Author Topic: The Latest: At least 100 NFL players kneel or sit in protest  (Read 3598 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Latest: At least 100 NFL players kneel or sit in protest
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 11:04:01 am »
Anyway, did anyone else notice how quickly everyone forgot to be offended by the name of that football team in Washington (and I don't mean the Seahawks)?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 12:29:20 pm »
Anyway, did anyone else notice how quickly everyone forgot to be offended by the name of that football team in Washington (and I don't mean the Seahawks)?
Well  it wasn't these guys....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2013/11/25/redskins-honor-members-of-the-navajo-code-talker-association/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 12:32:53 pm »
Well  it wasn't these guys....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2013/11/25/redskins-honor-members-of-the-navajo-code-talker-association/

Is this pic current?

That's RGIII's #10 in the background on the fan's jersey.  (although it's a red jersey and not burgundy) 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 12:34:07 pm »
Is this pic current?

That's RGIII's #10 in the background on the fan's jersey.  (although it's a red jersey and not burgundy)
No fooling fans. It is from 2013 when the team honored the Code Talkers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:43 pm »
No fooling fans. It is from 2013 when the team honored the Code Talkers.

:laugh:

I was thinking it was the Falcon's stadium...but was too lazy to look up who wore #10.

Would be surprised if any Skins' fans are still wearing it today.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2017, 05:08:35 pm »
Makes me wonder about the racists... 100 players took the knee. According to Google there are 1600 players. I saw that 70% of the NFL is black, meaning that probably close to 1000 black players didn't take the knee. Are they "n-words" too?

Every team was not playing Sunday.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 05:11:08 pm »

Pretty soon they will be going after the "Washington", because he was a slave owner.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27:13 pm »
OTOH......

32 teams times 40 man roster = 1280 players

< than liberal news outlets could have reported this as :

UP TO 1180 PLAYERS CHOOSE TO NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN UN-PATRIOTIC PROTEST

The headline now says over 200.  It was 100 originally, but not all games had been played.

The article says "The league has 1,696 players on active rosters."

Also, so far as I could tell, they were referring to only those who knelt.  IMO, locking arms or doing anything but acting respectfully like a proper American is unpatriotic.

What disgusts me is why if they're pickled off at the president they feel the need to disrespect the nation to get their point across.  Would it kill them to save their emotions for the post game show, tweeter, etc?  A-holes.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2017, 06:35:05 pm »
Some teams chose instead of a public protest  (kneeling or sitting)  to stay in the locker room until after the anthem, which is what the Seahawks, Titans, Steelers,  and some other teams did Sunday.   I think I would prefer the locker room option vs. the pathetic public protest. What our mom's called the "if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all" option.

Up until 2009 the teams remained in the locker room until the anthem. Maybe they should just return to that and make it required across the NFL.   That would at least end this silliness.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2017, 06:44:52 pm »
Up until 2009 the teams players remained in had the option of remaining in the locker room until [after] the anthem.

@NavyCanDo

If you look at footage of games from back then, you'll see players standing respectfully on the sidelines.  Those of us who attended games can recall that, too.

For example, skip ahead to 1:02 at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi-cuPKeEwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi-cuPKeEwg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 06:45:51 pm »
...Up until 2009 the teams remained in the locker room until the anthem. Maybe they should just return to that and make it required across the NFL.   That would at least end this silliness.

I don't believe that is true.  Here is a video from 2008 showing players on the field during the anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0kvlJQQRI
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »
Up until 2009 the teams remained in the locker room until the anthem. Maybe they should just return to that and make it required across the NFL.   That would at least end this silliness.

No they didn't.  I can't tell you how many NFL games I've watched where they were on the sidelines for the anthem.  They had to be because they immediately got ready for kickoff.

The NFL tightly scripts these games and fines teams if certain things don't happen within a certain amount of time.

At one point the fine for an NFL team was $17K per second a half time show ran over during a game.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 11:07:17 pm »
I don't believe that is true.  Here is a video from 2008 showing players on the field during the anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0kvlJQQRI

Sounds like I passed on fake news seen on Facebook. You guys are corrrect, players were on the field prior to 2009. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:09:11 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 11:47:58 pm »
Sounds like I passed on fake news seen on Facebook. You guys are corrrect, players were on the field prior to 2009.

No worries...happens to all of us at some point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!