Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9429 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2017, 12:21:30 am »
   The story of Trump buying into the USFL back then, hoping to get bought out by the NFL is so typical of his deals, bordering on hysteria, a lot of people lost their shirts in that CF, including him.  He's still pizzed at the NFL.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2017, 12:23:35 am »
The most rabid fan in the Cleveland Browns "Dog Pound" or spiked shoulder pads wearing Raiders Fan has nothing in a group of English soccer hooligans.

No one likes us
No one likes us

We don't care
We are Millwall
Super Millwall

We are Millwall
From The Den

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2017, 12:24:50 am »
   The story of Trump buying into the USFL back then, hoping to get bought out by the NFL is so typical of his deals, bordering on hysteria, a lot of people lost their shirts in that CF, including him.  He's still pizzed at the NFL.

He also tried to buy the Buffalo Bills and someone else had a higher bid.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2017, 12:26:36 am »
I started out criticizing trump but this shit is obnoxious. bleep the NFL.

Regardless of what Trump does, this whole thing has become useful, for people to wake up and see how much the Left has infiltrated the media and entertainment (yes, sports is entertainment) industries, and it is time to say, "Enough",  we aren't buying your crap anymore, there is more to life than this, and we are tired to elevating the Court Jesters to the level of the King.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2017, 12:30:28 am »
Fearless Fishrrman prediction:

Mr. Trump is going to win on this one.

His complaint resonates with traditional-minded Americans...

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2017, 12:41:26 am »

This has been brewing for a long time even before Trump moved into the White House.  All it took was a spark, and Trump provided it.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2017, 12:49:23 am »
Your own disdain for arguing against the criticism of people who disrespect this country.

You must not read what you type, Weird Al.

@IsailedawayfromFR

No, you didn't read what the first sentence of the first post I made on this thread.  So you, in your inability to understand that people can hold two thoughts in their heads at one time, and that we can disagree with both sides on a particular issue, ran with more of this binary choice bull crap.  And you were loving every minute of it, because boy, were you feeling self-righteous and superior.

See, I detest those jerks who kneel.  (And I'll note that my Carolina Panthers all stood).  At the same time, I understand that Trump should have kept his mouth out of it.

But because everything is so stupid right now, all you can see is that anyone who disagrees with you is the enemy.

Silver Pines

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:54 am »

@Fishrrman

I'm more concerned about immigration, repealing Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc. than with "Mr. Trump" winning.

And I guess the party of small government better figure out if it's okay with politicians telling private companies who to fire. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2017, 12:59:48 am »
I'm with trump on this. If I am, then a lot more people will be too.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2017, 01:02:11 am »
......June 14, 1943
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_State_Board_of_Education_v._Barnette

The Court eloquently stated: "If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." To underscore its decision, the Supreme Court announced it on Flag Day.

Justice Robert Jackson: 

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Hugo Black and William O. Douglas: 

"Words uttered under coercion are proof of loyalty to nothing but self-interest," wrote Black and Douglas in a concurring opinion.

"Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:09 am »
I'm more concerned about immigration, repealing Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc. than with "Mr. Trump" winning.
@CatherineofAragon

Trump will win; the US loses.

What was a small, limited protest has been energized by his involvement. 

Go to websites where younger Americans predominate, and the balance has swung from mocking the protesters to supporting them.  To make Briefers aware of what the next line will be, I note that they're posting lots of things from veterans saying they fought for peoples' right to protest like this, and that the anti-protesters are the anti-Americans.  We'll see them try to turn this from "disrespect" to "respect". 

Time to prepare your counter-arguments for when you do battle.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

RAT Patrol

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2017, 01:06:12 am »
......June 14, 1943
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_State_Board_of_Education_v._Barnette

The Court eloquently stated: "If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein." To underscore its decision, the Supreme Court announced it on Flag Day.

Justice Robert Jackson: 

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Hugo Black and William O. Douglas: 

"Words uttered under coercion are proof of loyalty to nothing but self-interest," wrote Black and Douglas in a concurring opinion.

"Love of country must spring from willing hearts and free minds, inspired by a fair administration of wise laws enacted by the people's elected representatives within the bounds of express constitutional prohibitions."

That is excellent.  Thank you.  Love of country must spring for willing hearts and free minds or it is worthless.  The same can be said of religion or many other things.   That said, I think it is equally fair for fans to disrespect their disrespect.  I just think it is unwise of Trump to comment.

• Technical
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2017, 01:07:23 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Go to websites where younger Americans predominate, and the balance has swung from mocking the protesters to supporting them.  To make Briefers aware of what the next line will be, I note that they're posting lots of things from veterans saying they fought for peoples' right to protest like this, and that the anti-protesters are the anti-Americans.  We'll see them try to turn this from "disrespect" to "respect". 

I think you're strongly misreading the situation. I think trump will gain for this. I think ordinary Americans are enraged at these millionaire scumbags.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2017, 01:13:42 am »
... That said, I think it is equally fair for fans to disrespect their disrespect.  I just think it is unwise of Trump to comment.

:thumbsup2:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Technical
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2017, 01:16:10 am »
Richard Sherman before the game. Guy seems alright.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2017, 01:29:10 am »
I'm with trump on this. If I am, then a lot more people will be too.

*****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2017, 01:29:52 am »
@CatherineofAragon

@Suppressed

Nobody cares.  The fun is in the screaming.

Meanwhile, Trump's backtrack on immigration is exactly where he wanted it to be---out of the news and out of people's minds.

Silver Pines

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2017, 01:30:54 am »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2017, 01:38:45 am »
@Suppressed

Nobody cares.  The fun is in the screaming.

Meanwhile, Trump's backtrack on immigration is exactly where he wanted it to be---out of the news and out of people's minds.

Last time I checked yelling and screaming is not a conservative value.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2017, 02:10:07 am »

Last time I checked yelling and screaming is not a conservative value.

@kevindavis

You wouldn't think.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2017, 12:06:55 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

No, you didn't read what the first sentence of the first post I made on this thread.  So you, in your inability to understand that people can hold two thoughts in their heads at one time, and that we can disagree with both sides on a particular issue, ran with more of this binary choice bull crap.  And you were loving every minute of it, because boy, were you feeling self-righteous and superior.

See, I detest those jerks who kneel.  (And I'll note that my Carolina Panthers all stood).  At the same time, I understand that Trump should have kept his mouth out of it.

But because everything is so stupid right now, all you can see is that anyone who disagrees with you is the enemy.
You appear to be so blinded by hate, you cannot see a part of America that one rarely sees anymore - patriotism - as you weave your way to view sinister plots everywhere you look.

As I said, that is weird.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2017, 01:08:38 pm »
You appear to be so blinded by hate, you cannot see a part of America that one rarely sees anymore - patriotism - as you weave your way to view sinister plots everywhere you look.

As I said, that is weird.

@IsailedawayfromFR

See what I'm saying?  You completely ignored everything I posted to you as if it weren't there because you've got a groove going with that rant.  You're having too much fun cruising on your outrage, and your simple-minded Free Republic/Alex Jones desire to see anyone who disagrees with you, especially about Trump, as the enemy.  Everything is binary, and if you dislike Side A, you must find Side B blameless, or the screeching starts.

It's pathetically stupid.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:57 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

See what I'm saying?  You completely ignored everything I posted to you as if it weren't there because you've got a groove going with that rant.  You're having too much fun cruising on your outrage, and your simple-minded Free Republic/Alex Jones desire to see anyone who disagrees with you, especially about Trump, as the enemy.  Everything is binary, and if you dislike Side A, you must find Side B blameless, or the screeching starts.

It's pathetically stupid.
Keep it up, as you do not seem to have many followers on this thread whatsoever.

I choose to defend the honor of this country rather than letting petty and childish dislikes get into the way of seeing the underlying problems we have as a united country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2017, 02:02:17 pm »
@driftdiver

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm asking, but never mind.

It's been almost a year since the election.  "Glad he's not Hillary" is our side's "Bush's fault"; it's irrelevant.

Is your only standard that Trump not be someone else?  Really?

@CatherineofAragon
I have no idea what you are asking.  I thought I was answering what I guess your question was in my last post.   

There were only two options in the general election.  We got the best of the two.    Saying thats the same as "bush's fault" is foolish.    There is far more to be gained by being as positive as possible and helping to push Trump in a conservative direction then doing nothing but complaining for the next 3 years and 4 months.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.