Author Topic: Gay coffee shop owner kicks Christians out of cafe, goes on vulgar rant — it was all caught on video  (Read 12518 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As well it should.  My relationship with God demands I acknowledge the humanity of my neighbors.  His demands that he deny them service in his shop because he cannot bear the thought of two folks seeking to celebrate their covenant with each other. 

Does your relationship with God compel you to respect your neighbors as individuals, or to label them as abominations?     
Humanity is one thing. Asking him to help celebrate (revel in) their sin (wickedness and unclean desires*) is quite another.  (*That would be the biblical terminology for it. Forcing him to adopt your or their interpretation of that event and all it represents in any other terms denies him his right to his religious beliefs.)
Don't confuse Agape with Eros.

Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.   But there is no repentance, instead, glorying in these acts.
If I were a Muslim and not a Christian, my god would demand I threw them off a high building. You people don't know when you have it good.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:48:14 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Smokin Joe

If they ever found a homosexual gene, then the entire homosexual community would become staunchly pro-life over night.

Excellent point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I understand your position, but I cannot agree with it.  I won't go to a divorce party either for similar reasons.

A divorce represents the breaking of a vow, for many a vow taken before God Himself.   A divorce is nothing to celebrate.   

A wedding, on the other hand, represents the promise and commitment of two individuals to be there for each other, for better or for worse, in perpetuity.   Why isn't that worthy of being celebrated with a cake?   Why should a stranger with a religious bee up his behind be able to humiliate a couple for seeking such an affirmation of their commitment?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

A divorce represents the breaking of a vow, for many a vow taken before God Himself.   A divorce is nothing to celebrate.   

A wedding, on the other hand, represents the promise and commitment of two individuals to be there for each other, for better or for worse, in perpetuity.   Why isn't that worthy of being celebrated with a cake?   Why should a stranger with a religious bee up his behind be able to humiliate a couple for seeking such an affirmation of their commitment?

Because it is a commitment to sin.  Sorry you cannot see that.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Because it is a commitment to sin.  Sorry you cannot see that.

No, I can't see that.  If it's a sin, then it's between this couple and God.  Not some self-righteous baker with a religious axe to grind.   

Offline thackney

No, I can't see that.  If it's a sin, then it's between this couple and God.  Not some self-righteous baker with a religious axe to grind.

You don't help your brothers and sisters by helping them continue in sin.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If I were a Muslim and not a Christian, my god would demand I threw them off a high building. You people don't know when you have it good.

That's a vicious thing to say.  Although being dragged to death behind a pickup truck is no day at the beach either.  Plenty of Christian punks have beaten and even killed homosexuals and credited God with the inspiration. 

Offline thackney

Actually it is not the baker trying to change them, but is the baker trying to not be a part of it.  I wish you could see that difference.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You don't help your brothers and sisters by helping them continue in sin.

thackney, you're one of the good ones here.   I respect you and your opinions.  On this one,  I must respectfully disagree, and let it go at that.   

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)

Well and good. Both of you have good points. This is why we have courts. So you two don't have to take up arms to support your respective POVs. Clearly there is no absolute answer to this question about boundaries.

For me it's a clear-cut case of too much government intrusion. The bakers should have the right not to serve homosexuals looking for endorsement of their lifestyle on one of the baker's products. The homosexuals have the right to run or be customers of a business that does provide such things. Forcing people to do things they prefer not to do, without a morally compelling reason is idiotic.

Forcing someone to bake a cake for someone is not the same thing as forcing them to say, perform thoracic surgery to prevent them from dying. Government force is over-deployed in the private sector and it's time to remove it layer by layer so human beings can get back to doing what they want to do.

There are far too many legitimate issues requiring government force to maintain order to waste time/resources catering to pushy homos who are too lazy or stupid to find a bakery that WANTS their business.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:34:19 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline thackney

thackney, you're one of the good ones here.   I respect you and your opinions.  On this one,  I must respectfully disagree, and let it go at that.

I won't belabor it any more.  I will say, regardless of the infrequency seen, one can love another, be encouraging, while not encouraging a bad behavior.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I will say, regardless of the infrequency seen, one can love another, be encouraging, while not encouraging a bad behavior.

I can agree with that.   :beer:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
[Removed]

What are you talking about?  SJ made his remark before I made mine.   

