Author Topic: Pelosi Tells Ryan: It’s ‘Moral Duty’ to Create Special Congressional Committee on Gun Control  (Read 1302 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi Tells Ryan: It’s ‘Moral Duty’ to Create Special Congressional Committee on Gun Control

(CNSNews.com) - In the immediate wake of last night's mass shooting in Las Vegas--where at least 58 people were murdered and more than 500 were injured--House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) sent a letter [1] to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R.-Wisc.) saying that Congress “has a moral duty” to address what she called an “epidemic of gun violence.”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-tells-ryan-its-moral-duty-create-special-congressional

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't trust Ryan.  He'll trade this for a tax increase
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

That was my thinking as well.  He's going to cave to the left on this.  I'm waiting for the leftist mental midgets to begin their protests and make demands across the country ... it's what they do best.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Yes, what we need is a bigger, all powerful state. Problem solved.  22222frying pan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hasn't that b*tch seized up from the Botox yet? STFU Nan.

Over 1.9 million AR-15 rifles sold domestically from 2000 to 2010, and those were just as the AR-15 was gaining popularity. Figure over 4 million in the US now, in private hands. We haven't touched on the AK-47s, AK-74s, SKS, and a host of other rifles out there.

Hint: people did not spend all that money, especially in the Obama economy, to meekly surrender these firearms. Don't play with matches in a fuel dump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Thing that bothers me is that Pelosi and the rest of the Dems are allegedly in the minority; yet, they are still making demands and dictating policy.  When are the Republicans going to tell them to shut up and remind them they are no longer in charge? 

Or maybe the theory of the uniparty is right and the Republicans are just a part of it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The democrats owned the House, the Senate and the WH in 2009.  Why didn't they create a special congressional committee then?

Offline Smokin Joe

Thing that bothers me is that Pelosi and the rest of the Dems are allegedly in the minority; yet, they are still making demands and dictating policy.  When are the Republicans going to tell them to shut up and remind them they are no longer in charge? 

Or maybe the theory of the uniparty is right and the Republicans are just a part of it.
It bothers me, too. Pelosi has the mike because the DemMedia gives it to her. Still, I would love to see the pubbies grow a spine and tell the Dems they aren't running things any more, instead of get their back up at Conservatives. Caving on Gun Control will guarantee the pubbies lose seats.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Hasn't that b*tch seized up from the Botox yet? STFU Nan.

Over 1.9 million AR-15 rifles sold domestically from 2000 to 2010, and those were just as the AR-15 was gaining popularity. Figure over 4 million in the US now, in private hands. We haven't touched on the AK-47s, AK-74s, SKS, and a host of other rifles out there.

Hint: people did not spend all that money, especially in the Obama economy, to meekly surrender these firearms. Don't play with matches in a fuel dump.

@Smokin Joe
Facts don't matter to those who support gun control.   The debate is about feeelings.  We must do something to stop these bad feelings.  The government must take care of us.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mom MD

We do need a commission on gun control   We need to figure out how to control unconstitutional laws and statutes so we can get guns in the hands of as many law abiding citizens as want them.
Tell Pelosi great idea and open the commission!
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe
Facts don't matter to those who support gun control.   The debate is about feeelings.  We must do something to stop these bad feelings.  The government must take care of us.
Funny thing about those feelings. Gun owners have them too.
FMCDH.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

The democrats owned the House, the Senate and the WH in 2009.  Why didn't they create a special congressional committee then?

Because no single group politicizes a tragedy as deftly and as on cue as the donks.

They’re glad as heck to have armed guards protecting their lives, but aren’t at all adverse to milking an issue for political gain – whatever the impact on the constitution and our liberties.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think the guns themselves are the Dem's target this time.  Clinton gave up the game yesterday, when she tweeted how bad it could have been if the shooter used a noise suppressor (of course, she called it "silencer").  Where the heck did that come from?  Answer:  Republicans are trying to move a bill through Congress right now to lift the current restrictions on suppressors.

That's the bone Ryan's going to toss to the wolves.  Watch for it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:05:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, Nancy, it is a moral duty of citizens to resist as it is protected explicitly by the 2nd Amendment
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

Figures. In their minds automatic is akin to robotic firing on their own without an operator in the loop.  Of course everyone but these wacko libtards knows it take another kookjob to kill indiscriminately. They will NEVER blame the human, maybe because he’s one of their supporters.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I don't trust the POTUS on this either. He's been too easily swayed on other important issues for me to have confidence he won't use Las Vegas as a springboard to some kind of "reform".

I hope I'm wrong though.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

He's not on the top shelf when it comes to NRA ratings.  https://projects.propublica.org/guns/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't think the guns themselves are the Dem's target this time.  Clinton gave up the game yesterday, when she tweeted how bad it could have been if the shooter used a noise suppressor (of course, she called it "silencer").  Where the heck did that come from?  Answer:  Republicans are trying to move a bill through Congress right now to lift the current restrictions on suppressors.

That's the bone Ryan's going to toss to the wolves.  Watch for it.
Yep. No surprise. When the push went through to repeal the "Assault Weapons Ban", some anus breath blew up a Federal Building in Oklahoma and the whole push for repeal died. This sort of exploitation of crises is how the Dems keep from 'losing ground' with anything they do.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Figures. In their minds automatic is akin to robotic firing on their own without an operator in the loop.  Of course everyone but these wacko libtards knows it take another kookjob to kill indiscriminately. They will NEVER blame the human, maybe because he’s one of their supporters.
Keep in mind that to the hoplophobe, cyclic rate of fire is the number of bullets that come out the end, every minute. (Without regard for magazine size or overheating).

"High capacity magazines" are another item on their hit list. They may just go for the over 30 set instead of push for ten rounds.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

I’m convinced the libtards want to take away all guns and ammo to prevent a revolution when they regain power and really try to destroy this country even more than they have already.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

I’m convinced the libtards want to take away all guns and ammo to prevent a revolution when they regain power and really try to destroy this country even more than they have already.
Which is exactly why we have the second Amendment.  As O'Reilly put it, 'Freedom has a cost'.

Offline Fantom

Yep, democrats shoot us, and then the democrat/regressives disarm us.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yep, democrats shoot us, and then the democrat/regressives disarm us.
And worse part is the GOP is letting or even helping them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

Makes me think of this.

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/on_the_front_lines_of_the_culture_wars/2011/04/she-survived-hitler-and-wants-to-warn-america.html
Thank you for that link. I heard this lady speak at a local church many years ago and while I thought I was aware of the possibilities, have been acutely aware of them since.

C S Lewis