Author Topic: VP Mike Pence leaves Colts game because 49ers players knelt during anthem  (Read 13214 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: VP Mike Pence leaves Colts game because 49ers players knelt during anthem
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2017, 01:52:43 am »
I wasn’t saying anyone was running from him   In fact I suggest ignoring it.  It doesn’t matter what he calls us it has no bearing on the truth.  But whenever he starts this crap everyone rushes in to dispute what he says and the initial discussion is lost.  I raised a kid like this.  If he can tie you up in knots trying to defend against his nonsense he has won.  Ignore it or laugh at it....

Advice taken @Mom MD .

His nonsense will be henceforth ignored.  888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2017, 01:57:19 am »
So, how did Trump win if he only got 20% of the vote nit-picker?

More than half the nation wasn't voting.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2017, 01:58:11 am »
I voted for Dubya two times for President. Glad now, that people can identify me as having "Dubya Love".

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2017, 01:59:01 am »
@RoosGirl

To put an even finer point on it...popular vote wise...Trump didn't even get half of the 55% of the voting population that turned out for the 2016 General election.

That is what I meant.  You said it more clearly than I did. :)

Offline TomSea

« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2017, 01:59:57 am »
More than half the nation wasn't voting.

Trump won, half the voters voted him in and over half the states did. You are playing semantics, I don't need any sort of a condescending attitude when one is just playing some semantics game. We all know who won the election.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2017, 02:06:08 am »
Any takers, voted for the man two times. I must have Bush Love.

:silly:

Must belong to a cult.

@musiclady

Waiting for the accusation.

I've got Mitt Love, I've got Dole Love, I've got McCain love.... well, one sour note out of so many elections isn't bad.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:20:17 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2017, 02:10:46 am »
@thackney

Why settle on the number of inhabitants of the USA? And I think it is closer to about 305,000,000; but if one chooses to go that road, maybe I meant landwise?

There's more than one way to gauge the vote, even by county, if people are being semantic.

"Half the nation voted for him, please, this isn't a cult and more demeaning language. Some people will vote for every GOP candidate that comes along in the general election."

Let me help you with the math.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:11:14 am by TomSea »

Offline thackney

« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2017, 02:14:29 am »
@thackney

Why settle on the number of inhabitants of the USA? And I think it is closer to about 305,000,000; but if one chooses to go that road, maybe I meant landwise?

There's more than one way to gauge the vote, even by county, if people are being semantic.

"Half the nation voted for him, please, this isn't a cult and more demeaning language. Some people will vote for every GOP candidate that comes along in the general election."

Let me help you with the math.

The acres did not cast votes Tom.  Nor did the counties.  Perhaps you are not aware, but it is people that cast the votes.  And more than half of them said:

"None of the above.-
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2017, 02:40:35 am »
Any takers, voted for the man two times. I must have Bush Love.

:silly:

Must belong to a cult.

@musiclady

Waiting for the accusation.

I've got Mitt Love, I've got Dole Love, I've got McCain love.... well, one sour note out of so many elections isn't bad.

Thanks for reinforcing why I have you on permanent "IGNORE" Tommy.

btw, maybe none of the actual pro-life people go to your threads because you keep being a jerk and lying about us.  Ever consider telling the truth for a change and getting some of the REAL pro-lifers here to participate on your Trump-is-god threads??

Nah........... that would be honorable.

Done feeding the troll.  But it's good to get a reminder that trolls like Tom sully this lovely forum with their very presence and it's better not to see the garbage they spew......

:seeya:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2017, 03:18:24 am »
@CatherineofAragon

It seems to get things done.

Anyway, the life forum can see these things debated in their proper area if some deem some statements so offensive, it can apparently be defended. Thus, people don't want to debate these things because the record pretty much shows the truth.

@TomSea

What truth?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2017, 04:01:24 am »
Oh, and I'll go by what Father Pavone and Martin Luther King's neice say on the subject, it seems the only ones who breached the topic and mentioned ab-rt-n are not me, I put it delicately and I figured there was some reason the mods came down like a ton of bricks on someone in the past, but I hope the censorship does not now include merely saying "social conservative issues" or "pro-life causes".
Well, Tom, Father Pavone is in my inbox on nearly a daily basis, so if you don't see me over in the forum, it might just be because I have been reading that news elsewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2017, 04:22:16 am »
Father Pavone is in my inbox on nearly a daily basis....

Is he in there rooting through your stuff? Nosy bastard.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2017, 04:26:50 am »
Don't be an a-hole, Tex.   You know full well, what @TomSea meant.

The people who voted are responsible for the election results.   Half voted for Trump.
Nope. Your total doesn't even include the people who voted third party. While that was 'only' 5.04% of the overall vote, that puts trump well under half of those who voted.

Presidential ticket    Party           Ballot access           Votes[3][247]    Percentage
                                                             States          Electors                             % of voters
Trump / Pence            Republican            50 + DC    538    100%    62,984,825    46.09%
Clinton / Kaine           Democratic            50 + DC    538    100%    65,853,516    48.18%
Johnson / Weld          Libertarian             50 + DC    538    100%    4,489,221     3.28%
Stein / Baraka           Green                    44 + DC    480    89%    1,457,216     1.07%
McMullin / Finn           Independent          11              84    15%    731,788             0.54%
Castle / Bradley        Constitution           24            207    39%    203,010             0.15%
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

On the popular vote, 53.22% of voters (not counting write-ins) did not vote for Mr. Trump. He won because of the distribution of those who did vote for him, giving him the electoral vote. But no matter how people dance around it, 46.78% is a bit less than half.

He is the POTUS. We'll do the best with what we have, but history is better rewritten if you let the ink dry first.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2017, 07:03:02 am »
Yeah, says the guy who posted something to me that said "suck it", as if this was something unintentional.
I would never unintentionally or incoherently tell someone to "suck it", take that as you would, since you made the accusation provide the proof please because I don't recall it. Who knows I might even owe you an apology depending on the context. Your 50% figure voting for Trump is still baloney, not even quality baloney. I will say that I am impressed with the number of stories you post that takes a lot of time and energy.
@TomSea