But you know what?  I'll delete my post in the spirit of good faith.   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:13:30 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And would SoCons suddenly switch sides, too, if they had the ability to abort to prevent creating an abomination?

That is such a bullsh*t statement I don't know where to start.

If a Christian is against abortions they're against abortions no matter who it is.   They don't change their beliefs based on who it is being born.  We don't have situational ethics.

Even when 5 justices in black robes create a "right" out of thin air that says otherwise.

Clearly a fact you seem to not comprehend in all of the Unitarian psycho babble you've been spewing on here for quite some time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's a vicious thing to say.  Although being dragged to death behind a pickup truck is no day at the beach either.  Plenty of Christian punks have beaten and even killed homosexuals and credited God with the inspiration.
Well, then you shouldn't have any trouble providing examples. Kindly do so.

Then explain to me about the gentle and loving SOB who tried to molest my grandson.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, then you shouldn't have any trouble providing examples. Kindly do so.

Then explain to me about the gentle and loving SOB who tried to molest my grandson.

:2popcorn:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

So did I, so please edit my removed comment from your post? :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Name one.

And provide a link.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

The remark about Muslims throwing Gays off rooftops? That's their religion, not mine.

Mine just says I wouldn't custom craft a wedding cake for a homosexual "marriage". Nope. Don't believe in it. It's a sick parody of what The Almighty intended. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

That is such a bullsh*t statement I don't know where to start.

If a Christian is against abortions they're against abortions no matter who it is.   They don't change their beliefs based on who it is being born.  We don't have situational ethics.

Even when 5 justices in black robes create a "right" out of thin air that says otherwise.

Clearly a fact you seem to not comprehend in all of the Unitarian psycho babble you've been spewing on here for quite some time.

I have hesitated saying it, but it's clear that not only does @Jazzhead make spurious accusations of pro-lifers and Christians who actually believe what the Scriptures say, but that he has a deep seeded disdain of us.

Anyone who says that pro-lifers would support abortion to kill homosexuals has a disturbed soul.

And I don't say that lightly......

@txradioguy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:28:44 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have hesitated saying it, but it's clear that not only does @Jazzhead make spurious accusations of pro-lifers and Christians who actually believe what the Scriptures say, but that he has a deep seeded disdain of us.

Anyone who says that pro-lifers would support abortion to kill homosexuals has a disturbed soul.

And I don't say that lightly......

@txradioguy

@musiclady I agree.  I had to edit my comments a couple times to filter out some of what was passing from my brain to my fingers when I read that crap he posted.

Clearly he's not reading from the same set of scriptures we are.  He is more focused on social justice and being inclusive...than what is clearly written in the texts.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:37:44 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So did I, so please edit my removed comment from your post? :beer:

Done.  Thanks, CL.   :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Backatcha.  I noticed this thread has been getting a little heated, and it's bound to attract Mod attention if it keeps up.  It's why I stopped posting pretty much yesterday, I don't want to be the one who gets it locked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Backatcha.  I noticed this thread has been getting a little heated, and it's bound to attract Mod attention if it keeps up.  It's why I stopped posting pretty much yesterday, I don't want to be the one who gets it locked.

Come on and take one for the team!   :laugh:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)

Now THAT is more like it!! The far left would have all who describe themselves as Christians and conservatives at each other's throats over minutiae and tangential culture issues such as this.

What I would do if I was a Christian operating a bakery is any time any homosexual couple came in demanding a wedding cake, do it but make it as badly as possible without violating any law. That way, the law is satisfied (render unto Caesar) and the Christians dodge a bullet.

See, making someone a cake under threat of criminal prosecution is likely a sin that God will forgive. No, Christians shouldn't commit some LARGE sin (ex:murder) just because Caesar threatens us, but it might be better to keep a low profile on idiotic attacks like this than to walk right into the jaws of Inequity like a soldier stepping on a land mine. Nothing wrong with playing it cagey.

Imagine if a Christian came into a homosexual bakery and demanded a cake that said, "All Homosexuals Are Going to Hell!!" and the homo refused to give service. You think that Christian would run to a cop and start whining about legal rights? They'd just go somewhere else or bake it themselves.

Militant homos, as other anti-conservative fanatics are a disease that needs to be wiped off the face of the Earth. Some homos are normal decent people but the hard-left, militant homos are just takin' up space.

If I were emperor they would all be rounded up and defenestrated.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:32:56 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)