Author Topic: Picture of man kneeling during taps at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is sparking outrage following NFL protests  (Read 1953 times)

rangerrebew

Picture of man kneeling during taps at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is sparking outrage following NFL protests
The picture comes when kneeling during the national anthem is resulting in protests of the NFL.

by Editorial Staff · September 28, 2017

A photo taken on Sept. 27 that has gone viral while circulating among the online military community shows a man at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, kneeling down on one knee reportedly during the playing of taps, is outraging thousands.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/09/picture-of-man-kneeling-during-taps-at-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier-is-sparking-outrage-following-nfl-protests/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As someone who has made the announcement during a full honors wreath laying ceremony...the instructions are very clear...you are to remain "silent and STANDING" during the ceremony.

People are there not only to watch the changing of the guard ceremony, they are there to see a very hallowed spot in U.S. military history, the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier...and to pay their respects to the nameless soul who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.  It's not a place to make some vapid meaningless political statement.

The coward in the photo didn't even have the guts to do his little moronic knee bending stunt where everyone could see him.  He's off to the left...behind the chains and partially blocked by the warming shack.  If he'd been in plain view...the civilian security guards would have tossed his sorry @ss out of the cemetery.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why was I not surprised by the...............persuasion of the kneeler.

Offline Frank Cannon

This turn looks like he is used to kneeling.....when he is in the changing room of the bath house he frequents.

Offline jpsb

Are we sure he is protesting and not just tying his shoe laces or something?

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah right. They don't tie shoes in the hood....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yes.  The original photo was taken by a soldier that was visiting and posted to his FB account.  They've since cropped out the FB description of what was going on.

The idiot was most definitely NOT trying his shoe.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

I'm not sure how much better a job these protestors could do at making themselves utterly despised by the great majority of us.

Offline jpsb

Yes.  The original photo was taken by a soldier that was visiting and posted to his FB account.  They've since cropped out the FB description of what was going on.

The idiot was most definitely NOT trying his shoe.

OK, I just hate to get burned by jumping to the wrong conclusion. However disrespecting flag/country/vets at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is in very poor taste and should earn that a$$ a bloody nose at the minimum.

Offline skeeter

As someone who has made the announcement during a full honors wreath laying ceremony...the instructions are very clear...you are to remain "silent and STANDING" during the ceremony.

People are there not only to watch the changing of the guard ceremony, they are there to see a very hallowed spot in U.S. military history, the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier...and to pay their respects to the nameless soul who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.  It's not a place to make some vapid meaningless political statement.

The coward in the photo didn't even have the guts to do his little moronic knee bending stunt where everyone could see him.  He's off to the left...behind the chains and partially blocked by the warming shack.  If he'd been in plain view...the civilian security guards would have tossed his sorry @ss out of the cemetery.

The guy is obviously too stupid to consider that the unknown soldier he's disrespecting could just as easily be black as white.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
OK, I just hate to get burned by jumping to the wrong conclusion. However disrespecting flag/country/vets at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is in very poor taste and should earn that a$$ a bloody nose at the minimum.

@jpsb nah that's cool I understand.  I did ceremonies down at the Tomb for 4 years.  That moron is lucky that the guards were locked up at present arms for taps...they aren't above coming to the chains and telling someone to fix their sh*t.

They treat the guarding of the Unknowns as if it was a blood relative in those graves.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The guy is obviously too stupid to consider that the unknown soldier he's disrespecting could just as easily be black as white.

@skeeter excellent point.  The race of the unknown soldier is just that...unknown.  They used a Medal of Honor recipient from each of the wars  to pick one unknown soldier from 3-4 that are were up for consideration.  The person resting there...with the exception of the Vietnam unknown who has been identified as is now interred at the military cemetery at Jefferson barracks, MO...is truly "known but to God".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Besides being unpatriotic, can someone point out what is the common denominator of 99% of the protesters kneeling during our anthem to our flag?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:25:30 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

Besides being unpatriotic, can someone point out what is the common denominator of 99% of the protesters kneeling during our anthem to our flag?

Anger,
Over misperceived injustices.

Or perhaps correctly perceived ones, too...but they are just acting out inappropriately.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Anger,
Over misperceived injustices.

Or perhaps correctly perceived ones, too...but they are just acting out inappropriately.
Oh, I was supposing something quite different.  Perhaps ingrained submissive types.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

He was recording the ceremony on his phone. The kneel could have been to brace the phone.

Offline skeeter

I'm really getting tired of this collective guilt thing.  Let's dig up all the guilt of blacks throughout history and saddle their offspring with it.  It's just stupid.  It is the epitome of both injustice and racism.  Every human being faces challenges and mistreatment in life (and they dish out some themselves).  Every race and ethnic group has dirt in its past.  Be better.

And, ironically, its only those screaming the loudest about racism who dare attribute negative traits to others based only upon the color of their skin these days.

Offline endicom

Yes.  The original photo was taken by a soldier that was visiting and posted to his FB account.

"Katie Wiederhoeft who took the original photo noted that she was so taken aback she didn’t ask the young man why he was kneeling. She noted that he was filming with his phone as well."

"Katie Wiederhoeft added the caption to the photo:

On our way back from NYC we stopped overnight in DC, one of my favorite places. So rich in history, it’s beautiful, and so clean!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He was recording the ceremony on his phone. The kneel could have been to brace the phone.

That's complete bull

Offline jpsb

@jpsb nah that's cool I understand.  I did ceremonies down at the Tomb for 4 years.  That moron is lucky that the guards were locked up at present arms for taps...they aren't above coming to the chains and telling someone to fix their sh*t.

They treat the guarding of the Unknowns as if it was a blood relative in those graves.

bump

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Katie Wiederhoeft who took the original photo noted that she was so taken aback she didn’t ask the young man why he was kneeling. She noted that he was filming with his phone as well."

"Katie Wiederhoeft added the caption to the photo:

On our way back from NYC we stopped overnight in DC, one of my favorite places. So rich in history, it’s beautiful, and so clean!"

*ahem*

SALUTE TRENDING: Taking a knee during the national anthem at major league sporting events has garnered national attention by way of support for some, and outrage for others.
A combat veteran who was visiting Arlington National Cemetery yesterday at the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier with his daughter snapped a photo of a man kneeling during the playing of TAPS.

https://www.facebook.com/salute.media/photos/pcb.1946528492269072/1946528462269075/?type=3&theater

The procedure is you remain silent and standing (unless you are disabled and in a wheel chair).  There is no variance in that if you are to attend a ceremony of any type at the Tomb.

There is absolutely ZERO exceptions for any type of filming.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:26:45 pm by txradioguy »

Offline endicom

That's complete bull

That the kneeler was filming with his phone is from the article.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That the kneeler was filming with his phone is from the article.

And that changes the rules how exactly???

I don't give a rats @ss if he was filming or not...there's no justification or exemptions allowed.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:29:47 pm by txradioguy »

Offline endicom

And that changes the rules how exactly???

I don't give a rats @ss if he was filming or not...there's no justification or exemptions allowed.

Geee....

I said the kneel could have been to brace the phone. That would mean he was not emulating the football protest kneel. That's all I said.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Geee....

I said the kneel could have been to brace the phone. That would mean he was not emulating the football protest kneel. That's all I said.

Understood perfectly what you were saying. Doesn't change the fact it's not allowed