Author Topic: Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe, goes on vulgar rant — it was all caught on video  (Read 12515 times)

Offline RoosGirl

That's just it.  The baker did stay true to his word.  He doesn't make halloween cakes.  He doesn't make swastika cakes.  And he doesn't make cakes for same-sex weddings (regardless of the sexual preference of the person buying it).

But he didn't stay true to his word because he advertised as making wedding cakes.  He never advertised he didn't make same-sex wedding cakes.  And a wedding cake is a wedding cake.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Come on and take one for the team!   :laugh:

No way, I'm sure the Mods already have me on speed-dial....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

? wrong thread...

As for Jazzhead, he sounds like a typical "you didn't build that, you just got lucky in life" liberal to me.  Redundant, I know.
It's far worse than that.  He gets to say 'Discrimination!' as easy as a racist says 'Racist!' because there are no boundaries in a liberal's world.

Nothing is off-limits, so no morality is bad enough to draw a line.

We all discriminate as human beings.  A lot of us due to our understanding of God's wishes.  What we choose to do, he would force us to accept otherwise in the world of diversity, and use the power of the courts to implement our enslavement by forced acceptance, and the hell with what God's wishes might be.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

I deleted the post, on my own initiative.  Still you attack.  I apologized to you personally.  Still you attack.   What the hell, ML?   

1.   I didn't 'attack.'  I reacted.

2.   I used to have a lot of respect for you, back when I thought you believed in justice and equality.  Now that you have made it clear that you don't, in hostile terms (and with a non-apology, a la liberalism), I am disappointed.

That is all.

@Jazzhead
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
1.   I didn't 'attack.'  I reacted.

2.   I used to have a lot of respect for you, back when I thought you believed in justice and equality.  Now that you have made it clear that you don't, in hostile terms (and with a non-apology, a la liberalism), I am disappointed.

That is all.

@Jazzhead

I'm sorry you feel that way, ML.   Trust me, the feeling is not mutual, and I have always read what you've had to say with interest and respect you as a valuable contributor to this board.   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:11:44 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But he didn't stay true to his word because he advertised as making wedding cakes.  He never advertised he didn't make same-sex wedding cakes.  And a wedding cake is a wedding cake.
But same-sex weddings were not recognized by the State of Colorado at the time: to wit, legally, it wasn't a wedding..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

But same-sex weddings were not recognized by the State of Colorado at the time: to wit, legally, it wasn't a wedding..

Please do not cloud the issue with facts.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

I see what you did there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is all too ridiculous, taking up so much time and energy, but wasn't the issue that it was not just a wedding cake of which the baker made certain styles, but that the Boys
wanted a custom cake which the baker did not offer anyway and in a gay queer theme. In any case as someone else pointed out it is up to USSC now.

Online Hoodat

This is all too ridiculous, taking up so much time and energy, but wasn't the issue that it was not just a wedding cake of which the baker made certain styles, but that the Boys
wanted a custom cake which the baker did not offer anyway and in a gay queer theme. In any case as someone else pointed out it is up to USSC now.

@GtHawk

Nope.  The discussion of never got that far.  Here are the facts:

• The customer requested a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding.
  • The baker turned down the request, because he does not make cakes for same-sex weddings, which at the time were not legal in Colorado.
  • The baker offered to make something else
  • Customer turned down alternative offer.
  • The next day, someone else phoned the shop and asked for a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding
  • The baker turned down the request, because he does not make cakes for same-sex weddings.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

@GtHawk

Nope.  The discussion of never got that far.  Here are the facts:

• The customer requested a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding.
  • The baker turned down the request, because he does not make cakes for same-sex weddings, which at the time were not legal in Colorado.
  • The baker offered to make something else
  • Customer turned down alternative offer.
  • The next day, someone else phoned the shop and asked for a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding
  • The baker turned down the request, because he does not make cakes for same-sex weddings.
So if you are an old fashioned Jewish Deli and you do catering for parties and the NeoNazis have a shindig and call you, you have to do the catering? You can't refuse? That is the sort of precedent the homosexuals want to perpetrate upon our system of jurisprudence. Hopefully (there never are any guarantees) the Courts resist ruling for such an imposition.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So if you are an old fashioned Jewish Deli and you do catering for parties and the NeoNazis have a shindig and call you, you have to do the catering? You can't refuse? That is the sort of precedent the homosexuals want to perpetrate upon our system of jurisprudence. Hopefully (there never are any guarantees) the Courts resist ruling for such an imposition.

