Author Topic: D.C. Decides Not To Appeal Decision Striking Down Restrictive Gun-Carry Law Provision  (Read 2056 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
freebeacon
Stephen Gutowski   
October 5, 2017 3:15 pm

'Good Reason' Clause To Be Discarded

[excerpt]

http://freebeacon.com/issues/d-c-decides-not-to-appeal-decision-striking-down-restrictive-gun-carry-law-provision/

The attorney general of Washington, D.C., announced on Thursday that the city would not appeal to the Supreme Court a federal appeals court decision striking down a provision in its strict gun-carry law.

"Public safety is, and has always been, my paramount concern," Attorney General Karl Racine said in a statement. "I continue to believe the District's ‘good reason' requirement is a common-sense, and constitutional, gun regulation. However, we must reckon with the fact that an adverse decision by the Supreme Court could have wide-ranging negative effects not just on District residents, but on the country as a whole."

Racine said he made the decision after consulting with elected officials in the city.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So the only reason they don't want to fight it is because of the bad precedent it would set, not what the citizens of their city want.  Must be Democrats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Must be Democrats.

The city itself is 10 feet to the left of Bernie Sanders.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I still tip my hat to them.   

They're afraid the entire country might become 'Dodge City'.

Even though statistics clearly show that concealed-carry States have the lowest murder rates and lower crime rates overall...IMO, we're only one bloody mass-shooting away from what could become essentially a hot Civil War.  Or Race War.

If the shooter had targeted a Hip-Hop/Black headliner venue, things would spiral quickly.  Especially if a performer turned out to be among the deceased.

+++++++++++++

My travels take me into dangerous D.C., and Baltimore neighborhoods.   And I'm virtually always there because the property is at some level in the forecloser process.  (sometimes I photograph homes where they've applied for an equity line..., where believe it or not, they're happy to see me.  LOL)

They look out their windows and see me taking front and angle pics...when they're 60 days or more behind?  I see 'pissed off' everyday.

But most of the time, the property is already vacant and I enter using a combo lockbox.  And some neighborhoods, unsavory dudes are drinking on the stoops/porches along the street.   

And they see some old white guy snapping street views and adjacent to subject views...back yard and alley views.

My sphincter is tightening already.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
I still tip my hat to them.   

They're afraid the entire country might become 'Dodge City'.

Even though statistics clearly show that concealed-carry States have the lowest murder rates and lower crime rates overall...IMO, we're only one bloody mass-shooting away from what could become essentially a hot Civil War.  Or Race War.

If the shooter had targeted a Hip-Hop/Black headliner venue, things would spiral quickly.  Especially if a performer turned out to be among the deceased.

+++++++++++++

My travels take me into dangerous D.C., and Baltimore neighborhoods.   And I'm virtually always there because the property is at some level in the forecloser process.  (sometimes I photograph homes where they've applied for an equity line..., where believe it or not, they're happy to see me.  LOL)

They look out their windows and see me taking front and angle pics...when they're 60 days or more behind?  I see 'pissed off' everyday.

But most of the time, the property is already vacant and I enter using a combo lockbox.  And some neighborhoods, unsavory dudes are drinking on the stoops/porches along the street.   

And they see some old white guy snapping street views and adjacent to subject views...back yard and alley views.

My sphincter is tightening already.    :laugh:

At least you don't have to worry about Chief Lanier's roadblock into that one neighborhood anymore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
At least you don't have to worry about Chief Lanier's roadblock into that one neighborhood anymore.

Didn't she resign to take the position of Head of Security for the NFL or some sports league?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/16/490268708/d-c-police-chief-cathy-lanier-resigns-to-lead-nfl-security
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:14:49 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Didn't she resign to take the position of Head of Security for the NFL or some sports league?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/16/490268708/d-c-police-chief-cathy-lanier-resigns-to-lead-nfl-security

Yeah she did.  Came as a surprise to me.  I remember she pissed a lot of people off when she started those road blocks and ID checks.