Author Topic: The Latest: At least 100 NFL players kneel or sit in protest  (Read 3600 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Latest: At least 100 NFL players kneel or sit in protest
« on: September 24, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »

By The Associated Press
39 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the sports world reacting to President Donald Trump’s remarks about pro football (all times Eastern): 1 p.m.

NFL players used the national anthem to show their defiance to President Donald Trump’s criticism, with at least 100 players kneeling or sitting in protest and one team staying in the locker room.

Most teams in the early afternoon games locked arms in solidarity. At least three team owners joined their players.

More than 100 players sat or knelt, the form of protest started last season by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick is now a free agent, and supporters believe teams have avoided signing him because of his protest.

The Pittsburgh Steelers remained in the locker room as the national anthem played before their game with the Chicago Bears. Coach Mike Tomlin stood by himself on the sideline.

https://www.apnews.com/dc7ba43160d049eca3a0460d093ad8e1/The-Latest:-At-least-100-NFL-players-kneel-or-sit-in-protest
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Latest: At least 100 NFL players kneel or sit in protest
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 06:21:27 pm »
Exactly as predicted, this has now become an anti-Trump issue. Right on cue.
Trump has successfully taken it over.

Now we are all free to forget about 'Pig' cops, and all those poor little oppressed innocent Black men, who never do anything wrong, of course.

I wonder how Kaepernick feels about Trump stealing his protest. LOL! BLM must be pissed.

Whether or not Trump was trying to do this or not (he had to know this would happen), it is now just another anti-Trump thing like you can see everyday on MSNBC and CNN, and all the rest.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:28:41 pm »
Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva (spelling) came out and stood for the anthem, he served in Afghanistan.

I see in one of the games, they showed maybe how some kids were going to come out at half time; the kneelers certainly are a poor example for the kids.

If 100 players kneeled, that's got to be about half at least. I read one team locked arms and stood. That's a bit better; not sure how to read that.

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 06:43:04 pm »
11:45 a.m.

A handful of Miami Dolphins players are wearing black T-shirts supporting free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick during pregame warm-ups.

The shirts have “#IMWITHKAP” written in bold white lettering on the front.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:50 pm »
Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva (spelling) came out and stood for the anthem, he served in Afghanistan.

I see in one of the games, they showed maybe how some kids were going to come out at half time; the kneelers certainly are a poor example for the kids.

If 100 players kneeled, that's got to be about half at least. I read one team locked arms and stood. That's a bit better; not sure how to read that.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,282641.0.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 06:49:30 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure all those Cubans in Miami will appreciate the Dolphins supporting that Che lover.

Offline threadbender

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 07:04:58 pm »
Let me state upfront, I do not watch football and haven't for many years. That said, I just don't get it! If I insult my boss on company time, I would be fired. If I insult a customer, I get fired. If I bad mouth the company publicly, I get fired. This is not, or shouldn't be, political. It is a simple employee/employer issue. I know that is naive but, it just astounds me that so many are saying it is a 1st A issue but it isn't! They can say/do what they wish. But, the employer should be able to distribute consequences. Again, I don't get it.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
11:45 a.m.

A handful of Miami Dolphins players are wearing black T-shirts supporting free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick during pregame warm-ups.

However, if their shirts said, "IMWITHJESUS" or "SUPPORTURPOLICE", the players would have been fined. It is clear that the leadership of professional football has decided to side full force with the Leftist, Antifa, BLM, anti-America, anti-Trump, anti-Police, anti-Christian, crowd. And the strangest part of the whole thing is, most Leftist do not watch football at all. The only thing this will accomplish is to drive away their base just like ESPN has done and is still doing.

Next on the agenda, the American Flag will be banned in the parking lot of all stadiums. No more flying the flag while you are tailgating. And the rumor is, the NFL are currently trying to book some Antifa mob, or a BLM mob, to do a half-time show.

The vast majority of these wacko groups they have decided to side with don't watch NASCAR and they don't watch football. Oh well, if they want to go down with the ship then more power to them. It doesn't affect me.

It is kind of fun to watch this play out, from afar that is. I wouldn't be involved in any part of the football industry today. It is just going to get more and more crazy, and will absolutely lead to violence eventually.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:10:44 pm by 240B »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 07:12:40 pm »
Let me state upfront, I do not watch football and haven't for many years. That said, I just don't get it! If I insult my boss on company time, I would be fired. If I insult a customer, I get fired. If I bad mouth the company publicly, I get fired. This is not, or shouldn't be, political. It is a simple employee/employer issue. I know that is naive but, it just astounds me that so many are saying it is a 1st A issue but it isn't! They can say/do what they wish. But, the employer should be able to distribute consequences. Again, I don't get it.

