11:15:24 pm »
I'm sure Trump is right.  Rex does not have the genius it takes to talk about his penis size on live tv.   That's why he will never be POTUS.