Author Topic: Over 50 Survival Canning Recipes  (Read 2047 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Over 50 Survival Canning Recipes
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:16 am »
Having a garden and planting enough so you will have left overs to freeze or can for the winter months is an excellent way to make sure your pantry stays well stocked. Not only is canning a great way to save some money but it’s also valuable in any emergency situation.

It’s also important to can what your going to eat, no sense growing or canning green beens if you don’t like them. With over 50 canning recipes that Creating Nirvana has put together it will help you to decide on what to plant and can for your family’s tastes. Listed at the link below are canning recipes by fruit or vegetable type organized by when they come into season:

Read more at: http://prepforshtf.com/50-survival-canning-recipes/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Over 50 Survival Canning Recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:11 am »
I put up some fig preserves for the first time this year. I plan to do it every season, from now on.

I'd love to be able to make nut butter with my pecans and put that up as well.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:37:43 am »
A friend of mine that lives in North central Georgia was telling me about a place, set up by the county I think, that allowed you to take all your goods there and use their "kitchen" and equipment for canning.  She used it to put up a bunch of the veggies she grew and said it worked out great.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:02 am »
Speaking of green beans, I've put 2 of my dogs on the green bean diet. They're going thru a Lot of green beans, but they're losing weight in the process.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 01:51:49 am »
A life long pursuit for most Southerners.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien