Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 14801 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 06:10:50 am »
Once again, Trump sets the trap, and the Left falls right into it.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 06:14:14 am »
They could be after the 5th.  Rockies have always been a tough nut for us. ^-^

I hope the Rockies are still around because I'm not going to be watching the Broncos for the first time in 40 years
God is still in control

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 06:26:16 am »
Once again, Trump sets the trap, and the Left falls right into it.
You know why that is right?  President Trump trips them up...They're all out to get him, so when he mentions an African country like "Labia" the liberals and news media start screaming there is no country in Africa named "Labia,"  but that is the fake news for you.  According to Sean Hannity "Labia is located south of the frenular delta."

Offline DB

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:16 am »
Trump took things from simmer to boil is short order. Adding himself to the pot.

At some point things are going to come apart.

Hard to say what the result will be.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2017, 10:22:28 am »
Trump took things from simmer to boil is short order. Adding himself to the pot.

At some point things are going to come apart.

Hard to say what the result will be.

Whatever the results it won't be good.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:19 am »
No argument here. But let's remember it was Obama who lit the stove.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:37 am »
Whatever the results it won't be good.

FoxNews has this up on their site: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/25/ww2-veteran-97-kneels-in-support-protesting-athletes.html

So now this is morphing into a right to protest - never mind these people are employees doing their protesting on the employers time...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 11:03:37 am »
What the hell are they protesting? I doubt any of them have a clue.

This all started as Kaepernick's protest against the treatment of black men by police officers. What the heck does the national anthem have to do with whatever local police officers do? And how did kneeling, hiding in the lockerroom, linking arms or stretching (LeSean McCoy, ahem) during the Star Spangled Banner change anything about alleged police brutality?

:banging:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2017, 11:43:47 am »
What the hell are they protesting? I doubt any of them have a clue.

This all started as Kaepernick's protest against the treatment of black men by police officers. What the heck does the national anthem have to do with whatever local police officers do? And how did kneeling, hiding in the lockerroom, linking arms or stretching (LeSean McCoy, ahem) during the Star Spangled Banner change anything about alleged police brutality?

:banging:

???

"...with LIBERTY and JUSTICE FOR ALL!"

[don't agree with it...but that's what the Muslim sympathizer Kaepernick based it upon)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »
6 NFL players protested during the National Anthem last week; about 150 this week.   Presumably, that's unintended consequences from this President’s rhetoric.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the next unintended consequence is the ceasing of the anthem at many sporting events.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 12:44:06 pm »
FoxNews has this up on their site: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/25/ww2-veteran-97-kneels-in-support-protesting-athletes.html

So now this is morphing into a right to protest - never mind these people are employees doing their protesting on the employers time...

This is going to get out of control in a hurry.  My fear is that it will spread to the military.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline endicom

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »
I wouldn’t be surprised if the next unintended consequence is the ceasing of the anthem at many sporting events.

Aw, poor Woodrow Wilson.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 01:40:58 pm »
I wouldn’t be surprised if the next unintended consequence is the ceasing of the anthem at many sporting events.

I was thinking that is exactly where this is headed.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 02:04:39 pm »
Karl has been wrong on Trump before.   :tongue2:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 02:06:56 pm »
Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’

This is reassuring.  Karl Rove is always wrong.   Karl Rove is an imbecile.  He was the biggest thing wrong with Bush's administration. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 02:14:05 pm »

@DB

This is one of the ones I was referring to last night, how this is being used by the Left to sway middle-of-the-roaders.  The big push is that "it's patriotic to protest," and that "the anti-Americans are the anti-Protesters".  Look for many veterans saying they fought for the right to protest.

I agree with @txradioguy that the spread to the military is a real concern.  Trump has taken a small smoldering ember and fanned it into a brushfire.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:16:32 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:44 pm »
I agree with @txradioguy that the spread to the military is a real concern.

Spread what to the military? What is there is there and if anything has been spread to the military then that was spread by prior administrations.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 02:52:37 pm »

Spread what to the military? What is there is there and if anything has been spread to the military then that was spread by prior administrations.

What I meant was that I could see the taking a knee during the Anthem or simply refusing to stand up spread to military functions where a soldier decides to support what football players are doing now.

There's been a lot of SJW teaching gs and rhetoric spread through the military for the last 8 years.

You're going to have a few who decide they are the military version of Colin Kapernick.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »
The leftist media will find a new love in Rove, and will dance delighted to the tune of the NFL laying Trump to waste, but in a couple years, when the chips are finally counted, it will be the NFL Owners who are going to be known as the losers.  This doesn't just piss off Republicans, it pisses off a good share of Dems, too.

