Author Topic: Google shows off wireless headphones that it says can translate languages on the fly  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Suppressed

Google shows off wireless headphones that it says can translate languages on the fly
  • Google released a line of new products on Wednesday.
  • When the Google Pixel Buds are paired with a new handset, the Google Pixel 2, the earbuds can tap into Google Assistant.
  • In addition to the translation of 40 languages, Google Assistant can also alert users to notifications, send texts and give directions.
Anita Balakrishnan   | @MsABalakrishnan
Published 19 Hours Ago  Updated 14 Hours Ago
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/04/google-translation-earbuds-google-pixel-buds-launched.html

[...]

When the Google Pixel Buds are paired with a new handset, the Google Pixel 2, the earbuds can tap into Google Assistant, Google's artificially intelligent voice-activated product.

In addition to the translation of 40 languages, Google Assistant can also alert users to notifications, send texts and give directions. The translation feature can be conjured by saying "help me speak French," or any other language, according to The Verge, which got a preview of the device.

[...]

The earbuds will be available in November for $159 but are available for preorder starting on Wednesday.

Excerpt.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

If it works as well as Googles voice to text tech, expect many wars to break out all over the world due to miscommunication.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

tagha' lo'laHbe' Human nobmeH jIHvaD vIyaj!
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.