Author Topic: Bannon Wants Candidates to Challenge Every Republican Incumbent Except Cruz  (Read 9643 times)

Offline jpsb

I like Ben Carson,   but Ben Carson asserting that Ted Cruz is lying,  does not make it true.   Ben Carson was mistaken,   but because of his emotions involved in the incident,  he can be forgiven.

There are numerous way to lie, lying by omission is one way. The eminent domain ad
was the lie that turned me off on Cruz. The ad said and I quote "eminent domain it
made him (Trump) rich
". Was just a flat out lie. Trump never made a penny via eminent
domain.

And Cruz was for legalization of illegals and even Rand Paul called him a liar over that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0DI0RnH9c

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

So you think Steve Bannnon is going to run for President? 

Didn't say that.

I believe that is demonstrably wrong.  In fact it is an exact consequence of our interfering with world affairs that caused most of the horrors of the 20th Century.

Really?  We isolated ourselves during WW I until the very end...once we entered it ended...we went all isolationist again during the years between the two world wars and you had Hitler Stalin Mussolini and Tojo.

How much farther would communism have spread had we not intervened?  There'd be a unified COMMUNIST Korea...the Russians and the Chinese would have spread that particularly evil cancer farther around the globe than they already have had we not opposed them and supported countries that didn't want to live under it's brutal yoke.

Woodrow Wilson getting us into World War II caused the Germans to lose the war.  Had we stayed out of it,  they would have won or tied.   The British and the French would not have been able to force on them the devastating conditions that wrecked their economy and caused the rise of Hitler.

Wilson didn't get us into WWII.  That was 20 years after he served.

No Hitler,  No World War II,  No Holocaust,  No Mao,  No Khmer Rouge. 

That's crap.  Total revision of history and the events that took place that caused all of those things to happen.

Americans staying out of World War I might have prevented Lenin's return to Russia,  stopped the Holodomor,  and all the suffering of the Russian people and the Eastern Block.

The Russian Revolution was already well underway before we entered the war.  Check your history. 

No Korean war,  no Vietnam.

Again you're delusional.

The Norks attacked the South SPECIFICALLY because we left them off of a list of countries we counted as ones where we'd help out.  The Communists took this as a sign they could attack and we wouldn't defend the Rhee government and the South Korean People.   

No Atomic bomb,  no Nuclear proliferation.

Again complete bullsh*t.  The Germans were already working on the bomb...they even had airborne delivery vehicles long before we ever conducted our tests at Los Alamos.

You're revisionist version of history on these matters is every bit "blame America First" as Obama's was and the Liberals is today.

Also no sexual revolution and no abortion.   

Over 100 million dead would likely have been avoided. 

You could not likely have achieved a worse loss of life in the 20th century than what we did experience,  and all because we meddled in affairs that were none of our business. 

You think  a "tariff war"  caused the great depression?   How about "easy credit",  and the boom and bust conditions which are a normal part of traditional economic system?   

You also leave out the fact that the Government meddling in the economy caused a momentary recession to prolong itself far longer than it would have had they used the same methodology as "Silent Cal" to deal with it. 

So are borders.  In fact borders exist for the explicitly purpose of protecting those people within them as a "nation."   

The word "Patriotism"  is derived from the word "Pater",  which is Latin for "Father."   It literally means "love for the land of my father."    It does not mean "Universal love for all lands."   

Says who?  You've been listening to too much left wing propaganda.  Of course since it has been ubiquitous since Word War II,   It's hardly your fault,  but still you should not simply accept stuff the left says without a grain of salt.   

The Communists seized upon the "nationalist" aspects of German and Italian Fascism as the cause of their fascism.   No,  the International Communists were just as Fascistic,   but pointing out "Nationalism" gave them a means of distinguishing themselves from the obviously evil Nazis and Italian Fascists.   

The Communists were in fact worse.   

"Nationalism"  was in fact the argument the North asserted to justify their effort to prevent independence of the South.    Some would claim that in this case,  "nationalism"  was a good thing.   Weren't you earlier defending the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments?   Seems like they wouldn't have happened without this "Nationalist" fervor which was began in the 1860s. 

The stupid is so strong in this that it doesn't even merit comment.  I'm just gonna leave it there for people to point and laugh at.

