Author Topic: The Age Old "Hatchet Man Story"  (Read 491 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Age Old "Hatchet Man Story"
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:29:14 pm »
Interesting VERY Interesting ! The Age Old "Hatchet Man Story" rondoids.com/2017/08/interesting-very-interesting-age-old.html

"Apparently, liberals and never-Trumpers are so isolated in their political circles that they have no concept how things work in the real world of business and corporate America . For example, they completely fail to grasp the concept of the "hatchet man."     
    Allow me to explain:
    Say you are a business tycoon. You just successfully completed a large-scale acquisition and merger, bringing together multiple smaller companies into one conglomerate. After the merger, you want to put your own people in charge of everything. However, all those smaller companies had their own executives - and, at least for the short term - you need to keep many of them around the keep things running. So, you keep many of those executives around, and let them retain their own senior staff. You even appoint one of them - the head of the largest of the companies you acquired - to be the CEO of the conglomerate, and he pledges to get all the departments working together harmoniously.
    After a transition period, some of them are doing fine in the new conglomerate - but others are clearly causing trouble. In fact, the one you appointed CEO is clearly a disaster. The newly merged departments are working against each other.- see link below -

http://www.rondoids.com/2017/08/interesting-very-interesting-age-old.html

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:53:50 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: The Age Old "Hatchet Man Story"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:30:31 pm »

Interesting perspective by a fellow that is not a professional journalist, etc.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:42:01 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:10 pm »
Remember to excerpt:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,283034.0.html

It is written by a local guy, who is probably running for city council.

It is from his blog. It posted in in full, on a community FB page.

He DID GIVE PERMISSION to share it.

If it must be excerpted, so be it.

I corrected the link.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:15:52 pm »
   I like it @truth_seeker, thanks for posting.
   He could have made the same point without throwing the NT label (whatever that is) around a couple of times, IMHO
   But the summation kicked my azz.     
Trump will win 47 states in 2020. The left will be scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happened. And you'll be able to look back and say, "Hey, some of us told you all this back in 2017."
I want some of what this guy is smoking.
 :patriot:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »
   I like it @truth_seeker, thanks for posting.
   He could have made the same point without throwing the NT label (whatever that is) around a couple of times, IMHO
   But the summation kicked my azz.       I want some of what this guy is smoking.
 :patriot:

I did NOT write the story. I came on my FB feed, from a local community page, by a guy that I think is running for our city council (and stands a good chance to win).

I think the prediction for 2020 is partly tongue in cheek; but based on the premise that while Trump's methods confound many, they nevertheless work.

Link to Scott Adams (almost daily) chats "Coffee With Scott Adams" which I have started following some.

https://www.pscp.tv/ScottAdamsSays/1lDxLmXnbNoKm