Author Topic: The $100,000 Luxury Ford F-450 Truck: An Idea Whose Time Has Come  (Read 1325 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The $100,000 Luxury Ford F-450 Truck: An Idea Whose Time Has Come
« on: September 29, 2017, 05:21:18 pm »
One would think that this trend in high dollar luxury trucks would be pricing themselves out of markets, but it seems the more manufacturers make them, the more people buy them. Around this neighborhood, $70K luxury trucks are a dime a dozen. People are foregoing their Mercedes and BMWs for trucks.

It is time. We knew the luxo-truck onslaught that’s been wreaking havoc across this great nation was going to bring us to this moment. But now, it’s finally here: Ford has thrown down the gauntlet with its new “Super Duty Limited” line, whose crown jewel is an F-450 that can cost over $100,000.

With the Texas State Fair coming up tomorrow, Ford’s new Super Duty Limited line offers Texans three new ways to spend their hard-earned cash on Super Duty trucks. They can buy an $80,835 F-250 Super Duty Limited, an $82,010 F-350 Super Duty Limited, or the crème de la crème model, the F-450 Super Duty Limited (all of which are 4x4s)......

https://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-100-000-luxury-ford-f-450-truck-an-idea-whose-tim-1818972116

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The $100,000 Luxury Ford F-450 Truck: An Idea Whose Time Has Come
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 05:48:42 pm »
Women these days seem to be drawn toward the guy with the big truck. It's a status symbol.

It used to be considered, er, compensating.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:59:01 pm »
Women these days seem to be drawn toward the guy with the big truck. It's a status symbol.

I think it is just the age-old attraction to money and power (evolutionary 'provider' attraction) and the type of vehicle one drives in modern American culture, often is a reflection of one's wealth and status.  I always heard the over-compensating jokes from those who were just jealous they didn't have the big truck.

Down here, good old Texas girls also like to get out mudding and driving trucks as much as the boys. At that, one of the most expensive trucks in town, big old jacked up Dodge with every bell and whistle you can imagine and then some (she probably spent $20K on the stereo alone), is driven by a cute country girl with a big sticker on the back that reads 'Silly boys, trucks are for girls'.  Although the sticker should probably read 'Daddy's Money'.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:00:47 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 06:18:24 pm »
Meanwhile worldwide a hot and lucrative market, is the luxury SUV.

New offerings abound, including Bentley, Lambo, Jag just to cite a few.

More brands, more sizes, more features, etc.

Bentley, $231,000, 600 HP, top speed 187
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 06:23:28 pm »
Ok I have serious truck envy.   
God is still in control

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »
One would think that this trend in high dollar luxury trucks would be pricing themselves out of markets, but it seems the more manufacturers make them, the more people buy them. Around this neighborhood, $70K luxury trucks are a dime a dozen. People are foregoing their Mercedes and BMWs for trucks.
Not necessarily if Mercedes drops its prohibition.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/18/mercedes-benz-x-class-revealed-the-mercedes-of-pickup-trucks/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:33 pm »
Down here, good old Texas girls also like to get out mudding and driving trucks as much as the boys. At that, one of the most expensive trucks in town, big old jacked up Dodge with every bell and whistle you can imagine and then some (she probably spent $20K on the stereo alone), is driven by a cute country girl with a big sticker on the back that reads 'Silly boys, trucks are for girls'.  Although the sticker should probably read 'Daddy's Money'.
Speaking of bumper stickers on trucks, I like this one:

I GOT THIS TRUCK FOR MY WIFE
            Pretty good trade, huh?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

So what's a woman with a big car mean?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 09:54:14 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

So what's a woman with a big car mean?

If she's pulling into a parking lot with you, keep driving. :)