Patriotism and Nationalism are the same side of the same coin.

Not even close.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

It's not "flat out".   It is not even close to being demonstrably incorrect.   It is a possible exaggeration as to the extent,  but most rational people do not expect campaign advertisements to give them "5 sigma"  levels of accuracy.

@DiogenesLamp

Yes it is a flat out lie. Please show me where Trump made his wealth via eminent domain, as the Cruz ad claimed. "Eminent domain, it made him (Trump) rich"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:18:55 pm by jpsb »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@DiogenesLamp

Yes it is a flat out lie. Please show me where Trump made his wealth via eminent domain, as the Cruz ad claimed. "Eminent domain, it made him (Trump) rich"

Where is the link to that alleged quote?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline jpsb

Where is the link to that alleged quote?

see 59

Offline DiogenesLamp

There are numerous way to lie, lying by omission is one way. The eminent domain ad
was the lie that turned me off on Cruz. The ad said and I quote "eminent domain it
made him (Trump) rich
". Was just a flat out lie. Trump never made a penny via eminent
domain.

And you know this how?   Asserting something that you do not know to be true is also a form of lying.

Trump certainly tried in this one case we discovered.  How do we know that he didn't try this before and succeed at it?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Didn't say that.

It was implicit in your example of Trump doing it.   Trump did it through running for President.   What other lesson were we to learn from the example of Trump? 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It was implicit in your example of Trump doing it.   Trump did it through running for President.   What other lesson were we to learn from the example of Trump?

No you asked how someone could co-opt Conservatism.  Trump did it...with the help of Steve Bannon at Breitbart and Rupert Murdoch at Fox News.

You asked...I answered.  Now you're reading things into what I said that aren't there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And you know this how?   Asserting something that you do not know to be true is also a form of lying.

Trump certainly tried in this one case we discovered.  How do we know that he didn't try this before and succeed at it?

He tried at least one other time that we know of in Bridgeport, CT. a year After his kerfuffle with Vera Coking.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Eminent domain has been legal since the country was formed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

Yeah, Failure Don lost again, when he tried to kick out old Vera Coking.  Typical for him.

Trump never made a penny via eminent domain.

So Failure Don lied?

Interesting.

I had believed where he bragged about how he'd used eminent domain a lot and how great it supposedly was for people.  Are you saying his projects were failures and didn't make him money?

I guess that would be typical for Failure Don.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

Since you believe the lie that Trump wealth is a result of using eminent domain to
steal property from old widows it is up to you to provide proof. I'm not going to
waste my time trying to prove a negative.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Really?  We isolated ourselves during WW I until the very end...once we entered it ended...we went all isolationist again during the years between the two world wars and you had Hitler Stalin Mussolini and Tojo.

Until the very end,  when we butted in,  created a condition that shouldn't have happened,  and that condition caused all the subsequent disaster that no one could have predicted. 

American intervention caused the German economy to wreck.  The resulting despair caused the rise of Hitler.  Hitler caused World War II.   

"Work, Freedom and Bread."   

How much farther would communism have spread had we not intervened?  There'd be a unified COMMUNIST Korea...the Russians and the Chinese would have spread that particularly evil cancer farther around the globe than they already have had we not opposed them and supported countries that didn't want to live under it's brutal yoke.

There is a good chance that had we stayed out of World War I,  there may never have been a communist menace.   It is as a result of word reaching the Germans of America's entry into the war that they decided to send Lenin to Russia.   

Had there been no American entry into the war,  perhaps the Germans would have decided not to smuggle him back to Russia. 

That's crap.  Total revision of history and the events that took place that caused all of those things to happen.

No it isn't.   Hitler rose to power as a consequence of the economic despair in Germany.   Without him promising to put Germany back to work and solving it's economic problems,  he would have had no winning message.   Without an economic disaster,  he couldn't have blamed the "Jews"  for  their economic woes. 

The Russian Revolution was already well underway before we entered the war.  Check your history. 

Check yours.   It didn't turn Communist until Lenin got there and took it over.   Without Lenin Russia would have had a Republican revolution more like our own. 

Because Lenin got there and took control of it,  he turned it hard communist.   