I don't think @Hoodat is disagreeing with us on this, Joe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:33:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't think @Hoodat is disagreeing with us on this, Joe.
I wasn't disagreeing with @Hoodat, either, just extrapolating the precedent to a universally understood example of why finding against the baker would be a really bad idea. Sorry if I was being my usual disagreeable sellf.  :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wasn't disagreeing with @Hoodat, either, just extrapolating the precedent to a universally understood example of why finding against the baker would be a really bad idea. Sorry if I was being my usual disagreeable sellf.  :tongue2:

I happen to think you are a very agreeable chap.    :shrug:  :tongue2:

I'm worried about SCOTUS on this.  There are at least four Justices who think it's a grand idea to force the baker, under penalty of jail if necessary, to create the cake.  SCOTUS has become a crapshoot, just like the entire court system.  It's a gamble.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:43:28 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

I happen to think you are a very agreeable chap.    :shrug:  :tongue2:

I'm worried about SCOTUS on this.  There are at least four Justices who think it's a grand idea to force the baker, under penalty of jail if necessary, to create the cake.  SCOTUS has become a crapshoot, just like the entire court system.  It's a gamble.
Nothing is ever a given in court. The innocent are summarily convicted because of superficialities on a regular basis because people can't separate fact from emotion and react to the calm of an innocent defendant as being a complete absence of remorse for a crime they wouldn't be on trial for if they weren't guilty. (It is that bad, unfortunately, in places).
I haven't trusted one damned thing SCOTUS has in front of it since Roberts illegally rewrote the ACA to illegally rule it "constitutional". This could go either way, and with one of the highest percentages of homosexuals in the country in DC, it's hard to tell what pressures are being brought to bear in chambers.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

So if you are an old fashioned Jewish Deli and you do catering for parties and the NeoNazis have a shindig and call you, you have to do the catering? You can't refuse?

According to Jazzhead, you can refuse to do the catering in that situation, primarily because Jazzhead gets to be the arbiter of what types of discrimination are legal and which are not.  All in the name of consistency, of course.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

According to Jazzhead, you can refuse to do the catering in that situation, primarily because Jazzhead gets to be the arbiter of what types of discrimination are legal and which are not.  All in the name of consistency, of course.
What if they are Gay Nazis?  :chairbang:

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Then it would all come down to what they happened to be thinking at the time.  The action itself is not relevant.  It is the intent.  And Jazzhead is able to read minds and know exactly what the intent of the egregious perpetrators is.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nothing is ever a given in court. The innocent are summarily convicted because of superficialities on a regular basis because people can't separate fact from emotion and react to the calm of an innocent defendant as being a complete absence of remorse for a crime they wouldn't be on trial for if they weren't guilty. (It is that bad, unfortunately, in places).
I haven't trusted one damned thing SCOTUS has in front of it since Roberts illegally rewrote the ACA to illegally rule it "constitutional". This could go either way, and with one of the highest percentages of homosexuals in the country in DC, it's hard to tell what pressures are being brought to bear in chambers.

Nailed it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Speaking of gay Nazis, I see Ernst Röhm's 130th birthday is coming up in late November. Could someone please bake me a cake for the "alles gute zum Geburtstag" party I'm throwing?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

Speaking of gay Nazis, I see Ernst Röhm's 130th birthday is coming up in late November. Could someone please bake me a cake for the "alles gute zum Geburtstag" party I'm throwing?

That may require some long knives.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

That may require some long knives.
Casual attire -brown shirts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ColdSteelTalon

• Expanding humanity's carbon footprint since 1964!
I think not.  Christians are the ones discriminated against, and that's OK.  There should be a suit brought, but by whom?

Thats what I said by throwing the Christians out he opened himself up to a lawsuit.