Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9454 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2017, 11:46:08 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

So blinded by hate that you are agreeing with the leftists.  How's that feel?

@driftdiver, leftists throw accusations of "hate" around to try and shut people up.  That's what you're doing.  (Won't work).

Interesting 180 Trump did there, don't you think? 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2017, 11:59:52 pm »
@driftdiver, leftists throw accusations of "hate" around to try and shut people up.  That's what you're doing.  (Won't work).

Interesting 180 Trump did there, don't you think?

@CatherineofAragon

The leftists abuse the word but they didn't invent it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2017, 12:13:19 am »
@CatherineofAragon

The leftists abuse the word but they didn't invent it.

@driftdiver

I'll try again.  Your opinion of Trump's 180?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2017, 12:42:04 am »
@driftdiver

I'll try again.  Your opinion of Trump's 180?

@CatherineofAragon

I have no idea what you are asking.  I never liked him even before he ran.  But I find the constant negativity to be boring and quite non productive.  He's done far more good then I expected and I'm still damn glad Hillary isn't our president.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2017, 01:02:13 am »
I couldn't care less about football.

But I think Mr. Trump said it plainly.

And... correctly.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:03 am »
You don't understand what I'm talking about.

Like I said, he's doing this to distract.  People eat it up, he gets away with screwing us on immigration.
Ok, I am remiss at simply reading the words you wrote.

And how do you know this is just distraction.

Could it be what he is saying is actually what Americans support?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2017, 02:35:58 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR

One thing Trump knows is how to read an audience.

Offline kidd

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2017, 02:40:16 am »
In contrast, 2017 baseball attendance is essentially the same as 2016 (teams are averaging 228 less in attendance per game).

Haven't heard of anyone in MLB taking a knee

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2017, 02:46:38 am »
In contrast, 2017 baseball attendance is essentially the same as 2016 (teams are averaging 228 less in attendance per game).

Is this a correlation perhaps? 

In 2017, 75 percent of the NBA and 64 percent of the NFL players are black, but only 7.7 percent of MLB players are black.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/op-ed/articles/2017-07-10/3-reasons-for-the-declining-percentage-of-black-baseball-players-in-the-mlb
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2017, 11:28:06 am »

Some guy on the A's did it last night.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2017, 12:14:04 pm »
Imperator_Rex‏ @Imperator_Rex3 1h1 hour ago

Trump using NFL as a shiny object to distract the MSM & his rivals - a sign that something BIG is happening. Pay attention folks!

:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2017, 12:39:32 pm »
This is where I wish Trump would shut up and mind his own business.

I know we agree on many things here. But we are totally opposite on this one.

The flag, the anthem, and it's respect it core to our principles of supporting the military.  Think of the millions of those in the military who have died protecting that right for the past 241 years.   

These pukes disrespecting our anthem and flag are disrespecting the military too.   

IF they want to protest their  asinine social justice crap, try a different venue.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »
ts and I are about the same age and we were brought up using the word Negro as acceptable...please enlighten me as to what we are to use nowadays so we do not offend.

I just googled UNCF: United Negro College Fund and it is still using that term in their name.

ts meant no harm in using Negro in his comment....so lighten up

Kind of like the CP in NAACP.  IN the '60's that was the proper term.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2017, 12:46:32 pm »

Ocean of difference between a 90 year old NFL team name, and an entire faction of players using their stature as players to further a left wing political agenda.

You know I am a huge Trump critic, but he is right on this one.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »

The flag, the anthem, and it's respect it core to our principles of supporting the military.  Think of the millions of those in the military who have died protecting that right for the past 241 years.   

These pukes disrespecting our anthem and flag are disrespecting the military too.   

IF they want to protest their  asinine social justice crap, try a different venue.

Protesting the national anthem or flag is protesting America.  The bad as well as all the good.  Find another way to protest.  This is anti American and anyone supporting it can suck eggs.

This might be good as it will force people to take sides.  We will know who is our enemy.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:33 pm »

Do it at the restaurant 'around the corner' from the stadium and/or practice facilities.   Be sure NOT to be wearing any Team logo/brand.

NOT ON TEAM PROPERTY!  NOT ON THE TEAM'S CLOCK!   NOT WHILE WEARING YOUR EMPLOYER'S UNIFORM ON COMPANY TIME!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2017, 01:12:24 pm »
Ocean of difference between a 90 year old NFL team name, and an entire faction of players using their stature as players to further a left wing political agenda.

You know I am a huge Trump critic, but he is right on this one.

@catfish1957

I can't agree with you.  Trump just wanted an applause line to distract from his immigration mess.  He was successful.

Silver Pines

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I have no idea what you are asking.  I never liked him even before he ran.  But I find the constant negativity to be boring and quite non productive.  He's done far more good then I expected and I'm still damn glad Hillary isn't our president.

@driftdiver

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm asking, but never mind.

It's been almost a year since the election.  "Glad he's not Hillary" is our side's "Bush's fault"; it's irrelevant.

Is your only standard that Trump not be someone else?  Really?

Silver Pines

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2017, 01:29:33 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR

No doubt it echoes what Americans think, including me, which I said in my first post on the thread.
I don't need my president to parrot everything I think about issues that really don't matter in the scheme of things.

I know it's a distraction because every time he screws something up he goes to Twitter to get his base into a rah-rah mood.  You said it yourself, he knows how to read an audience.  And Trump said in one of his books that he knows how to tell people just what they want to hear.

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2017, 01:47:53 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

No doubt it echoes what Americans think, including me, which I said in my first post on the thread.
I don't need my president to parrot everything I think about issues that really don't matter in the scheme of things.

I know it's a distraction because every time he screws something up he goes to Twitter to get his base into a rah-rah mood.  You said it yourself, he knows how to read an audience.  And Trump said in one of his books that he knows how to tell people just what they want to hear.
So issues do not matter like respect for this country?

You are a weird person.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »
If more people would fund their retirement plans instead of paying thugs to chase a ball around, we would all be a lot better off.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »

I can't imagine going through life without guiding principles.

He just bumbles from one thing to another.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:39 pm »
@catfish1957

I can't agree with you.  Trump just wanted an applause line to distract from his immigration mess.  He was successful.

This from the person that says she will be the first to give Trump credit when he is right.

President Trump was standing up for America and American values, but you are too blinded by your hatred of Trump to see that. Hate is not good for you, you should do something about that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2017, 02:25:17 pm »

You are a weird person.

I don’t think she is. She appears to be NeverTrump, and that is her privilege. I don’t happen to agree she should use that to ignore the essential message: that America is racist for electing Pes. Trump. That is wrong and we should all take a stand against that.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »

You are a weird person.

As Trump himself pointed out, it's not the job of the POTUS to direct how a business should be run. That's Obama-like.

Criticize anti-American behavior, but don't just use it as red meat to distract fron failings.  (I understand it was Obama-style campaigning.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn