Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9361 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 02:56:45 pm »
Players have a right to protest. Just not on the field under their NFL employees contracts. That is all.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 03:16:53 pm »
These NFL players are in a sense, bullying their audience, turnabout is fair play.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 03:18:29 pm »
That so weird for Goodell to say that. Apparently, for some inexplicable reason, the NFL has decided to follow the ESPN model of suicide by self-immolation. Is he so far out of touch that he doesn't realize who is customers are?

Latte sucking Liberals don't watch football. In fact, the opposite. They protest it.

So, who? Who is he trying to appeal to? The players are stupid punks. They are doing it to have fun flipping-off America. And Kaepernick in particular is doing it specifically to flip-off America and his parents (both the ones he knows, and his actual parents). He is just a pissed off abandoned child. And I 'get that' in a way. I understand children and punks acting out. That's what they do. But Goodell is supposed to be the parent.

Trump supporters and 'steak and potatoes' American patriots are the people watching football. So as this thing escalates, who does he expect to be his remaining viewers, a few pissed off angry Black people, and maybe a couple of Liberals who hate America?

I'm talking about the customer base. He's already dealing with a shrinking customer base, and he throws gas on the fire by supporting the very people who are shrinking it. What is he doing?

I can't figure out what is going on with sports these days? Mixing sports with politics, race, anti-America/anti-Police agendas, is insane. It alienates over 90% of people who watch football. Americans who support those things are his primary customer base.

Oh well, sitting out a year won't kill me. Maybe sports will get back to sports in year or two. I don't know. I'm just confused by this whole thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

gogogodzilla

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
So you like the disrespect?

What disrespect?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »
Ok, but it's up to the owners to discipline or fire the players.  It's their business and what we think doesn't matter. 

I suspect owners are afraid of that "racist" label if they take action against the protesters.  Whatever the reason -- it's going to be their loss when people, tired of politics permeating their favorite sport and almost every other form of entertainment, stop going to games or watch on tv.

The owners don't care, they've made their money. It's the newer owners that will suffer.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 03:55:43 pm »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »
Ok, but it's up to the owners to discipline or fire the players.  It's their business and what we think doesn't matter. 

I suspect owners are afraid of that "racist" label if they take action against the protesters.  Whatever the reason -- it's going to be their loss when people, tired of politics permeating their favorite sport and almost every other form of entertainment, stop going to games or watch on tv.

We are their customers.   Of course it matters what we think.

Take their special tax exemptions and make an pay for their stadiums.

Offline endicom

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 04:29:54 pm »

Yup.

Something to keep in mind the next time some mayor or governor lies about how having a sports team will be of great economic benefit.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »

I wholeheartedly agree with getting rid of the tax exemptions (and other little perks) they get. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 04:49:10 pm »
Powerless? So far, the NFL networks are looking at a $200 million decline in viewership.

And why are you assuming it's because of Conservatives staying away?

My 47 year old son is boycotting the NFL, but as a rabid supporter of Colin Kaepernick and his merry band of monkeys...as he thinks he should have been signed already by a team.

50% of the country sides with my son.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 04:57:41 pm »
This is an issue between the players, the teams, and the customers (fans). Not for Mr. Federal Government to try to influence.

With that being said, these players are basically actors for their team and the league, each playing a role. Some teams may decide they like this role they are playing and will let them follow the script. Other teams may decide that they are going off script, like a TV actor refusing to say his lines, and there could be consequences.

But this is all a big show. Bread and circuses. It is to get people on all sides riled up and at each other's throats.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 04:59:48 pm »
That so weird for Goodell to say that. Apparently, for some inexplicable reason, the NFL has decided to follow the ESPN model of suicide by self-immolation. Is he so far out of touch that he doesn't realize who is customers are?

Trump supporters and 'steak and potatoes' American patriots are the people watching football. So as this thing escalates, who does he expect to be his remaining viewers, a few pissed off angry Black people, and maybe a couple of Liberals who hate America?

I'm talking about the customer base. He's already dealing with a shrinking customer base, and he throws gas on the fire by supporting the very people who are shrinking it. What is he doing?

I can't figure out what is going on with sports these days? Mixing sports with politics, race, anti-America/anti-Police agendas, is insane. It alienates over 90% of people who watch football. Americans who support those things are his primary customer base.

Oh well, sitting out a year won't kill me. Maybe sports will get back to sports in year or two. I don't know. I'm just confused by this whole thing.

Roger is not a very bright person, but there is always baseball, thoroughbred racing and ice hockey.

Liberals destroy everything they touch and they have their fingers everywhere. Letting the SJW take over the NFL will not end well for the NFL.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:02:37 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:14 pm »

It is up to the NFL (Roger Goodell) to discipline players for binging BLM politics into football.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »
Things are heating up.

Former Democratic Rep. Donna Edwards (D-Md.) tweeted that she hopes all NFL players kneel during the national anthem on Sunday in response to President Trump's remarks attacking Colin Kaepernick.

Edwards, who left Congress earlier this year, called Trump a "white supremacist who squats in our White House" in her tweet.

It is going to be a very interesting Sunday.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 05:09:09 pm »
And why are you assuming it's because of Conservatives staying away?

My 47 year old son is boycotting the NFL, but as a rabid supporter of Colin Kaepernick and his merry band of monkeys...as he thinks he should have been signed already by a team.

50% of the country sides with my son.

What was it PT Barnum said?

I doubt most have any idea what's going on they just follow the heard.  That s why it's so important to be vocal against the nfl.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 05:14:00 pm »
It is up to the NFL (Roger Goodell) to discipline players for binging BLM politics into football.

Unless he wants it. It is part of the scripted play he wants to be acted out. He wants heroes and villains. He wants people at each other's throats. he wants controversy to keep the league at the top of social media buzz and headlining the news.

It is all a big scripted play.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »
Speaking to a crowd in Huntsville, Alabama, where Trump is campaigning for Luther Strange ahead of the Senate runoff for the Republican primary, Trump insisted the NFL take a stronger stance.

He said this at a campaign rally, anyone who has followed his campaign and rallies he has attended, knows he often talks about the topic du jour.  He's a bit like Rush in that he has his own little spiel he goes through, it's kind of like a daily talk show when he does this.  Did Obama make candid remarks? Clinton? Bush? I don't find a lot of fault with saying these things.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »
Unless he wants it. It is part of the scripted play he wants to be acted out. He wants heroes and villains. He wants people at each other's throats. he wants controversy to keep the league at the top of social media buzz and headlining the news.

It is all a big scripted play.

Well the Dems, unions and "players" are full of outrage now so tomorrow is going to be a big show.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 05:24:28 pm »
It is going to be a very interesting Sunday.

Not for me it won't. Whatever happens, I'll catch it on endless articles, and repeated videos on the news. Nope. No longer comfortable going to the stadiums because of incitement to violence by Black Lives Kill and their supporters. The game is now overshadowed by politics. The halftime shows have become completely political for years now.

You can't even talk about sport anymore at work or in a bar. Which teams and players you support or don't support is now used by SJWs to determine whether or not you are a 'white supremacist' (whatever that is?).

When sports talk becomes NSFW, that is my red flag that it is time to leave it alone. They have already sucked all the fun out of it anyway. So, I won't miss it too much.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 05:36:00 pm »
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: Trump's 'divisive' comments show lack of respect for the NFL
by Daniel Chaitin | Sep 23, 2017, 9:40 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell rebuked President Trump for calling on NFL players that protest the national anthem to be fired, saying that his comments are "divisive."

"The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month," Goodell said in a statement Saturday morning. "Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-trumps-divisive-comments-show-lack-of-respect-for-the-nfl/article/2635379

Eff Roger Goodell. This American voter, consumer, former football fan, veteran ALREADY lost resect for his Negro Football League and the disrespect they show to my country by their actions (players, management alike)

Once again, Eff Roger Goodell. The TV is OFF at my house.

Thanks President Trump for expressing my views. Thanks again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 05:40:05 pm »

No. We WERE their consumers. Not any longer. They must have plans on getting by without us.

I see the stadium attendance figures, are down for the second year. While the economy is in a robust recovery cycle.

Something is going on, and Goodell IS CLEARLY TAKING THE SIDE OF THE NEGRO PLAYERS.

I take the side, of the fans no longer attending the games.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 05:42:33 pm »
Eff Roger Goodell. This American voter, consumer, former football fan, veteran ALREADY lost resect for his Negro Football League and the disrespect they show to my country by their actions (players, management alike)

Once again, Eff Roger Goodell. The TV is OFF at my house.

Thanks President Trump for expressing my views. Thanks again.

Bravo!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 06:04:09 pm »
This is an issue between the players, the teams, and the customers (fans). Not for Mr. Federal Government to try to influence.

With that being said, these players are basically actors for their team and the league, each playing a role. Some teams may decide they like this role they are playing and will let them follow the script. Other teams may decide that they are going off script, like a TV actor refusing to say his lines, and there could be consequences.

But this is all a big show. Bread and circuses. It is to get people on all sides riled up and at each other's throats.

So the goal was to get reduced attendance?  It appears this show, has a flawed plot.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
So the goal was to get reduced attendance?  It appears this show, has a flawed plot.

That's true. Because BLM is not playing. They are all about real violence and real death. It would be crazy foolishness to pit BLM against customers as a show, or a stunt.

I've never heard of a violent riot happening when Hulk Hogan took on Ric Flair, because everybody knew deep down that it was a friendly rivalry. It was just a good time.

But if BLM starts rioting at stadiums, which I suspect is the next step, people will get hurt and even killed. Nothing is 'friendly' with BLM.

If somebody is ginning this thing up like a pro-wrestling stunt, that guy should be arrested the first time someone winds up in the hospital over this nonsense.

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »
While I agree with the sentiment, the way it was expressed is no different than Trump standing on the debate stage, telling the world about the size of his junk.  He's classless and unsuited for the presidency, but we knew that. 

But who cares?  As long as Trump is trolling his fans are happy.