Again you're delusional.

The Norks attacked the South SPECIFICALLY because we left them off of a list of countries we counted as ones where we'd help out.  The Communists took this as a sign they could attack and we wouldn't defend the Rhee government and the South Korean People.   

Without a Communist China,  there would have been no Communism in North Korea.   Without a German Defeat in World War I,  there would have been no Communist China.   

Again complete bullsh*t.  The Germans were already working on the bomb...they even had airborne delivery vehicles long before we ever conducted our tests at Los Alamos.

The Germans were not working on an atomic bomb in 1917 when the US meddled in Europe's war.    You can't use events that hadn 't happened yet to argue backwards in time.   

If the US hadn't meddled,  there would never have been a World War II, (because Hitler would never have arisen to power)  and so there never would have been either a US Manhattan Project,  or a German Atom bomb project.  (Uranprojekt) 

You're revisionist version of history on these matters is every bit "blame America First" as Obama's was and the Liberals is today.

Blame America first?  I'm not Blaming America for anything other than electing and following Idiot Liberals who get the nation to do stupid things like meddling in other people's affairs.    Woodrow Wilson was a disaster.   He was another one of those "Genius"  Presidents that mucked things up far worse than any ordinary man would  have.   

He was one of those "Idiot Geniuses"  that is the specific target of my tagline:

What we would have gotten had the US stayed out of World War I would have been a European Union dominated by Germany... which is exactly what we have now... but we would have gotten it without all the bloodshed.     

Not even close.

So explain how Patriotism is different from Nationalism.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

No you asked how someone could co-opt Conservatism.  Trump did it...with the help of Steve Bannon at Breitbart and Rupert Murdoch at Fox News.

You asked...I answered.  Now you're reading things into what I said that aren't there.

And how did Trump do it?   By running for President!     

Since "running for President"  is how Trump did it,  the only logical conclusion we are to draw from your statement is this is how Bannon would do it. 

If you disagree,  then explain how Bannon would co-opt the conservative movement without mentioning what Trump did.   (Which was to run for President.) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

The problem is that Brannon is no Conservative.

Where does one find YOUR litmus test for the definition of a "conservative?"

And next, point by point where does Bannon conform, or not conform to said litmus test?

As a pragmatic check, did you favor Strange of Moore, in Alabama's recent primary?

Offline DiogenesLamp

He tried at least one other time that we know of in Bridgeport, CT. a year After his kerfuffle with Vera Coking.

Exactly the point.  "modus operandi"   is the term given for a methodology that become a habitual.   It is quite common in people to continue using a method that they have found to work before,   and it becomes highly likely that if this has been provably done twice,  then it was likely a "modus operandi",  and could have been done even more than we already know. 

This pattern of using eminent domain in efforts to seize property shifts the burden of proof to the other side in my opinion. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
My Two Cents......  Bannon is about as glory hunting a nut as Trump.... after Roy Moore won in Alabama he tried to act like he (and he alone) was the reason for Moore winning.

Nope, Roy was gonna win and win big without Bannon/Palin sweeping in a few days to campaign. Just as Strange was going to lose no matter if Trump/Pence spent a week in Alabama campaigning for him. Roy was just that popular. I just found it silly how Bannon liked to feed his ego (and in that matter is the doppelganger of Trump).  But I trust little of those willing to compromise on principle to win as Bannon did slanting his new site to full Trump during the election. Like Ann Coulter, principled up to actual time to put those fruits on the line.

@jpsb

Your examples of Cruz's lies sadden me. Nope, Cruz did not do anything wrong in Iowa, except as he pointed out perhaps not correcting CNN's mistake as soon as humanly possible (but it was too late). What was he guilty of? Paying attention to the latest news updates and actually campaigning hard. Something most of us here tend to also do.

It was disappointing to see Carson (probable with Trump's urging) use the victim card to get a few more weeks of political clout out of a game he knew he had no chance of winning. It really hurt my opinion of him tremendously (I already had reservations about his gun positions and abortion opinions especially his lack of acknowledging life at conception). 

