Author Topic: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US  (Read 9450 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump slams NFL for not firing players who 'disrespect' US
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2017, 03:07:16 pm »
In contrast, 2017 baseball attendance is essentially the same as 2016 (teams are averaging 228 less in attendance per game).

Haven't heard of anyone in MLB taking a knee

Catcher for the Oakland A's became the first one this weekend.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2017, 03:09:32 pm »
Do it at the restaurant 'around the corner' from the stadium and/or practice facilities.   Be sure NOT to be wearing any Team logo/brand.

NOT ON TEAM PROPERTY!  NOT ON THE TEAM'S CLOCK!   NOT WHILE WEARING YOUR EMPLOYER'S UNIFORM ON COMPANY TIME!

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2017, 03:45:02 pm »
Do it at the restaurant 'around the corner' from the stadium and/or practice facilities.   Be sure NOT to be wearing any Team logo/brand.

NOT ON TEAM PROPERTY!  NOT ON THE TEAM'S CLOCK!   NOT WHILE WEARING YOUR EMPLOYER'S UNIFORM ON COMPANY TIME!

That's how I'd run my team, but evidently some folks have chosen differently. Who is the Federal government to tell them?  If the business owner chooses to allow protests on company time, that's his business.

I don't like it, and I'm no longer watching nor buying licensed products.  But it's their decision.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:51:50 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »
So issues do not matter like respect for this country?

You are a weird person.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Right, I'm weird for wanting the focus to be on repealing Obamacare, building the new "transparent" wall, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc., instead of a bunch of jerk football players.

Like you said, Trump knows his audience.

Silver Pines

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2017, 04:05:50 pm »
I don’t think she is. She appears to be NeverTrump, and that is her privilege. I don’t happen to agree she should use that to ignore the essential message: that America is racist for electing Pes. Trump. That is wrong and we should all take a stand against that.

@aligncare

Go with what you think I "appear" to be rather than what I've stated I am, and what my posts have shown.  It's more convenient for your argument. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2017, 04:37:21 pm »
That's how I'd run my team, but evidently some folks have chosen differently. Who is the Federal government to tell them?  If the business owner chooses to allow protests on company time, that's his business.

I don't like it, and I'm no longer watching nor buying licensed products.  But it's their decision.

No ones talking about government intervention, we are talking about player contracts. There are provisions therein that prohibit just this sort of thing.

Owners have the option to clamp down. But, will they? Or, are they cowed by political correctness and fear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2017, 04:40:34 pm »
@aligncare

Go with what you think I "appear" to be rather than what I've stated I am, and what my posts have shown.  It's more convenient for your argument.

Yeah, right. Pull the other one.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2017, 04:51:29 pm »
I don’t think she is. She appears to be NeverTrump, and that is her privilege. I don’t happen to agree she should use that to ignore the essential message: that America is racist for electing Pes. Trump. That is wrong and we should all take a stand against that.
There you go again.

These protests started LAST YEAR, before Trump was even elected.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2017, 05:03:04 pm »
No ones talking about government intervention...

We have yapping from the bully pulpit this morning.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2017, 05:07:21 pm »
I started out criticizing trump but this shit is obnoxious. bleep the NFL.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2017, 05:08:49 pm »
If more people would fund their retirement plans instead of paying thugs to chase a ball around, we would all be a lot better off.

I'd like to nominate that for Post of the Week :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2017, 05:12:56 pm »
@dfwgator

I've heard people from the UK find it odd that the US always plays the National Anthem, you don't have that at the British soccer/football matches in general I'd think, just in the International matches. I don't know if that is true. I don't know if they do that in Germany, Spain, Italy, etc.  Poland, Russia.

Now, it's getting attention. That's almost too bad, they don't show the national anthem in general in just a normal NFL game in tv coverage.

They always seem to show that in the NHL though, I can usually remember it. Hopefully, they don't go down this road.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:21:52 pm by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2017, 05:24:34 pm »

Yep, and sadly we have become a  country that has raised its children to worship athletes and entertainers, and they see this message day in day out.

A whole new generation of institutional left wingers have been created right under our noses.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:57 pm »
Yeah, right. Pull the other one.

@aligncare

Just like I said, lol.  The ration of positive to negative posts has to suit your standards, or "Never Trump!"

Doesn't make a damn to me.  I'll continue to praise him when deserved and criticize when warranted because it's the right thing to do, not because I'm waiting for your approval.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:19 pm »
@dfwgator

I've heard people from the UK find it odd that the US always plays the National Anthem, you don't have that at the British soccer/football matches in general I'd think, just in the International matches. I don't know if that is true. I don't know if they do that in Germany, Spain, Italy, etc.  Poland, Russia.

Now, it's getting attention. That's almost too bad, they don't show the national anthem in general in just a normal NFL game in tv coverage.

They always seem to show that in the NHL though, I can usually remember it. Hopefully, they don't go down this road.
Sports fandom in Europe is far different than in the U.S., and not always for the better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:10 pm »
This is where I wish Trump would shut up and mind his own business.

Trump just made the childish protest by a few into a GD political circus affecting every NFL player.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2017, 10:10:15 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Right, I'm weird for wanting the focus to be on repealing Obamacare, building the new "transparent" wall, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc., instead of a bunch of jerk football players.

Like you said, Trump knows his audience.
If you do not reject the disrespect of this country, you are weird, unpatriotic, and symptomatic of the problem in education that civics is not longer taught and learned.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2017, 10:16:13 pm »
If you do not reject the disrespect of this country, you are weird, unpatriotic, and symptomatic of the problem in education that civics is not longer taught and learned.

@IsailedawayfromFR

What makes you think I don't?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »
Sports fandom in Europe is far different than in the U.S., and not always for the better.

The most rabid fan in the Cleveland Browns "Dog Pound" or spiked shoulder pads wearing Raiders Fan has nothing in a group of English soccer hooligans.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:56 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Uhhhhhh.......your ###king avatar?    :laugh:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2017, 11:06:47 pm »
I started out criticizing trump but this shit is obnoxious. bleep the NFL.
:beer:

Silver Pines

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2017, 11:08:50 pm »
Uhhhhhh.......your ###king avatar?    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Lol  *smack*

He's a cupcake

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2017, 12:00:39 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Your own disdain for arguing against the criticism of people who disrespect this country.

You must not read what you type, Weird Al.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2017, 12:18:25 am »
Trump is still upset cause the NFL told him to pound sand twice.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/