Author Topic: Celebrities Release New Ad Demanding Americans Give Up Our Guns  (Read 1171 times)

rangerrebew

Celebrities Release New Ad Demanding Americans Give Up Our Guns
By Onan Coca October 19, 2017

In a completely unoriginal, and stale format several of Hollywood’s most popular celebrities take to the small screen in an effort to condescend to Americans about guns.

(When I say condescend, I mean they absolutely think we are idiots. In one scene, the celebrities in the video actually imply that contacting your representatives can be hard or confusing to do. It’s as if they think that most Americans are complete morons who desperately need Hollywood to explain life to us.)

https://constitution.com/celebrities-release-new-ad-demanding-americans-give-guns/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Celebrities Release New Ad Demanding Americans Give Up Our Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:16:18 am »
If MGM can blame the guns, or even just the stocks, it takes the heat off their liability exposure.

All that's left, in the vacuum created by an unsure narrative and little data that would indicate a motive or some irrational or medical event, is the emotional need for some to find something to blame.

Thus, they blame the firearm and not the person wielding it.

Consider: 80,000,000 gun owners hurt no one, and of those few who did, it was often in defense of self, home, and family or even others who were being attacked.

To try to pressure Law-abiding Americans to divest themselves of rights and property because someone else misused their guns is like demanding Hollywood people ditch their limos because a muslim somewhere ran over a crowd.

We both know that isn't happening, either one. So, Hollywood denizens, when the virtue signalling is done, sit down, have a decaf, and save your breath for your next production so we can boycott it. Movies and television have done more damage to the moral fiber of America than all the guns combined.

How people who represent an industry which so consistently portrays and glorifies the abuse of firearms and violence in general can decry an organization which has promoted and trained people in the safe handling of guns is beyond me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »
Once again, I don't know who most of these celebrities are, but even if I did, why should I care what they think? 

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »
Do not let the left fool you.  They do not hate guns.  In fact, they LOVE guns.  The left just does not want YOU to have them.

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:00 pm »
Never heard of most of these so called celebs. But here they go telling us to text this place and let them tell us what to say to Congress. Just like them who make a living repeating others words. How many have armed security especially when working and how many live in gated communities? More people didn't get shot then did.