That said, I do agree that Trump did get a bum rap on the Eminent Domain thing. That ad was not 100% true. Perhaps less that 50% true. Did Trump attempt to take that lady's property via it, yes. When he lost though, he made due with it. Was he getting rich via it, No. Was it going to make him richer, perhaps somewhat. I would of not of ran that ad if I was Cruz.

From what I have seen @jpsb. Your posts get 4/5 bozos for truth. Yet I see you like to just pile on more bozo points the more you post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:32:56 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DiogenesLamp

Eminent domain has been legal since the country was formed.

Nobody is objecting to the concept of eminent domain.   We are objecting to the abuse of eminent domain for a private company to seize other citizens' land.   

The seizing of a citizen's property for the needs of the governing body is a legitimate principle.   The seizing of a citizen's property to benefit other private citizens with only an indirect benefit to the government,  (If that)  is not. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Since you believe the lie that Trump wealth is a result of using eminent domain to
steal property from old widows it is up to you to provide proof. I'm not going to
waste my time trying to prove a negative.

When I looked this up last year,  it took me all of 30 seconds to find the proof in the case of Vera Corking.   I have been advised that there is another case in which Trump tried or succeeded in using eminent domain to seize someone's property.   

Someone else up above said Trump bragged of doing this.   

The Burden of proof has shifted to you.   We have sufficient evidence to support the claim that evidence must now be presented to refute it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My Two Cents......  Bannon is about as glory hunting a nut as Trump.... after Roy Moore won in Alabama he tried to act like he (and he alone) was the reason for Moore winning.

Bannon is a tool, but sometimes a useful one. We do need a bunch of good Reps to primary both Republicans and get nominated to run against incumbent Dems.

He won't have much effect on who runs I think, but for sure if he can be the impetus to draw interest to the '18 primaries with the idea of making McCain, Collins, and Murkowski irrelevant in the Senate, he will be useful in that regard.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Just_Victor

Come down out of the hills, Lt Onoda. The war is over.

Geez.

Obscure, yet hillarious....
 :rolling: :happyhappy:
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline jpsb

Exactly the point.  "modus operandi"   is the term given for a methodology that become a habitual.   It is quite common in people to continue using a method that they have found to work before,   and it becomes highly likely that if this has been provably done twice,  then it was likely a "modus operandi",  and could have been done even more than we already know. 

This pattern of using eminent domain in efforts to seize property shifts the burden of proof to the other side in my opinion.

Your opinion means squat. The burden of proof is always on the accretion not the
negation of an assertion. You claim Trump used eminent domain to seize property?
Prove it. All you have to do is find a few cases of Trump using eminent domain to
acquire his wealth.

If that were true, with as much scrutiny as Trump has been under, believe me, it would
have come up long ago.

I hope every one notices that I take the time to format my posts to make them
easily readable. IE you don't have to scroll left to read them.

Offline jpsb

When I looked this up last year,  it took me all of 30 seconds to find the proof in the case of Vera Corking.   I have been advised that there is another case in which Trump tried or succeeded in using eminent domain to seize someone's property.   

Someone else up above said Trump bragged of doing this.   

The Burden of proof has shifted to you.   We have sufficient evidence to support the claim that evidence must now be presented to refute it.

You have yet to provide a SINGLE INSTANCE of Trump using eminent domain to seize
private property. Not a single one. The poster above does not know what he/she is
talking about and his/her post was so ridiculous I did not even brother to respond to
him/her.

Offline truth_seeker

Nobody is objecting to the concept of eminent domain.   We are objecting to the abuse of eminent domain for a private company to seize other citizens' land.   

The seizing of a citizen's property for the needs of the governing body is a legitimate principle.   The seizing of a citizen's property to benefit other private citizens with only an indirect benefit to the government,  (If that)  is not.
The controversial use of eminent domain, that I am aware of when it is used for "redevelopment."

A city/county/district decides it has an area which is "blighted." In partnership with businesses, they seek to remediate that blight.

Along the way, certain buildings may stand in the way of that planned project.

In my own town, the local council decided to NOT use it, to take residential properties.

In the Kelo case, the USSC decided it was okay even to take residential property.

Eminent domain, controversy about it, numerous cases PREDATE Trump's Presidency. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

Come down out of the hills, Lt Onoda. The war is over.

Geez.

And we thought this guy was stubborn...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn