Author Topic: Foo Fighters With Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up - London O2 Arena 19 September 2017  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

Hilarious.

Grohl is an interesting guy - he seems to be pretty sentimental, always bringing up legacy acts at his shows.

Offline Frank Cannon

Geez. Rick looks pretty good. That damn song is 30 years old now.

Offline skeeter

Geez. Rick looks pretty good. That damn song is 30 years old now.

He was pretty stiff at first but warmed up after a few minutes. No RickRolls, though.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hilarious.

Grohl is an interesting guy - he seems to be pretty sentimental, always bringing up legacy acts at his shows.

Very true. Dave Grohl is probably one of the best rockers out there right now, both as a person and a musician. He can play every instrument, always loves to work with his fans (like showing up at a random fan's birthday party he saw on twitter), and is a workhorse (4 bands at one time, plays through the show with a broken leg, still playing while the paramedic is setting his cast on stage). The stories about him giving in secret (or at least he tries to be secret) to those in need are very heartwarming (link below says he has given almost a billion dollars to children's charities (cancer related)). That must be almost everything he has made. Hell, I can't find a single negative thing about the guy.

https://www.spin.com/2012/06/10-reasons-why-dave-grohl-nicest-dude-rock/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:10:51 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline skeeter

Very true. Dave Grohl is probably one of the best rockers out there right now, both as a person and a musician. He can play every instrument, always loves to work with his fans (like showing up at a random fan's birthday party he saw on twitter), and is a workhorse (4 bands at one time, plays through the show with a broken leg, still playing while the paramedic is setting his cast on stage). The stories about him giving in secret (or at least he tries to be secret) to those in need are very heartwarming (link below says he has given almost a billion dollars to children's charities (cancer related)). That must be almost everything he has made. Hell, I can't find a single negative thing about the guy.

https://www.spin.com/2012/06/10-reasons-why-dave-grohl-nicest-dude-rock/

That must've been a surreal moment for that paramedic.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Hilarious.

Yup.  He is something!   :beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."