@threadbender   Unfortunately, an employer never dumps his/her moneymaker.  And the players are the moneymakers.

To have an impact on this "situation", the fans have to affect the employer's bottom line.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 07:24:40 pm »
Average <******************>(NFL) player currently makes $2 million per year. Stadiums are filled by white people.

Every $dollar lost from attendance and advertising is almost all profit.

Eventually somebody will need to say uncle. They simply cannot afford to pay players for games not attended or watched.

I vow to keep doing my part.

Mod note:  Yesterday you were up against the line with that, and after some debate we left it alone.  Today it's over the line, and I suggest you knock it off.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:33:38 pm by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 07:28:41 pm »
@threadbender   Unfortunately, an employer never dumps his/her moneymaker.  And the players are the moneymakers.

To have an impact on this "situation", the fans have to affect the employer's bottom line.

They wear the laundry,  anyone can wear the laundry and the fans will cheer for them, as long as they wear the "right" laundry.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »

Karma, Bitches!   They lost to the frickin' Jets.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:12 pm »
This is stupid.  First, I despise their anti-patriotism.  It is vile, selfish, arrogant, and a bunch of other things.  But let them make fools of themselves and the rest of us can disrespect it.  They are overpaid narcissists who might even be suffering from brain damage from all that football.   So hate our country.  I'll think you are a jerk and not want you to win your game.  The end.  Why is this political?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »
If the BLM ghetto thugs want to play their separatist and supremacy game, then go ahead. Ignore them, boycott them, ridicule them, shun them. Their supporters can go back to their hood and live in squalor forever, and die when the FedGov runs out of money to foot their welfare.

We've had immigrants of all stripes flooding in here for a generation now, the Jackson-Sharpton-BLM grifter crowd is no longer even a blip on the radar to me anymore. Get with the melting pot or get off the stage.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 09:26:49 pm »
Amen. Besides the obvious - not buying tickets to NFL (or NBA games, but who can afford them?) - we should not buy any of the NFL or team-licensed merchandise. Don't get your child or grandchild that Antonio Brown jersey he's been wanting for Christmas. Don't buy a Patriots ballcap.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:28 pm »
This is stupid.  First, I despise their anti-patriotism.  It is vile, selfish, arrogant, and a bunch of other things.  But let them make fools of themselves and the rest of us can disrespect it.  They are overpaid narcissists who might even be suffering from brain damage from all that football.   So hate our country.  I'll think you are a jerk and not want you to win your game.  The end.  Why is this political?

I've got a feeling they're about to learn the meaning of 'Shut up and sing'.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 10:01:18 pm »

Texans lock arms during national anthem  http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-lock-arms-during-national-anthem-12224656.php

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 10:29:41 pm »
Texans lock arms during national anthem  http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-lock-arms-during-national-anthem-12224656.php

I don't know what to make of that either.  While standing is preferable to kneeling, it's difficult to place one's hand on one's heart with arms locked.  There's still some disrespect for the flag.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 10:31:15 pm »
I saw a photo of one player kneeling during the anthem - with his hand over his heart. Mixed signals!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 10:39:32 pm »
I don't know what to make of that either.  While standing is preferable to kneeling, it's difficult to place one's hand on one's heart with arms locked.  There's still some disrespect for the flag.

Trump: 'Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-players-blast-trump-kneeling-players-fired/story?id=50037845

Offline chae

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 10:43:53 pm »
According to Shaun King on Twitter, : A player from the Cowboys just made it clear that they've all gotten the message that taking a knee with put them "on the shit list".

So far my "Boys are the only team to not have displayed any form of protest pre-game so far.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 10:44:03 pm »
You want to take a knee?
©Stanislaus Drew 8/24/17

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn.  Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon...Anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles.There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress...Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. They represent the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

But there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032855832
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 10:45:06 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 10:50:49 pm »
What to make of that.

Ummmm.  Trump trying to recover from stepping on his d***?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »

I've read today that not until President Obama inked a deal with the NFL with MILLIONS of $$$, did the the team members stand on the sideline during the National Anthem.  That was in 2009.

Prior to that, they were stretching or doing their football prep.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald