Author Topic: VP Mike Pence leaves Colts game because 49ers players knelt during anthem  (Read 13301 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

VP Mike Pence leaves Colts game because 49ers players knelt during anthem
Fox 59, Oct 8, 2017

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Vice President Mike Pence decided to leave the Indianapolis Colts game Sunday because some 49ers players knelt during the national anthem.

In a tweet, the former Indiana governor said “I left today’s Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.” Minutes after that tweet, his office released a full statement.

“I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem. At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us. While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don’t think it’s too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem. I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem.”

More: http://fox59.com/2017/10/08/vp-mike-pence-leaves-colts-game-because-49ers-players-knelt-during-anthem/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Vice President Mike Pence spoke out on Sunday about why he left a Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game on Sunday, after a report emerged which said former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would stand for the anthem if he would be able to sign with an NFL team.

“I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence tweeted.

Several 49ers players reportedly knelt for the anthem on Sunday.

"After sitting down with Colin Kaepernick for several hours, @JasonLaCanfora says the QB is still actively trying to play in the NFL," NFLonCBS tweeted Sunday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-49ers-game-after-players-reportedly-kneel.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

Eff the NFL.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Vice President Mike Pence spoke out on Sunday about why he left a Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game on Sunday, after a report emerged which said former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would stand for the anthem if he would be able to sign with an NFL team.

“I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence tweeted.

Several 49ers players reportedly knelt for the anthem on Sunday.

"After sitting down with Colin Kaepernick for several hours, @JasonLaCanfora says the QB is still actively trying to play in the NFL," NFLonCBS tweeted Sunday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-49ers-game-after-players-reportedly-kneel.html

Why was he there in the first place?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

He likes Indianapolis for some unknown reason. I'm not even sure I remember what state that town is in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Probably wanted to take in a home game for his home state team.  Plus they were honoring Peyton Manning with a statue and induction into their ring of honor this weekend.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline MOD8

Threads merged.

Online Right_in_Virginia

NFL Week 5: Vice President Mike Pence walks out on Colts game after Niners kneel for anthem
Washington Post, Oct 8, 2017

Vice President Mike Pence walked out on the Indianapolis Colts’ game against the San Francisco 49ers Sunday afternoon after a large number of the 49ers players took a knee during the playing of the national anthem.

Pence announced his departure via his Twitter account, writing: “I left today’s Colts game because @POTUS [President Trump] and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.”

According to NBS Sports reporter Matt Maiocco, 23 members of the 49ers knelt during the anthem.

More:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/08/nfl-week-5-the-focus-turns-from-protest-to-football-key-games-injuries-fantasy-news/?utm_term=.ef69fed511d0

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He likes Indianapolis for some unknown reason. I'm not even sure I remember what state that town is in.

Ha Ha....I know Pence is from Indiana.  My intended comment is that he , Trump, and anyone else pro-American should avoid the NFL in form or fashion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Probably wanted to take in a home game for his home state team.  Plus they were honoring Peyton Manning with a statue and induction into their ring of honor this weekend.

According to the articles, Pence was there for the Manning "thing".   ^-^

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
According to the articles, Pence was there for the Manning "thing".   ^-^

Wonder how Colt fans will feel if Manning joins the HOF in a Bronco Jersey?

Offline Mom MD

Wonder how Colt fans will feel if Manning joins the HOF in a Bronco Jersey?

As a former bronco fan I don’t care what Jersey he enters the HOF in.  I am no longer a football fan and hope he NFL implodes quickly
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:13:05 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
As a former bronco fan I don’t care what Jersey he enters the HOF in.  I am no longer a football fan and hope he NFL implodes quickly

Amen.... Hell with the Saints too.

:beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel during anthem
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel during anthem

By BRENT D. GRIFFITHS

10/08/2017 01:56 PM EDT

Updated 10/08/2017 04:30 PM EDT

Vice President Mike Pence left an Indianapolis Colts game on Sunday shortly after several players on the opposing San Francisco 49ers kneeled in protest during the national anthem.

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence wrote on Twitter on his official @VP account, hours after tweeting that he was looking forward to taking in a game with his wife, Karen Pence.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/08/pence-nfl-game-anthem-protest-243583
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

Re: Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel during anthem
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 09:47:53 pm »
Good for him.  About time.  If only the rest of the stands had left with him...
God is still in control

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Re: Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel during anthem
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 10:55:59 pm »
Good for him.  About time.  If only the rest of the stands had left with him...

@Mystery -AK

I am thrilled our Vice-President of the United States of America left the game!

Football will not be around much longer, anyway, because of the brain damage the players have received during their tenures as  players -- and the lawsuits that will ensue.  Poor babies.  What will they do now after spending all of their money on crazy things instead of investing in our country?

It will be rough on them.  Time to invest in coloring books!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Silver Pines

Re: VP Mike Pence leaves Colts game because 49ers players knelt during anthem
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:19:59 pm »
This was a stunt.  I wouldn't care if it hadn't cost taxpayers thousands of dollars.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »
Threads merged

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 12:17:47 am »
This was a stunt.  I wouldn't care if it hadn't cost taxpayers thousands of dollars.

The VP sent a clear message to the country and to the NFL and rightfully so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 12:38:12 am »
Still watching the NFL.  Go Bears! I'm not letting the players nor Trump (who still has a grudge against the NFL) ruined it for me.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 12:42:30 am »
The VP sent a clear message to the country and to the NFL and rightfully so.

@libertybele

No, not rightfully so.  It was an unnecessary waste of taxpayer money.  Trump wanted to make points with his base---fine.  It's not up to us to pay for it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 12:54:04 am »
So basically no one is bothered VP Pence flew from Las Vegas to Indianapolis. Seemingly for the staged walkout. Now he's flying back west to L.A for a fundraiser!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 01:03:57 am »
So basically no one is bothered VP Pence flew from Las Vegas to Indianapolis. Seemingly for the staged walkout. Now he's flying back west to L.A for a fundraiser!

Didn't Tom Price just have to step down for wasting tax payer dollars like this?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:12:13 am by txradioguy »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 01:07:23 am »

Yeah how dare the vice president go to Indiana.  And double dog how dare he make a stand against unpatriotic actions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:38 am »
Didn't Time Price just have to step down for wasting tax payer dollars like this?

@txradioguy

I've noticed that some on our side who would have rightly condemned Obama for pulling this same crap are willing to give Trump a pass if they're angry enough at the target of the stunt. 

My husband works damn hard, and not to pay for Trump's attempts to win points with his base.