I say that as a non-fan of Trump, and I don't even know if this was a smart thing for him to do.  I just now he's being out-dumbed by the owners and players of the NFL.  I feel bad for the real popcorn concessionaires who are stuck in the middle and are going to get hurt.
What Trump did was stir the fecal matter...but he didn't create it. Not a Trump fan, but I support the office of the president.  Trump shouldn't be making direct statements to pro athletes and their teams about hiring and firing. 
But it is alright and to be commended for the president to a symbol of what the country stands and say things supporting it.
What Trump said was a little over the line, but he was defending the country, and I'll give him credit for that.
I have no respect for the players whatsoever  and believe what they're doing damages the country far more than what Trump says. And I'll add I now detest all the team owners and big shots who are virtue-signaling as fast as they can.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »
Karl has been wrong on Trump before.   :tongue2:

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2017, 02:58:36 pm »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care.

Based on that, maybe the NFL, NBA, and ESPN, are also willing to sacrifice anything to keep 'the agenda' of hating America and, of course, President Trump going. The biggest difference is that Hollywood and music play to the Left. That is where the Left dwells. It is their environment. Whereas sports are not normally a big part of the Leftist world. Sports audiences are dominated mostly by the Right. So, they may not be able to sustain it as Hollywood has.

Everything WAS fine. If someone in sports management is orchestrating this to stir up division, they are taking a huge bet. I don't know what they are thinking or what they have planned, but for the life of me I cannot see any upside to all of this for anyone in the sports industry. It seems like a needless disruption that can only end in audience/revenue losses.

NFL decline over the last few years
- weird rules changes
- slow play/action = long drawn out games
- player behavior off field
- the concussion issue
- general bad reputation of so many players
- banning any display of Americanism/Patriotism/Christianity/Police or Military support
- and others...

Take all of this and mix in anti-Americanism and open anti-White Racism into the pot. Then add a big steaming helping of Politics and throw that in. Wow. That is stinky brew they're mixing up. Who do they think is going to drink it?

The NFL is so quick to ban little tiny things that either no one cares about or is something that would actually boost the game. A yet they support an active major disruption to the game by anti-American thugs? It makes absolutely no sense at all no matter how you look at it.

Someone from Mars would assume that management is either mentally challenged, or they are deliberately trying to commit suicide.

I don't know. I remain confused why no one why up there in the chain of command in the NFL doesn't say, "Ok kids. You've had your little 'outburst' or whatever. Now it's time to get back to the game."

But they won't do it. In fact they seem to support it. Are they crazy? I guess they want to go down with the ship for their cause, or causes or whatever this is about. They are willing to take the hits for this while nobody is completely sure even what it is they are fighting for? What is the goal? What is the expected outcome? There isn't a defined point.

They are protesting for the sake of protesting. Nothing more. And their 'enabler' parents are letting them get away with it. How can anyone solve a problem if the person complaining doesn't even know what they are mad about or what they want done? The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can.
"The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can."
 :thumbsup3:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2017, 03:01:25 pm »
This story is doing a fantastic job of keeping "0bamacare repeal" failure off of the front pages.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2017, 03:04:19 pm »
This story is doing a fantastic job of keeping "0bamacare repeal" failure off of the front pages.
That, and a few dozen other national and international stories that are more important than millionaire athletes acting like children.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »
Especially when you stop and consider what that "peace" would look like.  This isn't just about refusing to honor the flag, it's a show of support for Black Lives Matter (and Antifa).  BLM has stated their goal is to crush all Police and render them unable to ever arrest a black person for any crime, and loot the rest of the country as "reparations."  Imagine what that would be like.

There would be no "peace," it would be out-and-out warfare in our urban areas.  Racist vigilantes would be sucked into the vacuum created, just for starters.

My prediction?  As of now, demographers say black folk are about 13% of the country.  That number would be 10% of a significantly reduced total after.  A lot of people would die needlessly, and black people would be even worse off than they think they are today.
"it would be out-and-out warfare in our urban areas"

Nobody except the fringe nuts on both sides wants that.
However, as someone who was a liberal as a teen in the sixties chiefly due to the civil rights issues, it is deeply disturbing to see that for intents and purposes integration has failed.
Blacks on college campi across the country demand separate dorms, buildings, and services.
75% of blacks in a recent poll support the demonstrations at games.
Where does that leave us?
I'm beginning to think maybe separation might be a good idea if only to teach American blacks where their bread is buttered. There won't be much butter or bread if left to their own devices. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 03:07:53 pm »
"it would be out-and-out warfare in our urban areas"

Nobody except the fringe nuts on both sides wants that.
However, as someone who was a liberal as a teen in the sixties chiefly due to the civil rights issues, it is deeply disturbing to see that for intents and purposes integration has failed.
Blacks on college campi across the country demand separate dorms, buildings, and services.
75% of blacks in a recent poll support the demonstrations at games.
Where does that leave us?
I'm beginning to think maybe separation might be a good idea if only to teach American blacks where their bread is buttered. There won't be much butter or bread if left to their own devices.

Dr. King's dream has been turned on it's head by the very people that claim to continue the struggle in his name.