Author Topic: Trump Has ESPN Thinking They’re Actually CNN  (Read 719 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump Has ESPN Thinking They’re Actually CNN
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:57 pm »

The Daily Caller
PETER HASSON
5:11 PM 09/25/2017

ESPN turned into a running political talk show on Monday that centered around one man: President Trump.

Trump’s battle with the NFL over national anthem protests dominated ESPN’s morning and afternoon shows, which at times sounded more like CNN than a sports channel. ESPN’s analysts were overwhelmingly critical of the president.

ESPN host Stephen A. Smith claimed during one segment that Trump’s attack on the NFL was part of a nefarious “grand scheme” from the president.

“I personally believe Donald Trump has a grand scheme, I think his aspiration is to own a network when this is all said and done and make sure he has his strong-arm of influence,” Smith said. “That is a different story for a different day.” He also compared Trump’s response to the national anthem protests to the comments he made on violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/espn-turns-into-a-daylong-anti-trump-talk-show-video/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump Has ESPN Thinking They’re Actually CNN
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »
I think ESPN is eating this up. Remember what they said a short while back: It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they are talking about you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:10:31 pm »
I think ESPN is eating this up. Remember what they said a short while back: It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they are talking about you.

Their ratings are dropping like a rock.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

Their ratings are dropping like a rock.

People can't watch ESPN anymore. After five minutes of droning on about Washington D.C., or racism, or Trump, or some election somewhere, it's time to get the remote. That's not why I'm here.

I don't see ESPN playing in bars anymore. Because the channel is no longer about sports. It is about politics. I don't want to listen to that crap while I'm drinking a brew and shooting pool.

The very last thing the owner wants in his bar is for a bunch of drunk guys to start talking about racism and Trump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.