Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9360 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »

I guess we're closer to a civil war (or a civil separation) than we think we are. If some Asian-American doctor, who's most likely making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually, thinks he's being oppressed by the white majority, then what hope is there for the country as it is?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:30:20 pm by goatprairie »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:42 pm »

Last time I checked yelling and screaming is not a conservative value.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2017, 02:28:11 pm »

Apples and oranges.  Leave it to you to try and compare the two.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2017, 02:28:57 pm »
I guess we're closer to a civil (or a civil separation) than we think we are. If some Asian-American doctor, who's most likely making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually, thinks he's being oppressed by the white majority, then what hope is there for the country as it is?

He's too stupid to realize he's part of a group that the BLM and SJW types despise.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
Oh, sure, immigration is a problem with Trump; so say now, people who backed someone who wanted to give legal residency to illegals but can claim, that is not amnesty, unlimited green cards and higher H1B1 quotas.

Obviously, one has to work on things, I'm sure the records of governors, Perry, Walker can be criticized, they have to lead all people.

But conservative checklist Senators do not have to deal with this.

Freedom of religion, check
2nd amendment rights, check
Stronger effort against terrorism, check.

Yes, their votes really did a lot.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2017, 02:39:58 pm »
Trump is saying what a lot of people think in America, but the NFL would generally thumb their noses at the fans, leave a city if they don't build a new stadium, moved beloved teams out of San Diego, St. Louis, Houston, Cleveland and the list goes on.

More power to him, if some 2nd tier talk show host was saying this, it'd be a yawn, the President of the US is saying it and more power to that message.

To me, it seems the concussion issue could easily end the NFL; people like the sport but there are some real issues to consider.

But hey, make arguments that put you on the same side of some pretty liberal people.

Offline kidd

« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2017, 02:43:03 pm »
I'm not protesting the NFL specifically because of these pre-game protests. Nor will I alter my behavior just to support Trump.

When it comes to sports, music or movies, I just want to be entertained without someone else shoving their politics down my throat.

There are other venues for politics.
I am not boycotting anything; I'm just losing interest in the NFL almost the same way that I lost interest in David Letterman in the early 90s (when he started becoming political on the air).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:50 pm »
I'm not protesting the NFL specifically because of these pre-game protests.

When it comes to sports, music or movies, I just want to be entertained without someone else shoving their politics down my throat.

Isn't that kind of contradictory?  If you don't like having politics shoved down your throat. (neither do I), the only way to confront that is to fight back via the pocketbook.  (i.e tickets, boycott sponsors, etc.)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
I guess we're closer to a civil war (or a civil separation) than we think we are. If some Asian-American doctor, who's most likely making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually, thinks he's being oppressed by the white majority, then what hope is there for the country as it is?

@goatprairie

If this fool were my doctor I'd fire him, but only after he heard my opinion of how rock-bottom stupid he is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »
Trump is saying what a lot of people think in America, but the NFL would generally thumb their noses at the fans, leave a city if they don't build a new stadium, moved beloved teams out of San Diego, St. Louis, Houston, Cleveland and the list goes on.

More power to him, if some 2nd tier talk show host was saying this, it'd be a yawn, the President of the US is saying it and more power to that message.

To me, it seems the concussion issue could easily end the NFL; people like the sport but there are some real issues to consider.

But hey, make arguments that put you on the same side of some pretty liberal people.

@TomSea

Last time I checked, rabid hatred of Ted Cruz falls neatly into that category.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2017, 03:39:55 pm »

This revolt against "Big Sports" has been brewing for a long time,  this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Without us, they're nothing!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:51 pm »
If this fool were my doctor I'd fire him, but only after he heard my opinion of how rock-bottom stupid he is.
Agreed. I'd question his mental stability.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2017, 04:05:54 pm »
Agreed. I'd question his mental stability.

@mountaineer

Same here.  What he's doing makes no sense, and he's willing to alienate his own patients for it. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2017, 12:15:57 am »
@goatprairie

Checking out this doctor on the internet, he has a history involving controversial issues including experimenting with fetal tissue.
We'll give Dr. Ghoul a choice: (1) he can walk a mile in a white neighborhood after midnight, unarmed, wearing a gold chain. (2) he can walk a mile down MLK bld in a number of large cities after midnight, unarmed, wearing a gold chain.
We'll see which neighborhood he'd choose.

Silver Pines

« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2017, 10:50:03 am »
Checking out this doctor on the internet, he has a history involving controversial issues including experimenting with fetal tissue.
We'll give Dr. Ghoul a choice: (1) he can walk a mile in a white neighborhood after midnight, unarmed, wearing a gold chain. (2) he can walk a mile down MLK bld in a number of large cities after midnight, unarmed, wearing a gold chain.
We'll see which neighborhood he'd choose.

@goatprairie

Well, I guess what you found out isn't surprising. 

From the look of this guy, option #2 would make him cry.

Offline corbe

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:12 pm »

Trump Praises Dallas Cowboys for Standing During National Anthem: ‘Big Progress Being Made’
BY:  David Rutz   
September 26, 2017 6:56 am

President Donald Trump praised the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday for rising for the national anthem before their Monday night game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Since saying Friday that players who don't stand for the national anthem should be fired from their teams, Trump has tweeted repeatedly about the issue, saying the league should require them to stand and demanding they respect the American flag.

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-praises-dallas-cowboys-for-standing-during-national-anthem-big-progress-being-made/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »
Keep it up, as you do not seem to have many followers on this thread whatsoever.

I choose to defend the honor of this country rather than letting petty and childish dislikes get into the way of seeing the underlying problems we have as a united country.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Lol, wait..."not many followers"...what?

Are you posting to be popular?  I don't think of TBR members as followers.  I prefer thinking for myself, and I'm pretty sure most here do, as well.

But you go right ahead and cruise on with that outrage.  I don't want to get in the way of a fun time.

Silver Pines

« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2017, 04:45:39 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
I have no idea what you are asking.  I thought I was answering what I guess your question was in my last post.   

There were only two options in the general election.  We got the best of the two.    Saying thats the same as "bush's fault" is foolish.    There is far more to be gained by being as positive as possible and helping to push Trump in a conservative direction then doing nothing but complaining for the next 3 years and 4 months.

@driftdiver

That was a year ago.  It's in the history books.  If you can't bring yourself to criticize politicians, well, that's your thing, but I'll stick with the American tradition of busting them every time they deserve it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Lol, wait..."not many followers"...what?

Are you posting to be popular?  I don't think of TBR members as followers.  I prefer thinking for myself, and I'm pretty sure most here do, as well.

But you go right ahead and cruise on with that outrage.  I don't want to get in the way of a fun time.
You certainly do not have to worry about getting many to agree with you as most see right through the rhetoric.  Proven on this thread, many times.

So go ahead and think for yourself, and take a knee while you are at it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:48 pm »
You certainly do not have to worry about getting many to agree with you as most see right through the rhetoric.  Proven on this thread, many times.

So go ahead and think for yourself, and take a knee while you are at it.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Harrumph, harrumph

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2017, 07:09:23 pm »
@driftdiver

That was a year ago.  It's in the history books.  If you can't bring yourself to criticize politicians, well, that's your thing, but I'll stick with the American tradition of busting them every time they deserve it.

@CatherineofAragon
You must get the last word.   You simply cannot allow someone else to, right?

You do nothing but bust Trump, nobody else, just Trump.  At least for the last year.    Its really quite boring.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2017, 07:23:32 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
You must get the last word.   You simply cannot allow someone else to, right?

You do nothing but bust Trump, nobody else, just Trump.  At least for the last year.    Its really quite boring.

@driftdiver

Give me somebody to bust, I'll bust him.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »
@driftdiver

Give me somebody to bust, I'll bust him.

@CatherineofAragon
There are many targets out there.   You're fixated on one.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:11 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
There are many targets out there.   You're fixated on one.

@driftdiver

So you can't suggest one of the many?

Trump is naturally going to get more flack when he screws up--he's the president.  I'm not going to post according to the way you think I should, okay?  If criticism of Trump is too much for you to take, you can always block me,